• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA: just bought a gamecube w/ controller for 5 bucks off shopgoodwill.com

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I love going to thrift shops. The prospect of finding that rare gem(a mint game cube controller for example.) So imagine my surprise when i learned goodwill has an online data base auction setup deal.

Anyways made a username, looked through their video game stuff and decided to test the waters by bidding on a game cube with an included controller for 5 bucks. Low and behold i was the only bidder. I won it and i got an email that its being shipped after i paid.

Im also waiting on another auction result on a game cube with 2 controllers for 13 bucks.

Now i know there's a good chance that these controllers will have problems. but still, If you're savvy, you can use them for parts or combine their innards to make one great controller out of two crappy ones. In my experience the really crappy controllers have a shotty thumb stick but a perfectly good c stick. With a bit of soldering you can replace the shotty thumb stick joystick apparatus with a spare one from a working C stick(because the parts are exactly the same.)

well, just thought id help out anyone who didn't feel like shelling out a bunch of cash for a white overseas import GCC. (Even though i have one myself.)

Top Bottom