• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puff the Ness Slayer?

Brellow

Smash Cadet
HI. I'm a Puff main and I've been practicing this technique that gimps Ness and sends him in free fall animation. All you do is get Ness off stage and when he tries to recover, go over to where the PK Thunder ball will be and absorb the impact. Ness immediately falls to his death. I got this to work on all 4 For Glory Ness I encountered and won each match. What are the weaknesses of this technique besides dying if I miss? What can Ness do to stop this? Could he Dair me if I get too close? This is the video that shows what i'm talking about. This unsuspecting FG Ness was the guinea pig of my experiment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEMjbmNPNmU

Brellow

Smash Cadet
If you miss, you get hit by PK2, which is an insta kill at most percents against puff. It can work, but timing is super strict.
The timing is strict I but that comes with the risk. Its high risk, high reward. If you hit the ball, you are guaranteed to kill Ness. Ness is the guy that can D-Throw 3xFair, PK Fire to bat and back throw you at 90%. This Puff player got rekt but could have took a stock if they went under Ness to hit the ball instead of going towards the stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYzNNnFZJ2A

FrankTheStud

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrankDaStud
Do what it takes to win, man! Ness is INCREDIBLY powerful in Sm4sh, and if you can use your superior air control to gimp his recovery, then by all means go for it. I used to do this all the time in previous versions of Smash, as his recovery patterns are incredibly predictable, however it seems that in this game it's a bit more difficult to gimp him, as his control over PK Thunder seems much tighter and less floaty.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
We can die from the PK Missile, but if Ness is far enough from the platform, we can take his stock with us since hitting enemies will take away from his recovery distance. I'd go for it if it can ultimately end with Ness losing a stock. Jigglypuff's moves are all high risk high reward, so let's implement it against Ness.

Besides, we can hit Ness with Fair/Dair if we can't make it to the Thunder. If he's used up his Air Jump, it can make it impossible for him to recover, especially if we can hold up WoP.

TSKHAN

Smash Cadet
Jiggs can often get out of his PK fire and Fair strings pretty easily if you sdi the right way. Sdi was nerfed but that just means you just have to do it faster.

I've been working on an approach that kills ness since my friend picked him up as his main. u-air f-air rest and d-air f-air rest are pretty reliable on him. (u-air being not a true combo at kill% and d-air being incredibly difficult). The amount of skill for rest combos with jiggs is rediculous tbh haha.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Every character in the roster has this option to gimp ness.....

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If Ness is relatively close to the ledge, Mac can Forward-B him (and usually die in the process). If Ness is reasonably far from the ledge, Mac can Down-B PKT2 and KO Ness at, like, 20% (and most certainly die in the process).

TSKHAN

Smash Cadet
If Ness is relatively close to the ledge, Mac can Forward-B him (and usually die in the process). If Ness is reasonably far from the ledge, Mac can Down-B PKT2 and KO Ness at, like, 20% (and most certainly die in the process).
Would the side-B actually block the thunder? or just kill ness outright.

I was messing with this way of stopping ness after i read this post and let me say, my friend is angry at you OP. It's so easy to perform with jigglypuff that it's rediculous.

Another fun one is charging neutral B at the ledge with Ike and letting go right after the PKT2 happens.

Ness's recovery just isn't the best tbh.

Top Bottom