• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[PSA] Attack100 still being read after creating Attack11/12/13

MechaWave

Smash Champion
So I've found out how to swap moves and stuff like that. I wanted to give Meta Knight a 3-part jab that will go into his Attack100. So I swapped his three Ftilts to three brand new animations named Attack11, Attack12 and Attack 13 and copied everything from his Ftilts in PSA to his new Attack1X. I'm doing this because I want his ftilt to be his jab and I want him to have a new ftilt.

However I'm having a problem. Meta Knight did not have a "part-jab", so to speak. He only had an Attack100, and I couldn't find in any PSA resource threads to help me.

What I want is how do I make it so the game will read his Attack11. I've already coded them to followup into one another (using bits and all that), however in-game Meta Knight does not begin with Attack11, instead he still uses Attack100.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Did you remove the Attack100 animation and renamed the subaction to NONE? If you did, be sure that all the offsets (GFX, Main, SFX, and Other) are set to 0x0.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Messing with number of jabs - especially Meta Knight - is pretty advanced and not to be trifled with. There's almost certainly some value in the character file that PSA doesn't know what to do with that controls the jab flow, and I've heard rumours that there are even some values outside of the character files that help determine it.

Long story short playing with jab count probably isn't for beginners. Hate to disappoint you but combined with Meta Knight's uniqueness in this regard I don't think you'll get much help, only guesses.

I'll give you my guess though. Try putting a Goto (00090100) in Attack100 that points right at Attack11.

Top Bottom