• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project64k memory problem

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I wanted to have a go at ssb64 with a friend. But project64k wouldn't start up, it only said "Not enough memory for Jump Table" followed by "Failed to allocate memory".
I don't know what's the matter, and I've no clue on what the cause of this might be. It worked perfectly fine last week.

I googled for hours and couldn't come up with a solution. I don't know if I can expect better help from this board, but who knows...

Help?

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
already tried this...
I terminated firefox, XChat, ICQ, ... but it's no use.

SilentSlayers

Smash Journeyman
I used to get this. What changed that makes it possible now? Hmm... I think it was my new computer unfortunately, so I can't help you there.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
if you have windows vista or windows 7 then you should try with project64k Vista Edition.

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
I didn't install anything (aside from those frequent automatic windows updates). I've got Windows XP.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
That amount of RAM is pretty bad. If it used to run at 60FPS, than most-likely something was installed that added to more memory usage. Could of been a Window's Update? Idk.

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
he forgot to mention:

The newest PJ64 is running on his computer.

Only PJ64k isn't running (he tried to redownload it)

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
yeah, will probably get a new PC at christmas. But this doesn't necessarily mean the issue gets solved... I've seen people with Windows 7 and 2GB+ RAM who ran into this problem.

So, yeah... Will notify you when I test it with the new PC.

MattNF

Smash Lord
yeah, will probably get a new PC at christmas. But this doesn't necessarily mean the issue gets solved... I've seen people with Windows 7 and 2GB+ RAM who ran into this problem.

So, yeah... Will notify you when I test it with the new PC.

>windows 7
>2gb ram
>good computer

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I've got the latest PJ64k. What do I need PJ64 for? I'd like to play ONLINE ;)
errr lol, i mean to copy the pj64 plugins to the pj64k folder. maybe this is the issue.
If not, try to download this one from here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ut5zmmkz5nw which has vista setups, and also, be sure to have the updated DirectX 11.

And one last thing, since you're from europe, i invite you to the ssb64 european online community. Join by adding this contact to your msn: group74422@groupsim.com and anser "kirby" (no caps)

smakis

Smash Ace
nixxon you nab, stop giving out the answer to the superspecialawesomehard secret question!

Top Bottom