• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A threads, and over-modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajna

Smash Apprentice
Thats a stupid idea. This is a message board. The idea that all questions have to be siphoned into a "q&a" thread where they could easily be looked over, or whose answer(s) could be lost in a clutter of other answers to other questions is foolish.

I think this message board already has enough sub-categories without needing each sub-category micromanaged by mods. Phantom-x, I imagine your well respected here, so calling you out im sure will gain me instant disdain from my fellow smash board-ers...
But your job as mod is to make the members experience enjoyable and efficient.

If people were annoyed by a post, they wouldnt respond. Or flame it until it fails or a mod sees that there is an issue and closes it down. I find your modding techniques to be very similar to a cop who arrests and hand-cuffs someone for something that isnt harming anyone else or themselves... simply because they are in a position of authority and they are bored.
Look, im not trying to stir up a bunch of drama- and I imagine your response is going to be some elitist angsty bs, followed by the locking of this thread.. but know this is no attempt at disrespect.. i only think that you are abusing your authority. And im respectfully asking you to chill.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Actually, my primary job is to keep the boards clean and simple and free of clutter... keeping things more organized. Questions that are simple and can be answered once quickly don't need their own thread, that's what the question and answer thread EXISTS for. If everyone makes their own thread for little questions like those you asked, then there is no purpose for the Q&A thread.

The new threads that tend to be allowed are those that are expected to be ongoing for a long period of time or facilitate longstanding discussions or present something new to the metagame, and even those get closed when they die out. I have to do my job, regardless of whether you like it or not.

Your argument about things being lost in the Q&A thread are easily debunked by the fact that the Luigi boards Q&A thread is very slow as far as queries are concerned, as you'd know if you ever ventured there. Make a question that won't get one answer from 3 pepole and then die out and I'll allow it. I'll wait for you to respond to this before I close this thread, as, once again, I'm supposed to do.

P.S. There are already matchup discussion threads, so asking how to beat TL is clearly a redundant topic.

P.P.S. Lol at you thinking i'm elitist or angsty or abusive.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Why are you comparing PhantomX from the internet... to a real life cop....?

Your probably new here to this board, this board is really slow paced in moving/answering (just like most of the other character boards). Oh and a list of stuff you should really look before making a new thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107 Meet & Greet Forum

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251831 Golden Rules : A guide for every new person around SWF.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108 Forum Support - basically anything you have a problem, bring it here.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241767 Luigi V Toon link Rediscussion in the TL boards back in early July which should answer your other thread.

And no PhantomX is nowhere a elitist or abusive of his mod powers. Actually l'd like to think he is very EXTREMELY WELL RESPECTED person/friend/mod around this board and that he's uses his mod rights lightly.

Also around these boards, don't bring up wifi because it's completely our league to control that since you can be fighting a TL from Europe from all we know.

our jurisdiction lies with OFFLINE we don't do wifi just bring that to Q/A.

Ajna

Smash Apprentice
well the elitist angsty comment was not directed at you Phantom, it was more of a generalization of mods attitudes towards new board members.

I appreciate your quick and respectful reply. I also appreciate the other board members empathy and patience. I will try to keep all of your advice in mind while continuing use of this board. And for those of you who I couldnt reply to in my Toon Link thread, your tactics have been helping me out, and thank-you very much! Hippy, your posts on this board have been helping me up my Luigi-game since long before i became a member here.

I would really love to do more competitive battles IRL, unfortunately there isnt much brawling going on in my area (raleigh nc). so wifi is pretty much my only option for competitive play.

Anyway... im glad we have come to an understanding phantom, not trying to start off on the wrong foot. Thanx again. :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom