• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Protectors of the Galaxy! Rosalina & Luma Main Social Thread!

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You're probably confusing the f-air with the u-air there, because the u-air appears to execute pretty fast.

u-air

While it is highly possible that is her Uair, it could also potentially be her Utilt instead as she could be on that top platform of BF. I just wouldn't go rule as Uair yet as it could possibly be Utilt also.

As for if I will main Rosalina. I have no idea who I am maining until the game comes out and I get to play all the characters and find out which one's playstyle fits me/I like the best.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
This looks like the up smash here image.jpg

I think the upwards halo is definitely the uair, because she floats down a lot after using it. Why would she float that much on the ground?

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
She is going to be the very first character I take under my wing. Im so excited about her and never expected her to get such a unique fighting style gimmick. Im super eager to try her out and really want to main her.

I think its really damn cool that her up special is the launch star. Just the image of her "revving up" in a sense and rocketing up ward is really bad ass. If it is her up special of course.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I just found the nunchuk I lost for my Wii! Can't wait to play Mario Galaxy again. :awesome:

Specifically the first one since it's the one about our favorite Princess of All Cosmos after all.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
This looks like the up smash hereView attachment 5293

I think the upwards halo is definitely the uair, because she floats down a lot after using it. Why would she float that much on the ground?

I said Utilt not Usmash. A Tilt is lightly pushing the analog stick in a direction and attacking, a Smash us done by pushing heavily on the analog stick and attacking or with the C-Stick.

It alse goes vice-verse for the gif, it looks more like she is stand when she does that attack. Due to not being able to see more of the bottom it can't be for certain that it is a Uair. Also due to how the gif is done it could also be entirely possible it only appears of her going lower then she actually should.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
XD I know what a utilt is. I'm no smash noob.
I was trying to find a clear example of a utilt, and I found the smash instead. I think I blanked out on what I was looking for and put the smash there instead :chuckle:

You're right though, the gif is zoomed in on the top and could go either way. It makes more sense as a uair to match the dair.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I barely had time to talk about Rosalina!!!!

I absolutely love her right now. I'm still in awe that she is in the game. I mean, my favorite Mario character in one of my favorite franchises... oh lord. I am starstruck right now by this. I never thought she was likely, thought that characters like Jr. or Toad had seniority, but nope! She's in, and I could NOT be any happier!

I don't care how difficult playing as her could be, but I will main her so HARD. She looks like a very interesting character. That coupled with the Lumas, which are probably the cutest things in the world, will make her a deadly foe with amazing combo abilities. So yeah... I'm pumped! She is my main, right now. No other newcomer or returning vet can sway me from her, she is instant main. I can't wait to find out more about her.

So, yep! I can honestly say that this Smash will be amazing. I have Toon Link back, Rosalina.... anything else is just topping! This is going to be awesome!!!! I am so excited to play as her!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
I just had to mention that olimar has Jumping uptilt. It is possible for rosalina to jimp using uptilt.

Vickyboi

Smash Cadet
Doesn't peach jump with her Utilt in melee?
Also, Ivys Utilt.

I think that the attack the Luma did on DK was their dair, as it probably did a uair together with Rosalina, it looked similar.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Pretty sure I won't main her
( Look under my Brawl Friend Code :awesome:)

But I'll definitely try her out.
One thing for sure it's going to be amazing watching combo videos of Rosalina mains.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm seriously considering maining her.
I primarily use her in Mario Kart 7 (and plan to in Mario Kart 8), so I think I'll do the same for Super Smash Bros.

Of course, Kirby will still have a special place in my heart.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I'll definitely main her no matter what. No other character reveal will make me say otherwise. I've loved Rosalina since her debut and have used her in every game she's playable in (Mario Kart Wii, 7 and of course 8 soon enough) and well well, now even Smash.

Even if she's difficult to use, even if she's bottom tier somehow, I'll always use her. Though Peach will always have a special place in my heart as well, I'll still use her as a secondary.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A bit too soon to call "mains", but we all definitely are interested in her gameplay.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Haha, well however you spin it, there are a lot of people who WILL main her just out of love for the character!

Myself included, barring majora's mask/anime reps taking the spot

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
Its hard to say when we don't even know the full roster yet.

But I really like Rosalina so far.
At the very least shes going to be one of my alts.
I think thay are trying to think of new peeps to join the brawl

Reporting in! I'm ready to learn Rosie with you guys when the game is released... May there be many wombo combos in our future.

I at least want her 8th on the tear list

Like some of the others here, if no other character that I'm interested in shows up, Rosalina will definitely be my main. She looks like too interesting of a character to pass up, and Rosalina is my all time favorite Mario character, so that's a definite plus. I hope she's a starter character. And if she isn't, she's gonna be the first one I try to unlock.
I agree

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So.. the people who want to main Rosalina, do you want to main her for the gameplay or do you just love her character?

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
How about both? I vote for that. Again, provided one on my "super hopeful" list doesn't show up.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ultimately both, but if I had to choose one, it's that I've loved her character since the first Galaxy game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So.. the people who want to main Rosalina, do you want to main her for the gameplay or do you just love her character?
I'd say both, especially if Rosalina can prove to be effective, not just with her approach options, but also with her grab game.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
That "forward throw-y" type thing she does when she's comboing the **** out of Pit looks a lot like Mewtwo's Confusion.

-gets nervous-

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
That "forward throw-y" type thing she does when she's comboing the **** out of Pit looks a lot like Mewtwo's Confusion.

-gets nervous-
What are you trying to say :p?
She has no more unknown move slots for a forward attack. It has to be a grab.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
It doesn't really look like she ever grabs him, though. It looks almost exactly like Mewtwo's Confusion from Project M.

But whatever, you guys know more than I do about this. :p

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
She lurches forward a bit. She also throws it pretty quickly, so it can seem questionable. The other evidence still stands though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
She lurches forward a bit. She also throws it pretty quickly, so it can seem questionable. The other evidence still stands though.
Hopefully, Rosalina's dash grabs may be reliable enough to use over her dash attack. I don't think we've had any Mario reps who have a reliable dash grab, unless I'm mistaken.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Mario's grab is pretty bad in all instances to my knowledge. Peach's is a bit better, it actually works most of the time. Bowser is too slow and I don't know about Luigi.

Rosalina's normal grab looks pretty good so far, we'll have to see the other types later.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Doing normal grabs with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser would be okay, but their dash grab range is nothing to really write home about. Rosalina might actually receive a usable dash grab if her grab game truly does live up to our expectations.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I cannot wait to add my queen to my team of mains! I will likely be experimenting a lot with Rosie and Mega Man, when I'm not polishing up with updated Sonic and Toon Link.

Like others have said, I'm playing as her both because they genuinely pulled off a stroke of genius with her moveset, and because she's probably my favourite female character ever, and most certainly my favourite Mario character (even beating out Luigi and Yoshi).

_KArMa_

Smash Rookie
Sorry but Ima main her regardless and even if their are more characters to be unlocked and forget what the tier list says ima revalutionize this chick ......oh and il use diddy as well lol.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I did it with Wario in SSBB and I'll do it again with Rosalina.
Rosalina's one of those characters I've loved from the very beginning and I think I always will.
Unless I really click with someone like Villager, it'll be Rosalina all the way.

And yes it, is because of the fact that she is Rosalina. I'm shallow like that.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Forgive me if this is old news, but I believe I have found Rosalina's bair.

From the direct.

If you look at Luma during that graceful aerial tumble that Rosy does, you can see that he punches behind him right at the start of it.

What's interesting, though, is that Luma also attacks in front of him afterwards. I believe this is a separate attack input after the bair, which shows us that you can "desynch" the two like the ICs in at least one way. Not that this wasn't pretty much implicit in her fighting style anyway, but it's fun to look at and think about.

SykesLoZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
SykesLoZ
3DS FC
4768-8051-9312
My Main has always Been link since the beginning, and ill probably resort to trying him out first out of sheer love and excitement. But I already know That Rosalina and Luma are going to be the second character try once the game comes out she will probably lie among my mains, and may even be my second main.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I'm almost certain she'll become one of my mains. She's been my main in Mario Kart ever since MKWii

Top Bottom