• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Protectors of the Galaxy! Rosalina & Luma Main Social Thread!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a place where Rosalina & Luma mains can talk!

So... Who wants to main our favorite space princess and her adorable sidekick?

Morbi

Scavenger
Here's a place where Rosalina & Luma mains can talk!

So... Who wants to main our favorite space princess and her adorable sidekick?
She is definitely going to be my main; I cannot wait to try out this marionette play-style. I was one of the few people that actually thought that she had a chance and she happens to be one of my favorite Mario characters. So my body is ready. If she is a starter, she is going to be the first character that I try. Hopefully her move-set is intricate enough to keep me interested during the duration of Smash 4's life cycle. In any event, I plan to get really good with her.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Once the game is out I'm certainly going to try her ASAP.

From what I've seen so far, she looks like a great character. She is most likely going to be one of my mains.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
Its hard to say when we don't even know the full roster yet.

But I really like Rosalina so far.
At the very least shes going to be one of my alts.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
So..in terms of who I'll main...first, Mega Man, then Sonic, (if he gets considerably buffed) and now Rosalina and Luma?

Yep. No way I'm not buying this game now. I SHALL BE UNSTOPPABLE--*shot*

But seriously, Wasn't expecting Rosalina. SAKURAI, YOU MAD GENIUS. WHAT WILL YOU DO NEXT?!?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Like I have said before, I am really excited to see Rosalina in the game; she is mine favourite Mario character, next to Luigi. I really wanted to see her in the game, but was not counting on it to happen.

Though I cannot say for sure she will be mine main character, I definitely will be trying out Rosalina when I get the game. I really like what they did with the character so far; she moves just how I imagined she would, though I never would have thought of incorporating Lumas the way Sakurai did.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
I really wanted Rosalina to be in this game and now that she is finally in the game, I will definitely be maining her along with Luigi. She looks really fun to play with and some of the things that she can do is and will be Awesome. I can't wait to try her out.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Depends on the final roster, but if no other character I'm particularly interested in shows up. She will definitely be my main as well as the first character I will try out once I get the new games (assuming she's a starter).

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Like some of the others here, if no other character that I'm interested in shows up, Rosalina will definitely be my main. She looks like too interesting of a character to pass up, and Rosalina is my all time favorite Mario character, so that's a definite plus. I hope she's a starter character. And if she isn't, she's gonna be the first one I try to unlock.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd actually like it if Rosalina was one of the last unlockables that you'd have to get; this would make getting her much more rewarding. Her unlock method should be the most complex, requiring you to clear Classic Mode with every primary Mario character (except Rosalina of course), along with all the secondary Mario characters, such as Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario.

However, you will have to unlock some of the characters that you need to use to accomplish the objective first. The challenger match would have Rosalina set at a very high skill level, making her one of the hardest characters to defeat and unlock.

hydrokyogre

Smash Apprentice
Reporting in! I'm ready to learn Rosie with you guys when the game is released... May there be many wombo combos in our future.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
Her unlock method should be the most complex, requiring you to clear Classic Mode with every primary Mario character (except Rosalina of course)
ohh god no. That sounds soo tedious.

The day the game releases I want to be able to play her, so I can start finding new strats as soon as possible.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'll probably end up trying Villager first, but Rosalina is definitely high up on my list right now.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
While Dixie is my most wanted, Rosalina will probably end up being my main. She is my favorite Mario character, and I love her playstyle so far. Hell, even if Dixie gets in, I think I will still main Rosalina, with Dixie being my second.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Reporting in! I'm ready to learn Rosie with you guys when the game is released... May there be many wombo combos in our future.

If what we know so far is right, we might see another overpowered fighter. But unlike with Brawl Meta Knight and his close range assaults, Rosalina could prove to be very hard to even approach with the Luma being by her side.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'd actually like it if Rosalina was one of the last unlockables that you'd have to get; this would make getting her much more rewarding. Her unlock method should be the most complex, requiring you to clear Classic Mode with every primary Mario character (except Rosalina of course), along with all the secondary Mario characters, such as Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario.

However, you will have to unlock some of the characters that you need to use to accomplish the objective first. The challenger match would have Rosalina set at a very high skill level, making her one of the hardest characters to defeat and unlock.
Ummm, why exactly?

But you know, having every unlockable character range from lv. 7-9 in their fight would be better. It'd still be easy for us Smash pros, but much more rewarding than practically beating a sandbag.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Rosalina is likely to be my main at this point in time, next to Bowser. If not, she'll be someone I resort to as something like a secondary.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I might main Rosalina as a secondary, she (along with Mega Man) is a good spacing character, and also a great combo her. Imagine trapping someone between a Luma and Rosalina. Pummeling city :love:.

