• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project64k netplay problems

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
I started using project64k like a week ago and i tried to play online with my brother. I can join any server just fine, but my brother can't connect to any servers.
We're using hamachi until i have the time to look at port forwarding.
I don't know if it matters but i use Windows 7 and my brother runs Windows 8

nickthename

Smash Apprentice
Hamachi should not be necessary to join servers, only for hosting p2p if you can't port forward.

Last edited:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Try to troubleshoot, is he behind some kind of parental or school internet where there's only a white list of ip's? Idk I never experienced that problem, also try using the pj64 from the index thread or my signature as those work on windows 8 for sure. My guess is that he is not using pj64kve 1.4 0.13 or whatever the official name is for the one that basically everyone uses

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
he is connected to the internet because he can see all the servers in the master server list. If he tries to connect to any of them or to a server i hosted in P2P he just sees the message: "connecting to [enter IP here]" When i try to connect to a P2P server he hosted i see the message: "connecting to [enter IP here]" but he sees on his screen: "sanzee2000 tried to connect to your server, waiting for reconfirmation".

Thanks Knightphox, i'll try this in a few moments and i'll report here whatever happens.

Shears

Smash Master
he is connected to the internet because he can see all the servers in the master server list. If he tries to connect to any of them or to a server i hosted in P2P he just sees the message: "connecting to [enter IP here]" When i try to connect to a P2P server he hosted i see the message: "connecting to [enter IP here]" but he sees on his screen: "sanzee2000 tried to connect to your server, waiting for reconfirmation".

Thanks Knightphox, i'll try this in a few moments and i'll report here whatever happens.
He might be trying to connect to an inactive server. Make sure he tries to connect to one of these servers (note the IP address not the name):

http://onlinessb.com/servers.html

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
He might be trying to connect to an inactive server. Make sure he tries to connect to one of these servers (note the IP address not the name):

http://onlinessb.com/servers.html
He isn't trying to connect to an inactive server because the servers that work for me don't work for him and a P2P server i hosted didn't work for him but it did work for my other brother. Thanks anyway

Shears

Smash Master
He isn't trying to connect to an inactive server because the servers that work for me don't work for him and a P2P server i hosted didn't work for him but it did work for my other brother. Thanks anyway
Sounds like his ISP is blocking it. Is he connecting from starbucks or a campus? Does he have to log into his internet?

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
Sounds like his ISP is blocking it. Is he connecting from starbucks or a campus? Does he have to log into his internet?
He is at home using the same router/wi-fi as i am. He does need a password and internet is working completely fine.

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
So i just tried everything you all said, i started of by trying to turn off the firewall. Nothing new happened. After that i tried to install the project64k version knightphox suggested. I set up all the plug-ins and turner of the Rawpacks for all the controllers. I then tried to connect to netplay and i was asked if project64kVE had permission to get through the firewall. I allogeen it and i tried to connect to a server and it did the same thing as before...

Compatible

Smash Cadet
Edit: weird maybe something to do with the router/network set up on his computer? Can he get on plugging straight into the modem?

Last edited:

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
I don't think that's the problem because things like Google still work fine... And he's using internet with i think the exact same settings as me

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
No he can't get it plugger straight in the modem i think... I don't know if we still have the right cables

Compatible

Smash Cadet
My only thought is if you could plug straight into the modem you'd be able to rule out if its an issue causes by the way your network/router is set up, or a computer issue.

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
I know what you mean, i just checked and we don't have any cables to plug a laptop into a modem...

sanzee2000

Smash Rookie
So i tried everything that was posted here... I still don't see anything change.
I did find that when we were playing minecraft he also wasn't able to join a LAN world. I also noticed that every server had a ping of 1000+ms (see screenshot).
I don't know if this makes it more Obvious but i'd love for someone to help me :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom