• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Projectile war between T.Link and DHD

oogamania

Smash Cadet
NNID
oogaman
I had two matches between a T.Link main on SL and this MU was the campiest matches I've had, so far.. https://youtu.be/zHETH0nLd9s Second match was a true projectile war... https://youtu.be/EWawridX7OA

Considering the fact that, both T.Link and DH have three strong projectiles can make this a pretty campy battle, however I've been wondering which of these characters have the better projectiles.

Many say DH is the ultimate camper and "pressure cooker." Not sure what many say about T.Link, but it seems his boomerang shatters the clay pigeon, pushes the can and instakills the gunmen (depending on the gunmen like the short one has low defense while the tall one has high defense).

Bombs push the can, shatters the clay, again (clay pigeon needs buff...) and damages the gunmen (again, depending on the gunmen).

Arrows push can and shatters clay. Only damages all gunmen, depending on where the arrow hits and how long T.Link holds the arrow. With this projectile knowledge, it seems gunmen is the best bet in this MU, still compared to DH, T.Link has an easier time KOing on all fronts, rather than just projectiles. I believe, as far as campy styles is concerned, even. Aggression, T.Link favor. Overall, I believe the MU is even. What do you all think? Have y'all been in this situation against T.Links?

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Paging Dr. @ Yackabean Yackabean

I've had a bit of practice against Toon Link now so I know where you're coming from, but right now I think it's not quuuite even. I'd say it's slightly more in TL's favor. It's so much harder to get into Toon Links zone than it is going into Duck Hunts. The lag from our moves coupled with the limitation of having one of each projectile on the stage at any one time means that Toon Link wins the camp game hands down (or I believe so, anyway...)

See what Yackabeans incorporated into his play? Itz a cat-astrophe! I now have to deal with THAT lying around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_hkpGEf60c

I would argue tho that Duck Hunt has the upper hand in the close up game. He has a longer reach with most of his aerials and the can can be used to escape the up-tilts of death.

Mostly though I'd say Toon Link has it, only because Yackabean has shown me what he can do an' it made me kack my pants...

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
If I recall the Toon Link boards agree'd to something like a 55:45 in Toon Link's favour.
Duck Hunt's kill options are really difficult to land on a good zoning Toon Link.

I'd say Toon Link's biggest problem when fighting DHD is dealing with clay pidgeon. It's side B for the most part completely beats out arrows and boomerangs if detonated when flying. The fast throw really makes it harder to throw rangs and arrows safe honestly. For Bombs, it seems to be a split on what happens there. The bomb usually going through the clay pidgeon hitting DHD and the clay pidgeon hitting us making a really silly trade.
Toon Link also has a lot more angles and approach options with projectiles because of how he can arc his boomerang through and how bombs fall down from gravity. DHD's projectiles however are all very linear bar the Can which if you know how to deal with doesn't become that much of an issue.

If I were the DHD player I would probably keep the can between Toon Link and yourself. Because once that cans flew past, Toon Link has a much easier time approaching in with bombs and boomerangs.

Also adding on to what Muppet said, ariel game definitely should go to DHD. His range on Fair and Bair are suuuper good beating Toon Link's best ariels Nair and RAR Bair. Zair for Toon Link however isn't too bad in the up close game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom