• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Qatar Smash?

fiss28

Smash Rookie
NNID
fiss28
3DS FC
4441-9595-8529
Qatar Smash?
Among my time living in Qatar, I've only been able to find smash players far and between...
I decided to post here, to possibly get an idea of the kinds of smashers here! (if any xP)
From my knowledge, The Gaming Lounge used to host brawl tournys in Qatar a while back, and I would love for them to start having smash 4 tournys. Of course, we'd have to show them that we as smashers are a legitimate group worth having a tourny for~
So, any smashers here in Qatar? :3

Last edited:

PowerSauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowlugiaxd
3DS FC
3007-8726-3860
Hey. I also live in Qatar and play smash. Currently, I only play smash 4, because I lack the resources to play melee or project M. I would really like a tournament to happen in Qatar, where all competitive players can meet and battle.

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
We have a competitive scene in Qatar for Smash 4, last tourney was during december, the series is called "We eSports Now" and it's held at a bi-annual pace. Join the group, we discuss about the scene growing in Qatar and all around the middle east in there.

PowerSauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowlugiaxd
3DS FC
3007-8726-3860
So the next one will be during June sometime? What day specifically, as I assume a lot of people will be busy studying for exams at that time (at least us high schoolers).

fiss28

Smash Rookie
NNID
fiss28
3DS FC
4441-9595-8529
Fantastic! These bi-annuals seem like a great stepping stone for developing a smash community. I have to say I love the fact that their was streaming at the last event (right?)
Since you were the TO for the last tournament TheArabSamurai, could you give us an idea on how the tournament went. Things such as amount of entrants and overall success and atmosphere of the total experience?
Looking forward to the next tournament!

Last edited:

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
So the next one will be during June sometime? What day specifically, as I assume a lot of people will be busy studying for exams at that time (at least us high schoolers).
I'm a high school student as well, don't worry about it! Next tourney we're hoping for a week after Eid or so.
Fantastic! These bi-annuals seem like a great stepping stone for developing a smash community. I have to say I love the fact that their was streaming at the last event (right?)
Since you were the TO for the last tournament TheArabSamurai, could you give us an idea on how the tournament went. Things such as amount of entrants and overall success and atmosphere of the total experience?
Looking forward to the next tournament!
The tourney went great! We had around 40-50 people coming in, we have a power rankings in the working to see who's the best, the Smash 4 scene is quite large. The stream was fun, I think I was a pretty damn good commentator, the atmosphere was great, we had a multitude of talented players. I see potential here.

PowerSauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowlugiaxd
3DS FC
3007-8726-3860
I'm a high school student as well, don't worry about it! Next tourney we're hoping for a week after Eid or so.

The tourney went great! We had around 40-50 people coming in, we have a power rankings in the working to see who's the best, the Smash 4 scene is quite large. The stream was fun, I think I was a pretty damn good commentator, the atmosphere was great, we had a multitude of talented players. I see potential here.

That's great! Are you planning on organizing an online tournament? I also like the idea of a power system, but how would this be determined? To be honest, I am quite surprised so many people showed up. There was such a good community right under our noses. If you are in need of promotional art or something along those lines, I am willing to create something eye-catching.

fiss28

Smash Rookie
NNID
fiss28
3DS FC
4441-9595-8529
Sounds like it was a great time! Are there anyways to play friendlies with these players online? Are they members of smashbaords? Also, already looking forward to the hype of the next tournament! :D

Last edited:

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
That's great! Are you planning on organizing an online tournament? I also like the idea of a power system, but how would this be determined? To be honest, I am quite surprised so many people showed up. There was such a good community right under our noses. If you are in need of promotional art or something along those lines, I am willing to create something eye-catching.
Power rankings are all determined by tournament placements, it's still in process as we only had one tourney, the IGN tourney is coming up and you should buy your tickets from Virgin and then sign up on the Challonge here. I don't plan on hosting an online tourney- But if you are looking for people to play with online, I implore you to join our Facebook group and start a thread, hell, I'd be more than glad to play with you sometime.
Sounds like it was a great time! Are there anyways to play friendlies with these players online? Are they members of smashbaords? Also, already looking forward to the hype of the next tournament! :D
Start a thread on the group on FB or ask to join the Whatsapp group!

