• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Purge of Delusion - A Ganondorf Triumph Teaser

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
First off, I'm guessing that since the Ganon boards compilation video isn't in the video thread that it's more for single matches and such. I apologize if this does indeed belong there.

So, about a month ago I had an idea for a Ganondorf video. I watched a bunch of others and was always impressed with the players in them, but I noticed that most combo videos always lacked one thing: a theme.

That's when I started thinking. Thinking that since Ganondorf is a special character, being that he, the antithesis of Meta Knight, has no good match-ups, had to have something about him that could be used as a theme. That's when the idea popped into my head to make a video showcasing Ganondorf against every character in the roster, in order of their match-up severity.

Of course, this being an unfinished product, some are out of place and not in order as I lacked adequate clips for said characters for the trailer. I'm ecstatic I've made it this far into the project, because several adversities have presented themselves:

-I do not have homebrew. Thus, I can't have replays over 3 minutes. I also do not have a capture card and can't just film every match I have in hopes it'll have prime material in it.

-Finding two different users of every character and pulling off some sort of stunt while keeping the match under 3 minutes.

-Manually recording small clips from each replay and scrolling through all the replays I have to find the best material.

So, it's a miracle I've gotten to this stage. But when I saw even the trailer's outcome, I was overjoyed and simply knew I had to finish it. I still have a long way to go, but hopefully by the end of the month I'll have it completely finished.

Here you are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1NcEIEz5yU - Purge of Delusion

@HomE

Smash Ace
Well... I really like some of those clips, and some of them were very.. meh

The Intro was about 15x to long, and I'm not a huge fan of the Match-up number theme.. i personally think they are bunk..

All that aside, I really enjoyed the majority of the clips, should be a solid vid...

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Well... I really like some of those clips, and some of them were very.. meh

The Intro was about 15x to long, and I'm not a huge fan of the Match-up number theme.. i personally think they are bunk..

All that aside, I really enjoyed the majority of the clips, should be a solid vid...
Much obliged, man. As for the match-up numbers, it just ties into the whole theme of Ganon being in a weakened state and surmounting nearly impossible odds against "false kings", who would be his bad match-ups.

As for the meh clips, I'm going to make sure I get the best clips I can. It's just a major chore with the restrictions I have, so, out of eagerness, I'm sometimes quick to put a certain clip in when I'm aware it's not terribly flashy.

Overall, thanks again, though.

@HomE

Smash Ace
As for the match-up numbers, it just ties into the whole theme of Ganon being in a weakened state and surmounting nearly impossible odds against "false kings", who would be his bad match-ups.
Haha, i don't think you need to remind anyone how bad Ganon is.. We are all quite aware of this by now :chuckle:

:ohwell:

:crying:

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The main problem I see is that the transitions go a bit too fast, especially with a few of the massive walls of text at the beginning and between matches. The accuracy of the ratios is meh, but I could care less about that. The clips aren't bad and the little opening story adds an interesting twist compared to most CVs.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
The main problem I see is that the transitions go a bit too fast, especially with a few of the massive walls of text at the beginning and between matches. The accuracy of the ratios is meh, but I could care less about that. The clips aren't bad and the little opening story adds an interesting twist to most CVs.
Yeah, it's not even close to what the real thing will be. I aimed for it to be fast paced with quick transitions. As for the ratios, I threw a few of my own personal ones in there. :p

Thanks though. Finished product will be far more... elaborate and orderly, shall we say. :p

Top Bottom