• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Promoting Brawl!

Rager

Smash Rookie
I know as you should that Nintendo does not do justice when it comes to this category, I mean come on. This is arguably the biggest game to come out for Wii yet. All I am saying is first off I want to see some Tv adds. Secondly, they should have posted the original Super Smash Bros. on the VC today. I mean they put Super Metroid up before Prime 3 came out. I don't know about you guys but I love those classic games, and I think if a new installment is coming out Nintendo should at least give people that have never played smash a chance to see what it is like. Nintendo please start to promote your games better.

Sorry this was more of a rant than anything, but fell free to post any feedback.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Some guy looking like FPS_Doug wins a match with the Wii would like to play guys using Samus' Final smash.

That's the Commercial. I'm surprised it isn't on youtube yet.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
I have yet to see the Brawl Commercial...........
I've caught the tail end of it twice, but it's just not attention grabbing enough to turn and look at it while at a computer. I don't think they even say "Brawl" until the last 2 seconds of it.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I agree. Smash 64 should be out sometime this week without a doubt. And honestly, there should be at least one GOOD commercial out for this game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I have yet to see the Brawl Commercial...........
I saw the "Wii would like to play" one.

It was nothing special. Actually, it wasnt very good.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
You actually do bring up a good point, not a whole lot of advertising has been going on on the tube nowadays, and not seeing the original game on the VC is kinda disappointing. But you should also keep in mind that with the internet being one of our main sources of news and info, word of mouth has already spread out any advertisements of Brawl and other such games.

Just look at this website and how many people visit on a daily basis to talk about Brawl, it would be nice to see a commercial for brawl, but so far nintendo has done a pretty good job at informing the public about Brawl.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I saw the "Wii would like to play" one.

It was nothing special. Actually, it wasnt very good.
Atleast they're in an Electronic departement, not in the 'middle of nowhere' like the other ones knocking on people's door. I just find it more beleivable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've seen the Brawl commercial...

It's a stupid "Wii would like to play" commercial

kr3wman

Smash Master
I've seen the Brawl commercial...

It's a stupid "Wii would like to play" commercial
It's stupid when you see it, but compare with other commercials.

Car Ads? Suck.

Beauty/Skin Care/Shampoo Ads? Suck.

Restaurant Ads? Suck.

Other Videogames Ads? The more cutscenes in it, the more they try to cover the crappy gameplay. And seriously, Most VGs Ads out of Nintendo's are only cutscenes.

wing zrow

Smash Lord
hahaha, trust me, this game needs no promoting. Everywhere i go that has game related stuff ( circuit city, gamestop, blockbuster, best buy etc ) is cramming posters and reserves down people's throats.

illphil

Smash Apprentice
It's stupid when you see it, but compare with other commercials.

Car Ads? Suck.

Beauty/Skin Care/Shampoo Ads? Suck.

Restaurant Ads? Suck.

Other Videogames Ads? The more cutscenes in it, the more they try to cover the crappy gameplay. And seriously, Most VGs Ads out of Nintendo's are only cutscenes.
How the hell can you compare a video game commercial to cars, lotion, or food? Get off Brawl's nuts, it's just its advertisement

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
The Wii Would Like to Play is such an uninteresting add campaign. Nintendo needs to be a little creative... and it's brawl for god's sake. W/e. It doesn't need advertising anyway.

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
It's so good that it doesn't need advertisement. It's going to outsell Halo and not even be mentioned once.

just you watch. =[

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Shockingly, I saw a brawl commercial this morning on MTV of all channels.

iluvwobbuffet

Smash Cadet
Ya know, there's so lil' advertisment(that I've seen except just last week and this week at my Gamestop).
The DOJO did it's fair share of hyping up though.

But clearly the massive amount of pre-orders prove that not much was needed. All I've heard lately at this forum is how every other store in every other state has 200 some pre-orders....

Clearly, not much advertising was nesscessary, and as a result, they're gonna make more money by spending less on advertising.

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
I've seen a commercial but it's one of 'em "wii would like to play"

ugh I hate it, I already know I look like a fucking ****** while playing video games!!!!

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Whoever is in charge of advertising at Nintendo needs to be fired. From a cannon. Into the ocean.

Seriously, I haven't seen a well advertised Nintendo product since SSB64...

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
The reason I think there are not a lot of Brawl commercial is because its a "hardcore" game compared to a lot of their other stuff. I mean, if a gamer is "hardcore" and own a Wii, then they should already know about this game. Anyone that would want it already knows about it. The commercials that are out now try to appeal to the average person and casual gamer. They try to reach out to new people to get them to get the Wii and the huge catalouge of "casual" games. They aren't going to spend money on commercials that won't bring them more customer than they are already going to get.

Top Bottom