• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PROTECT YOUR PASSWORDS! - fake Mew2King on the loose!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Hey Smashers... just wanted to let you know that someone has gotten ahold of Mew2King's AIM account and is randomly swearing at people over the internet. Jason, you should probably change your password and make sure your AIM isn't set to remember it.

Also, the more famous you Smash Pros get, the more likely people will be trying to get access to your stuff. Please make sure that when you're setting passwords for Smashboards, MLG, AIM, email and other internet things, you choose a password that includes both letters and numbers and isn't something easily guessed, like your birthday. instead pick something that is more personal and harder to guess, like the number of posters on your wall and your cousin's last name or something silly like that. Also, make sure you use a DIFFERENT password for DC++ and AIM.

honestly, it's not THAT hard to brute-force hack passwords. So if you don't make it harder to pick out, people will get it and they will abuse it. Don't be a sucker. Protect your passwords. Thanks

~M3D

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
OOVideoGameGodOO: kets talj
OOVideoGameGodOO: lets talk
OOVideoGameGodOO: ......
OOVideoGameGodOO: dont kick me off
OOVideoGameGodOO: i wont kick you off
OOVideoGameGodOO: um
OOVideoGameGodOO: who the **** are you
OOVideoGameGodOO: and stop sending my friends gay ****
OOVideoGameGodOO: your pal
OOVideoGameGodOO: has a X in it
OOVideoGameGodOO: a shiny one
OOVideoGameGodOO: stop
OOVideoGameGodOO: ****ing
OOVideoGameGodOO: sending my friends gay ****
OOVideoGameGodOO: i already stopped
OOVideoGameGodOO: i sent stuff to everyone on your budyd list
OOVideoGameGodOO: haha

he actually IMd me today, and like 10000 people got IMd by him and IMd me telling me basically "wtf"

btw M3D, I changed my password already but when I did that he found it anyway, and yes it is some random *** **** that you can't just randomly guess, you'd need somepassword-finder- program or something like that to get it at the speed he got it.

djkarthik

BRoomer
BRoomer
3DS FC
0962-9800-7488
That's just got to suck. Some people are such idiots and have no life.

Maybe you should change the password to your email address too. Maybe he's requesting for a lost password, and looking in your email inbox or something? Just a thought. I hope you get your privacy back, M2K.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
****, that sucks. And the problem still doesn't seem to be solved. I had a small problem like that before where someone kept logging into my sn "I think it was one of my friends though" and I tried changing my password but my old password was still working for some reason. A.I.M pisses me off sometimes.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
OOVideoGameGodOO: kets talj
OOVideoGameGodOO: lets talk
OOVideoGameGodOO: dont kick me off
OOVideoGameGodOO: i wont kick you off
OOVideoGameGodOO: your pal
OOVideoGameGodOO: has a X in it
OOVideoGameGodOO: a shiny one
OOVideoGameGodOO: i already stopped
OOVideoGameGodOO: i sent stuff to everyone on your budyd list
OOVideoGameGodOO: haha

he actually IMd me today, and like 10000 people got IMd by him and IMd me telling me basically "wtf"

btw M3D, I changed my password already but when I did that he found it anyway, and yes it is some random *** **** that you can't just randomly guess, you'd need somepassword-finder- program or something like that to get it at the speed he got it.
If he's already logged onto your account on another computer, I don't know if changing your password would unlog him out...anyone know?

Kais

Smash Ace
AIM sends you notifications, yes? It sends an IM to your regular ISP saying "Your AIM account is logged on in two locations. To log off the second location, reply to this message with the number 1." You do so and it logs off the other person instantly. M2K can use that to his advantage assuming he signs on while that n00b is online.

Just thought you all ought to know; it's happened to me before...

~ Kais

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I got an IM from him lol
I was able to tell m2k got hacked though. He's never been hostile or mean to me in any way before.

It's too bad stuff like this happens...

JFox

Smash Hero
How could something be obvious, yet random and impossible to get? This concept of "Wuv" confuses and infuriates JFox!!!

Ryu777

Smash Ace
That sux but I dont feel too bad because the REAL m2k was a jerk to me in a tournament and he totally blew me off when I asked him if he wanted to play. But yeah, most hackers have no lives.

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
how do we know that was even mewtwoking posting ?

*referring to the post in this thread

unknownforce

Smash Lord
How could something be obvious, yet random and impossible to get? This concept of "Wuv" confuses and infuriates JFox!!!
Jfox is officially my hero. That was an awesome episode, wasn't it? We can't forget "my two favorite things are commitment and changing myself."

flaco

The Terminator
Lol well these has happened to me to some guy took my forum password and tried posting offensive material in smash boards the funny part is that I caught him by using another computer lol.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
If you've changed your password and he still got your account, you are possibly keylogged, and thats really bad, considering it sends whatever you typed in an e-mail to the person who keylogged you. This may be passwords to ANYTHING you log into. Now what you need to do is scan your computer using some form of antivirus program, if anything comes up quarantine and delete everything there immediately, this is the only way I know of that stops keylogs. Also, the chances that the person will keylog you again is high if he's doing this in the first place, so make sure to scan your computer often.

Good luck, hopefully you can get this fixed.

throwaway

Smash Rookie
Be cautious about identity on the internet

In the recent drama with the 0C3 tournament someone posted, and others reposted, AIM conversations with OOVideoGameGodOO: who was allegedly Mew2King. These conversations implicated other parties with fraud.

Maybe it's becuase I'm fairly new here, but at first I had to search on google for OOVideoGameGodOO to find out who he actually was. The SECOND entry is this Smashboards thread about how M2K's AOL Instant Messenger password was stolen.
http://www.google.com/search?q=OOVideoGameGodOO

The two lessons to be learned from all of this are 1) Always maintain your self control and temper when comunicating 2) Identity on the internet is hard to verify. Everyone, including myself should learn to use GPG for DIGITAL SIGNATURES.
http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/faqs.html
http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/howtos.html
http://webber.dewinter.com/gnupg_howto/english/GPGMiniHowto.html

I support M2K, but I hope everyone is more cautious in the future. I also do not heavily implicate the original poster of the AIM conversation, because he had no means of correctly verifying M2K's identity. The origin of this thread may be old, but it's general purpose will always be relevant.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
I can't really think of a smasher i dislike. Many people think manacloud's an ***, and I would partially agree, but if you get past the part where he seems impolite and arrogant, he's actually all right to talk to.

Top Bottom