Last edited:

PowerSauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowlugiaxd
3DS FC
3007-8726-3860
Power rankings are all determined by tournament placements, it's still in process as we only had one tourney, the IGN tourney is coming up and you should buy your tickets from Virgin and then sign up on the Challonge here. I don't plan on hosting an online tourney- But if you are looking for people to play with online, I implore you to join our Facebook group and start a thread, hell, I'd be more than glad to play with you sometime.

We are aware of the IGN tournament, I would attend, but it was timed very badly, (for us at least). It doesn't really align with our schedules. However, I will most likely attend the tourney in July after Eid.

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
We are aware of the IGN tournament, I would attend, but it was timed very badly, (for us at least). It doesn't really align with our schedules. However, I will most likely attend the tourney in July after Eid.
Damn, that blows. :/ Well, I'll definitely look forward to playing with you at next tourney though!

PowerSauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowlugiaxd
3DS FC
3007-8726-3860

Oh yeah, I forgot to say. Are you considering making your tourneys more frequent, possibly 3 times a year or even quarterly?

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
Oh yeah, I forgot to say. Are you considering making your tourneys more frequent, possibly 3 times a year or even quarterly?
The original plan was to make it a seasonal, so it'd be quarterly every 3 months. However, the venue that we use doesn't allow that and realistically speaking, with our rigorous school courses at my school, it's really hard to find the time for it. Me and my buds can barely manage at semi-annual.

However, I fully support you hosting a tourney in between the times in which there aren't any tourneys. IGN covers the spring season, so you can shoot for something in Autumn, and I'd love to help you out. Don't feel inclined to wait for me to host something, it can still be something really simple, like getting together at a Majlis.

PowerSauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowlugiaxd
3DS FC
3007-8726-3860
The original plan was to make it a seasonal, so it'd be quarterly every 3 months. However, the venue that we use doesn't allow that and realistically speaking, with our rigorous school courses at my school, it's really hard to find the time for it. Me and my buds can barely manage at semi-annual.

However, I fully support you hosting a tourney in between the times in which there aren't any tourneys. IGN covers the spring season, so you can shoot for something in Autumn, and I'd love to help you out. Don't feel inclined to wait for me to host something, it can still be something really simple, like getting together at a Majlis.
IGN is hosting another tourney in spring? I was not aware of this. My friends and I may attempt to do something in fall, but with the beginning of the school year, I think it would be best to host something during June or August (July is covered by you).

fiss28

Smash Rookie
NNID
fiss28
3DS FC
4441-9595-8529
IGN is hosting another tourney in spring? I was not aware of this. My friends and I may attempt to do something in fall, but with the beginning of the school year, I think it would be best to host something during June or August (July is covered by you).
I think what he means is the tourny that ign is hosting at their convention next week?
I'll definitely have to look into starting a thread to start playing friendlies. Too bad I won't be able to come to the ign tourny, and even so I would only be able to come to the qualifiers. Might do that though...

Last edited:

PowerSauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowlugiaxd
3DS FC
3007-8726-3860
What time are qualifiers on Thursday?

Last edited:

TheArabSamurai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheArabSamurai
3DS FC
5172-1967-5562
By spring I mean, now around this time.

What time are qualifiers on Thursday?
I wanna say 4 o clock? Not too sure, check Falcon Arena or the IGN event page.

PowerSauce

Smash Cadet
NNID
shadowlugiaxd
3DS FC
3007-8726-3860
By spring I mean, now around this time.

I wanna say 4 o clock? Not too sure, check Falcon Arena or the IGN event page.
You'll be seeing us at the qualifiers next Thursday. I'll be that guy who uses his 3DS as a controller and plays Ness just so you know. I hope to fight you sometime while I'm there. :) Of course, good luck to you in the tournament.

obaid173

Smash Rookie
GUYZ I PLAY IN THE UAE ADD ME PLEASE IF U LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE MIDDLE EAST nin id is obaid_uae

Top Bottom