Also, she's kind of cute. Talking about liking mothers, has anybody ever thought that Jenny from the song 867-5309 is also Stacy's Mom and Jessie's Girl? It makes too much sense!

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up for the Rosalina club! Barring certain unforeseen newcomers, I'm definitely going to main her.
Her play style is just so different than anything else in smash, and she reminds me of an mmo I used to play, so...yep!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ummm, why exactly?

But you know, having every unlockable character range from lv. 7-9 in their fight would be better. It'd still be easy for us Smash pros, but much more rewarding than practically beating a sandbag.
Think of it like this. The tougher it is to unlock the character, the more difficult it'll be to defeat him/her.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i might second or third main her.
i might keep kirby as a pocket character since he looks unchanged from brawl and i am awesome with brawl kirby.

but i definitly will give her a try

(ps my main is villager)

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I'm maining her for sure. She was my most wanted character in the game and now that she's in, I couldn't be more happy.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
If what we know so far is right, we might see another overpowered fighter. But unlike with Brawl Meta Knight and his close range assaults, Rosalina could prove to be very hard to even approach with the Luma being by her side.
Yeah her aerial game is gonna suck tho uair is way to long to juggle effectively . Rosa is most likely gonna be a ground character( luma control ftw) so we will have have stage control and make good reads, she will be very technical.

And is rosalina really a protector? She is god of the mario universe. Smg ending had her make the Big Bang after she killed peach and the lumas. Of course they all came back.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
She will definitely be in my circle of mains.I'm really interested to see how Luma is going to be controlled.As soon as I unlock her I'm going straight to training mode and learn all of her moves.

Lostimos

Smash Rookie
She is going to either be #1 or #2 on my main list depending on how peach is. Her play style definitely intrigues me and should be fun to learn/play.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm certainly going to give her a shot. I've always had a hard time with pet-based characters though, so I'm certain it won't be easy for me to pick her up.

However, if Little Mac/K. Rool are in, she's going to get seconded no matter what, but I'll still try it. Her moveset even WITHOUT the Luma seems like something up my alley. It's just playing her at a top level that seems like it'd take some real effort, that I might not even be able to pull off.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Mega Man has already taken the spot of my beloved main (unless Lip shows up somehow), but I can definitely see Rosalina being a sub. I've always been fond of her and her playstyle is the most fascinating thing I have ever seen in a Smash game. Can't wait to try her out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah her aerial game is gonna suck tho uair is way to long to juggle effectively . Rosa is most likely gonna be a ground character( luma control ftw) so we will have have stage control and make good reads, she will be very technical.
You're probably confusing the f-air with the u-air there, because the u-air appears to execute pretty fast.

u-air

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
This character, man... I said before I'd probably main the random select because of how much characters I like, but I've found a main in Rosalina. This is the kind of gimmick I've been hoping for ever since I heard the announcement for Melee. Ice Climbers were close, but this is EXACTLY what I wanted.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Well, it IS early to decide whether Rosalina will be my main or not, but she is a very possible candidate for the spot.
I am often drawn towards Mario characters and floaty characters. Rosalina is obvious the first, and is looking to be the second.
Not to mention she will be a beast at competitions, which I plan to start joining once Smash 4 releases.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
You're probably confusing the f-air with the u-air there, because the u-air appears to execute pretty fast.

u-air
Oh thanks her uair is preety good. Her fair is goona only be usefully with combos I suppose.

Well, it IS early to decide whether Rosalina will be my main or not, but she is a very possible candidate for the spot.
I am often drawn towards Mario characters and floaty characters. Rosalina is obvious the first, and is looking to be the second.
Not to mention she will be a beast at competitions, which I plan to start joining once Smash 4 releases.
I see you maimed peach in brawl and she is very technical and hard to play. Plz main rosa or secondary you could be the captain of the rosalina forums...

MechaWave

Smash Champion

This would've never happened in Brawl. Pit would've escaped with a buffered air dodge before Rosalina's forward air. I suppose there's an increase in hitstun in this build.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I accept the title of forum captain.
Thank you very much for this honor. :)
And I'm apparently the assistant captain, keeping things in line.

This would've never happened in Brawl. Pit would've escaped with a buffered air dodge before Rosalina's forward air. I suppose there's an increase in hitstun in this build.
Either that, or you can't perform air dodges until after the damage animations are over, much like in Melee.

Top Bottom