• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Proving Grounds Semi-monthlies - Chattanooga, TN - 2/27/2010

internalburn

Smash Rookie
**Announcement for anyone planning on attending the Chattanooga tournament 2/27/2010**

Guys...I'm very sorry for the late change of plans, but there was a mistake made by the previous venue and our room got double-booked. On the bright side...we got a larger room at the new venue and there is a killer bar and some awesome restaurants right next door. Here's all the info on the new venue...

And also...this venue does NOT allow any outside food or drink so I am sorry for that.

Venue:
Chattanooga Choo Choo
1400 Market St.
Chattanooga, TN 37402
1-800-TRACK-29 (872-2529)

Room: Town Hall Theater

Directions: http://www.choochoo.com/directions.php?dest=14

Feel free to call/text/pm/email me if you have any questions or concerns.

Well we had so much fun in December that I've decided we should do it again! The Chatt-Town Beatdown went very well and it's time that Chattanooga had a venue to level up. And so begins the Proving Grounds semi-monthly series of tournaments. These tournaments will take place about once every 2 months and our goal is to not only level up our current list of regional players but to bring some fresh blood into the fold as well.

So...spread the word and get hype!

Please preregister in this thread in the following format:

Name:
Handle:
Hometown:
Game(s):
Equipment:

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread or PM me for any additional info/comments/concerns.

Venue:
Chattanooga Choo Choo
1400 Market St.
Chattanooga, TN 37402

Venue Fee:
$10

Spectators will pay $5 to get into the event (this includes girlfriends, wives, moms, dads...etc...NO EXCEPTIONS).

Door fee will be waived if you bring the following...
1. System
2. TV

Both of these items MUST be used in tournament play in order for you to receive free entrance to this event. If you bring just one of the items listed above you will pay a reduced amount to get into the venue ($5). If you are planning on getting your door fee waived please arrive at the tournament early so that your equipment can be set up for tournament play. There will be a limited number of these free spots available.

Time:
The registration will start at 11:00 sharp and end at 1:00 exactly. The tournament starts at 1:30 exactly, so please be on time. No late registration after 1:30 unless you've called me first. My cell phone number is 423-774-6021. Unless you call me the brackets will be made and no more buy-ins will be accepted.

Rules: ALL GAMES
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER
Double Elimination
Tournament Round Settings (2 for 2D, 3 for 3D)
3/5 matches winners final
3/5 matches losers final
4/7 matches grand finals
Winner keeps same character/team

Games:

Tekken 6 - Ps3 ($10)

Street Fighter IV - Ps3 ($10)

BlazBlue - Ps3 ($10)

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - Ps2 ($5)

Street Fighter HDR - Ps3 ($5)

Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus - Ps2 ($5)
*Kliff and Justice are banned

Smash Brothers: Brawl - Wii ($10)
*see official Smash World tournament rules for more info
**GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS ONLY -- NO Wiimotes!

Smash Brothers: Melee - Wii/Gamecube ($10)
*see official Smash World tournament rules for more info
**GAMECUBE CONTROLLERS ONLY -- NO Wiimotes!

internalburn

Smash Rookie
Tekken 6 - $10
1. SilentScream
2. Vandy
3. PhatMike
4. QCF Punch
5. Tanner
6. Pokchop
7. Mortiss24

Street Fighter IV - $10
1. Kazujiro
2. SilentScream
3. Vandy
4. Solgrim
5. cap'n jazz
6. Boom Cube
7. Charlie2EZ
8. QCF Punch
9. Tanner
10. Sdouble
11. Agentz
12. Pokchop
13. 300 lb. Eugene
14. Mashout

BlazBlue - $10
1. Boom Cube

Super Smash Bros: Brawl - $10
1. Haloman800
2. Broletariat

Super Smash Bros: Melee - $10

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - $5
1. Agentz
2. cap'n jazz
3. Sdouble
4. Pokchop
5. 300 lb. Eugene

Super Street Fighter 2: HD Remix - $5
1. Agentz
2. SilentScream
3. Sammo
4. Solgrim
5. Mashout

Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus - $5

Virtua Fighter 5 - $5
1. Sammo

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 - $5
1. Sammo
2. cap'n jazz
3. Pokchop
4. Mashout

Soul Calibur 4 - $5
1. Vandy

internalburn

Smash Rookie
**Announcement for anyone planning on attending the Chattanooga tournament 2/27/2010**

Guys...I'm very sorry for the late change of plans, but there was a mistake made by the previous venue and our room got double-booked. On the bright side...we got a larger room at the new venue and there is a killer bar and some awesome restaurants right next door. Here's all the info on the new venue...

And also...this venue does NOT allow any outside food or drink so I am sorry for that.

