• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

prolly my last melee vids

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
nice i love the uthrow to uair combos on peach. that match was really funny. i didnt watch the other yet
EDIT: watched the jiggs one and enjoyed it. the only thing i saw was the dthrow on jiggs. not the best move to on the real floatys. other than that keep up the good work runt!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yay, Runt. I haven't seen much of you around here lately. I'm going to go watch the vids now.

Edit:
One awesome thing about fighting against Peach is that she has a hard time trying to edge guard Kirby. Don't just try to get to the ledge as fast as possible; use your jumps and aerials and up+b to discourage her edge guarding attempts and then grab the ledge when the opening presents itself. Use F-airs when coming back horizontally (pulling back if you need to), U-airs when coming from below, and Final Cutter when she stands at the edge and tries to D-smash or edge hog.

I love how Peach is about on par with Kirby in the speed department (floating anyway). And how she can actually be combo'd depending on DI because of her floatiness. The ending of this match shows what you can pull off on Peach. Beautiful ending.

Nice U-smash out of shield at 0:28 against Jiggly. A lot of people can overlook a good U-smash like that even when it's obvious, and Kirby definately doesn't get a lot of opportunities to sweetspot his U-smash.

Good recovery at 2:28 - it was nothing fancy or advanced, but it showed that you were watching your opponent and put him at a disadvantage in the long run. I wanted to mention it because people point out the most obvious things during a critique, but small things can win games too.

Don't forget U-air from the ledge. It's quick, can take people by suprise, and can get KOs. Put it to some use instead of going for a default F-air most of the time.

When you're at high percents (especially when you're at 2 stock vs. their 1 stock), your job is to make them come to you - especially if they have no projectiles to spam. If you throw out attacks, you're more likely to leave yourself open. Play defensive and go for safe hits to build up damage, and look for gimps, especially Kirbycides. Granted, you were in a position where you were going to win, even if you lost that stock, but your goal should have been to get a two-stock victory - to push yourself to get the best win you can at the time. I think you could have done it.

GG's and nice vids!

Runt

Smash Journeyman
yea i havent been here in a while n those videos are kinda old too. i was going to use those in a combo video but it dosent look like thats going to happen, especially the last combo on peach lol.

Top Bottom