• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Puff Situation in Patch 1.1.6

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Here's the thread to discuss the general situation of Puff in Patch 1.1.6 once it releases. Whether it is possible that some tweaks to our gameplay or other character's gameplay that will affect the MUs.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
Ive heard there is gonna be patch 1.1.6 sometime in may so i hope its true i got this info from acestarthe3rd

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Ive heard there is gonna be patch 1.1.6 sometime in may so i hope its true i got this info from acestarthe3rd
Yeah it's on the front page Smashboards. It comes from the official Japanese site so it's coming for sure.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure some of you already know this, but I'll recap:

So the update is on the servers currently, but hasn't been sent out to Wii U consoles and such just yet, so while there could be the possibility that the patch actually isn't completely ready and/or the full update is not together yet on the servers and it's just part of the patch, it's best to give up on hoping for anything in case anyone actually was. According to Random Talking Bush and a couple others who have been checking the data, the only changes are Bayonetta nerfs as far as characters are concerned (there are apparently unknown changes to Stadium and Palutena's Temple so far as well).

In short: https://twitter.com/thatsmash4moddr/status/733133534500622336

We'll find out for sure when it officially drops, obviously, but for now, nothing to see here.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'd say 50-60% maybe? but every last one of puff's attacks beat her smashes so you shouldn't be getting hit by them in the first place.
Not that early. Keep in mind they've been nerfed. 70% at earliest with Rage, methinks.
Does the Bayo change make it easier to rest out of her Up B? If that's the case, then that's a cause for celebration!
It sounds possible for with proper SDI. I haven't tried it.

dhblademaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
dhblademaster
3DS FC
3737-9562-1267
Wait, can Rest get Witch Timed? That's beyond horrifying.
I would imagine that Puff would keep her intangibility frames, so you probably wouldn't get hit during the Witch Time itself. Of course, you still just kinda sit there and wait to get hit by a smash attack. Still, that really does not sound like a fun time.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
At least the chances of such happening are pretty low since it's generally safer to move in with nair whenever WT could be a factor.

Edit: But I have been one of the unfortunate few to rest Little Mac's KO punch... :( My nephew knows my rest timing like no other, but it's still rare.

Last edited:
Top Bottom