• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pseudo platform cancel using dair?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
So I'm playing Lucario for the first time and as I'm testing stuff I notice his dair has extremely little landing lag. And since it completely cancels air momentum, it seems quite usable as a tool to get on platforms pretty quickly. Has anyone tried that yet and what do you think? Might record a video of it. Though if someone could do it in my place it'd be cool.

Sorry if this has already been found.

Zachary Cervone

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirVown
3DS FC
4957-3162-9402
I actually just tested it on Battlefield and though the timing has to be perfect you can use the d-air to stunt your upward jump momentum to in fact land on the platforms much quicker. On the perfect frame you will hear one d-air go off and then be able to input any other move while on the platform compared to short hop fast falling. Good find :) Some techniques I found off of it include when the enemy is around 40% you can foward-b or forward throw them to a platform above jump use the d-air at the right time and get the hit stun from the first d-air into a forward smash combo >:D

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This does work, but the spacing is very strict. If you are even a little bit off, you'll get landing lag. It'll probably be more useful when the Wii U version comes out, it's very annoying to do consistently on the 3DS.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
The landing lag in dair isn't much at all though. Also, the first hit is really useful too since you can "jab" the opponent with it while platform canceling and proceeding to followup with whatever move you please. Super flashy and useful.

Dair should get a thread decicated for it's techs or something whee

Zachary Cervone

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirVown
3DS FC
4957-3162-9402
I already experimented with it in every way the best follow ups after D-Air platform cancel are Side B since you can manipulate the direction if you get behind them (cuz that can happen) and if you do lag a bit their shield won't stop you or Up Tilt since it also has hit boxes on both sides and sets up combos, like Side B, and is super safe. Any other option can leave you a lot more vulnerable however if you are perfect on the timing and positioning Forward Tilts and Grabs can be done as well

Top Bottom