• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PT's Squirtle is a Fox/Falco Clone?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
No their nothing alike. Squirtle's up B seems to work on a hitbox outside of his body. Plus I doubt Squirtle will have the lag of Fox's. also Squirt's forward B looks more like Pikachu's skull bash.

But i do agree that the pokes seem to be taking moves from other characters.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Look what I figured out! Ivysaur is a Zero Suit Samus clone!

Squirtle is a Bowser clone.

Charizard is a Mario clone.

And Pokemon Trainer is a Michael Vick clone.

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
we dont no all of the pokemons moves yet just two from each and i dont think charzard is mario
he can pick someone up and fly up to the sky and air bomb em for his up jump probly so hes probly a kirby/mario or cp. falcon

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, cause y'know, up moves that send you up and side moves that send you to the side are so unique to Fox/Falco, that Squirtle just has to be a clone!
Win.

freeman123 has made this the best thread ever.

But on topic, if you haven't guessed, I don't think that Squirtle is a Fox Clone. But I appreciate the imagination.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
we dont no all of the pokemons moves yet just two from each and i dont think charzard is mario
he can pick someone up and fly up to the sky and air bomb em for his up jump probly so hes probly a kirby/mario or cp. falcon
He was joking man. Didn't you get it after the Ivysaur and Zero Suit Samus? How about Mike Vick?

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
well... think about it zero suit samus and ivisur i kinda agree about that one since ivisur is wearing that tight green suit and so is samus.
lol

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
well... think about it zero suit samus and ivisur i kinda agree about that one since ivisur is wearing that tight green suit and so is samus.
lol
lol wut

Really, though, everyone's gonna have some attacks that seem similar on paper; after all, not every character is a Pokemon that has 50-something attacks to work off of. Quite frankly, I'm pleased with Squirtle's attacks.

P.S. If they give him Water Gun, it better not look as pathetic as it did in Diamond and Pearl.

Micahc

Smash Ace
P.S. If they give him Water Gun, it better not look as pathetic as it did in Diamond and Pearl.
No, water gun will still look pathetic, but it will be a near godlike approach when used awkwardly. It will be called the SHWG (Short Hop Water Gun) and will provide enough stun and be fast enough for Squirtle to get in fast and combo the hell out of any one.

Is this a joke thread?

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'm kinda hoping Squirtle has Bubble.

It'd shoot out a few bubbles that rise in an arc away from him/her for a bit before popping. They'd also pop on contact, dealing some stun and minor damage, but with very low to no knockback.

But, it's low enough lag to work great as an anti-air attack. Someone's jumping in? Good thing you got your bubbles out; let them take care of it and start a combo during the approacher's hitstun.

Of course, if it's too laggy it'd be completely useless...

Edit: Talking about Squirtle's neutral B, in case it wasn't obvious.

Caael

Smash Lord
He's not a clone.

Squirtle's shell looks to be more like Yoshi's egg. And the water fall thing looks like he'll come crashing down straight after the water goes, instead of making ground like Fox.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
The only thing withdraw and the illusion have in common, is that they go to the side. And waterfall and fire fox are only similar in that they go up.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i agree these pointless topics are fun to laugh about, but seriously squirtle and fox aren't clones. believe me. they wouldnt make a turtle like a fox and a bird. its ridiculous.

Top Bottom