• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pros and Cons of Smash Bros Wii U/3DS overall

Mr.Roman

Smash Rookie
So after you guys have played both the new games. What do you guys think of the two games Smash Bros 3DS and Smash Bros Wii U from 1 to 10 and its pros and cons

Heres my Rating

Smash Bros 3DS
Rate 9
Pros
- You can play Smash Bros on portable 3DS and take it with you anywhere YAY!!!:starman:
- Smash Run great Idea ( wish they had more maps thou)
- Master Core Battle makes classic mode interesting.
- Great challenges.
- Character Roster is big and balanced.
- Custom moves and stats is another great idea.
- Classic Mode and All Star best modes and been improve greatly
- Online Battling is great
- Multi Man Battle Home Run still hold best.

Cons
- Angry Bird Target Blast blah I hate it
- Still no board the platforms bring it back
- Ice Climbers gone
- Some stages are very hazardous when playin classic mode or all star or Vs mode.
- Event mode on 3DS would so been perfect along with new smash run maps

Smash Bros Wii U
Rate 8.5
Pros
- Loads of Intense Challenges
- Beautiful Stages and Roster on WII U graphics look super crispy
- Master Cores new form Master Fortress and its previous forms on WII u are epic
- Classic Mode All Star mode Master Orders Crazy Orders all still remain good.
- Online competitive battling is good
- Event Matches are challenging and beautiful as well
- 8 Player Smash is decent
- Nice Videos

Cons
- Smash Tour is lame.
- Some stages for 8 player smash on Classic mode is wayyy too cramp sometimes ( Yoshis Island cough cough....)
- What no adventure mode maybe a melee kind of adventure well expect Master Fortress still thou....
- Stage Builder too difficult to use sometimes I get help with this better.
- Angry Bird Target Blast

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Cons are not things that are "missing" from the game such as Board the Platforms and the Ice Climbers. You should be evaluating the game itself and the cons of what are actually in the damn game. It's like saying the game is bad because it DOESN'T have wavedashing or 8 player smash online. It's justifiable to say "I wish this was here but it's not" but it's another to say "Because this isn't a thing it makes the game worse".

Mr.Roman

Smash Rookie
Man I forgot to mention they remove the tripping from brawl at least now I can use my characters and enjoy more battle without having to worry about that.

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
My main cons are the Adventure Mode and the small 8 player stages.

To be honest, the pros override the cons. Ness is finally good, so that's enough for me.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am confused, why is the Wii U version, in your opinion, rated lower than the 3DS version despite both games containing the same content? Smash Run and "portable Smash" are the only missing concepts from the Wii U version, correct? Or am I mistaken?

The Wii U, to compensate, added Smash Tour, 8 player Smash, Master/Crazy challenges, Event Matches, Stage Builder (and a more extensive stage list), more options (including coin match if I recall correctly), more music (and a music slider), additional challenges, better online features, co-op modes, and of course, the graphical upgrade. Not to mention the game gives you a plethora of controller choices enabling you to use the coveted c-stick if you so desire.

I am a fan of both games, but honestly, the pros of the Wii U are the cons of the 3DS (and vice-versa).

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
For me, for the Wii U version at least, there's way too many pros to list, so I'll just list my cons.

-Smash Tour isn't that great, especially compared to 3DS's Smash Run.
-Default Smash settings is always 2 minutes, with no way to change it. (why is this still a thing after 4 games?)
-Classic mode is mediocre. I kinda wish they just copied 3DS's Classic, and didn't try to shoehorn in 8-Player Smash.
-For Glory doesn't have Battlefield.

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
My only real complaints are Team's in For Glory isn't stock and there is no Battlefield or similar stages in For Glory. I guess B moves canceling (Falco's laser for me) would be a neat thing to comeback. The ability to turn off stage hazards on stages that are great but a little silly because of something dumb are quite annoying.

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
That I have two gamecube adapters, 8 controllers, but still only ever play single player.

Top Bottom