• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pulling out a banana remaining on the edge

IDK

Smash Lord
i am a little sorry for posting this because it will probably be a short thread and be closed soon, but i cannot test at the moment because my power has been out for a while (i'm using a laptop) so i was wondering if someone could do this. i have always been trying to find a way to be on the edge, get off of it away from the stage, pull out a banana, do something like jumping to get it, and returning to the edge. i like to do this for things like tapping away from the stage, jumping and immediately throwing it at the edgeguarder so they trip and i have time to get up and follow up.

Anyway, i was just thinking about it on a thread i just posted on and i thought i may have found a way but need someone to test. Here are a couple of things that might work:

tap away from the stage, do a forward b away from it, throw a banana (be careful not to kung-fu kick), jump, catch as quickly as possible (maybe a bair? air-dodge may take too long... i don't know. but may also be useful to make yourself less vulnerable while doing so), then follow with an upb to regrab the edge.

that is one option... and while i was typing i thought of another that may be less likely to work IMO.

tap away, down b (if it doesn't fast fall somehow...) jump, catch, regrab edge with upb.

So... if anyone could test this soon... i'm pretty anxious to know if this is possible. thanks.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well, if you want, on most neutral stages, you can just tap away from the stage to let go, wall jump off of the stage, down B a banana, then sideB back to the edge. you wont grab the banana, but it will place a banana on the very edge of the stage. then if you want you can just let go of the ledge and airdodge to get the banana. if they grab the banana, you can follow up with a fair off the ledge and get them away from you as soon as the get the banana. or if you're just lucky, the banana will land on them and they'll trip, giving you time to get back up on the stage

IDK

Smash Lord
yeah, i know you can throw it back onto the stage from the edge, but i was wondering if there were a way to get one yourself on the edge and actually catch it. however i just tested and i couldn't seem to find a way. Yet thinking more now about your walljump technique, maybe you could tap away, jump and throw banana, wallstick, jump off, grab banana, up b to edge?

Top Bottom