Venue:
Chattanooga Choo Choo
1400 Market St.
Chattanooga, TN 37402

Feel free to call/text/pm/email me if you have any questions or concerns.

Aurafox

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraPuffs
3DS FC
2466-1511-0624
So awesome to see Chattanooga having a growing scene. Hope to make it, will be a nice way to try and warm back up, haha

also nice to have a Chat tourney that I won't be the host at, sweeet it's been too long

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
sigh... it seems as though i could not get off work for this. so i will not be able to make it. BUT I will be trying to get others to make it out to this.

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
Abraham
Haloman800
Cleveland TN
Brawl singles
My controller, lol.

This will be awcellent =3.

shapular

Smash Ace
What's this? Chattanooga has Smash players? :o But of course you couldn't have any tournaments before I went off to Nashville for college =( I'm not going to be at this one, but I hope to make some in the future.

internalburn

Smash Rookie
So awesome to see Chattanooga having a growing scene. Hope to make it, will be a nice way to try and warm back up, haha

also nice to have a Chat tourney that I won't be the host at, sweeet it's been too long
We'd be glad to have you man!

http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=134773

Posted your tournament for the allisbrawl TN group to see. Hopefully will get you some more participants. Let me know if there are any changes.
Dude thank you so much for helping to spread the word!

sigh... it seems as though i could not get off work for this. so i will not be able to make it. BUT I will be trying to get others to make it out to this.
Thanks KO! Sucks you can't make it out though man...hopefully next time.

Abraham
Haloman800
Cleveland TN
Brawl singles
My controller, lol.

This will be awcellent =3.
Got you down bro...thanks!

What's this? Chattanooga has Smash players? :o But of course you couldn't have any tournaments before I went off to Nashville for college =( I'm not going to be at this one, but I hope to make some in the future.
Chattanooga has a few...most of our Smash'ers come in from Knoxville or Nashville, but we're trying to keep the scene growing.

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
Dang, man. I have a fencing tournament on Saturday, and I won't be able to make it. If you think you will need more systems/tvs text me and we can work out a time for me to give em to you.

Sidenote: If I'm still sick on Saturday, I'll come out anyway. D=

Hope this tournament rocks.

apayne16

Smash Rookie
Me and a buddy from the Knoxville area will be down for sure to run ya'll's **** w/ our mad DeDeDe and Snake.

You've been warned.

apayne16

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty positive Haloman's got this.
lol, I watched some of that brah's vids and his MetaKnight is nothing special, and I know my D3 is better.

In fact, I'd go ahead and set aside the winning pot for my D3 right now if I were you TC. I'm taking it all home.

internalburn

Smash Rookie
I love the smack talking! Stay hype dudes! In less than 24 hours Chatt-Town will be a warzone!

Mewt73

Smash Rookie
Name: Corey
Handle: Mewt
Hometown: Ooltewah, TN
Game(s):Brawl
Equipment: GC controller

Lol this is so new to me. O.o

I hope I can make it.. sorry if this is a dumb question but I couldn't find it.. uh.. what time does it start?

Aurafox

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraPuffs
3DS FC
2466-1511-0624
I can't wait for melee lol

but god I suck so much at Brawl, what is this game this isn't how I remembered it years ago, Broletarian / KOKingpin what happened to you guys coming and teaching me how to play again lolol I'm gonna get spanked because of you two </sole blame>
</johns>

Also WHERE IS MY TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM??? :confused: Manly tears.

18 hours left until gametime, and i'm warmed up on.. 0 games, AWESOME i'm so hyped

AlurNova

Smash Rookie
Sign me up for brawl. Thx!
Forgot the format, lol sry.

Name: Marcello
Handle: AlurNova
Hometown: Chattanooga, TN (philadelphia, PN to be specific, haha)
Game: SSBB, singles
Equipment: My controller, and at least 2 extras (all GC)

There ya go! lol

haloman800

Smash Apprentice
lol, I watched some of that brah's vids and his MetaKnight is nothing special, and I know my D3 is better.

In fact, I'd go ahead and set aside the winning pot for my D3 right now if I were you TC. I'm taking it all home.
Those two video's are almost a year old, and they were wifi.... friendlies xD.

I won Brawl singles btw for anyone who missed it.

Aurafox

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraPuffs
3DS FC
2466-1511-0624
Those two video's are almost a year old, and they were wifi.... friendlies xD.

I won Brawl singles btw for anyone who missed it.

You won Brawl singles as soon as you walked in the room haha, too good mang, was great getting caught up and informed on what brawl has become

Fun fun tournament everyone, was still rusty at melee but haha i still had my 15 minutes of fun :laugh: Nice stuff though internalburn, awesome to meet you and everyone else there, look forward to the next one of these, maybe when my friend won't bail and not forget my arcade pad haha

+1 nomination for Tatsunoko!

Top Bottom