• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectiles

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
I don’t think i need to describe how horrible projectiles are for us Ganon players lol. Besides “pick another character”, what can we do against the links and Belmonts to snag a win?

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
Against the Belmonts you literally may just have to pick another character. I run my Ganon against a Belmont main all the time and I only win if I can manage to punish extremely hard when I finally get in.

If the Belmont player is playing very optimal and not taking any risks it’s a complete nightmare to Ganon. So yeah, once you do get in you better make it count or you’re going to lose. Can’t really give you much outside of that.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
You can try using shield to get closer. Run (don't foxtrot) and then cancel into shield. Use platforms if they're available. Wiz Foot can trade or beat projectiles, but you'll have to lab to figure out which ones. I already know that it loses against Lucas' PK fire and Belmont's holy water.

Once you get close, the zoner will likely try to keep their distance. Escaping towards the edge of the stage is good for Ganon so they'll likely roll behind. If they're predictable and they roll continuously, that means better punish options for you.

Last edited:

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Belmonts have a hard time covering up and in front of them as Axe has a blind spot and sh up angled f-air is pretty slow. I'll usually approach from there and do anything to get 'em off stage. Once I've done that, u-air makes it free. And yeah, Wiz Foot is invaluable for getting in on the ground.

I Like Link

Smash Rookie
Jump a lot to maneuver around them, and attack only when you know they can be punished, don't be too hasty.

Against a lot of projectiles, Wizard's foot will eat through them and hit your opponent as well, but in order for you not to clank with their projecitle, you have to wizard's foot a bit ahead of time. If you wizard's foot when the projectile is too close to you your wizard's foot will cancel it out instead of going through it. I think this is because wizard's foot is slightly weaker at the beginning, so it's not strong enough to go through it. Remember that the Belmonts have a lot of lag when they throw axes so dash attack or wizard foot them while the axe is still in the air.

Shield against the holy water bottle so it doesn't start the fire. Wizard's foot early enough and you'll go through their cross, Link's arrows, and boomerangs. When opponents throw items that you can steal and hold yourself, your opponent might start shielding a lot, and you have flame choke which will allow you to grab them even while holding an item. You can bully the crap out of K. Rool if you steal his crown, don't let him reflect it and don't be reckless and let him get it back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom