• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project : Ultimate Boxer

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
LITTLE MAC JOINS THE BRAWL!
NEW:

OLD:

He replaces mario,it doesn't crash and it works even with mario's animations!
More infos tomorrow.
But here's a basic combo :
Right punch > left punch > uppercut

But i need staff, to be precise :
Animation Maker
PSA maker

What needs to be fixed :
TransN problem
some glitches
movement

Get ready to fight!

Darkji

Smash Cadet
That's nice, but isn't it possible to use Little Mac as a texture/model for Cpt Falcon ?

Revven

FrankerZ
That's nice, but isn't it possible to use Little Mac as a texture/model for Cpt Falcon ?
Does it REALLY matter who replaces who? A character is a character. In the end, they will be an entirely new character, the only difference for replacing a character will be the voice SFX (unless people just delete all the SFX calls for voices in PSA in each move/animation).

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Ultimate Boxer? Ippo?

*opens topic*

LIAR! D:<

I kid - good to see someone working on Little Mac. Kind of a shame that his AT has to look so different from his Punch-Out!! Wii appearance, but hey, what're you gonna do?

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Does it REALLY matter who replaces who? A character is a character. In the end, they will be an entirely new character, the only difference for replacing a character will be the voice SFX (unless people just delete all the SFX calls for voices in PSA in each move/animation).
I believe he means using the model as a "costume" for Captain Falcon. Since models are stored in the .pac files. So it will load his model, but use Falcon's animations.

But anyway, looking forward to Little Mac! =D

Darkji

Smash Cadet
I believe he means using the model as a "costume" for Captain Falcon. Since models are stored in the .pac files. So it will load his model, but use Falcon's animations.

But anyway, looking forward to Little Mac! =D

Yeah, that's precisely what I meant.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Like i said ^, i was planning on doing Little Mac too lol. If you have any interset, here was a first draft of my moveset. I used a few of other character's from Punchout moves for some fan service X3

A: 1-2 punch
Dash Attack: Crouches, slides forward with fist out
>Tilt: Hops forward, jabs, hops back. A second hit can be done, like snakes’ >tilt. (Piston Honda)
^Tilt: Punches straight up
vTilt: Crouch, jab
>Smash: Lunges forward with a hook. Distance forward is similar to Wolf’s >Smash. (Von Kaiser)
^Smash: Uppercut
vSmash: Macho Spin (3 spin) (Super Macho Man)

Neutral Aerial: Macho Spin (1 spin) (Super Macho Man)
>Aerial: Backhanded right hook
<Aerial: Back check a lot like Captain Falcon
^Aerial: Spiral Punch (Similar to how sonic spins)
vAerial: Punches and propels downward, much like Toon Link’s vAerial.

B: Star Punch: If Mac has a star charged (max 1), Mac’s fist turns golden and deals a powerful blow. Without, simply performs jab, however rewards a star.
>B: Lunge Punch: Thrust’s forward, enemies get dragged through like Wolf’s B^. At the end thrusts his fist downward. If in the air, spikes opponent.
^B: Uppercut: Punches skyward, rewards a star if contact is made.
vB: Dodge/Punch: Works like Marth’s counter. Ducks then counter punches, rewards a star if successful.

Final Smash: Triple Star Punch: Locks onto a nearby target, such as Toon Links. Thrust’s forward dealing a blow similar to Marth’s FS in strength. Upon this contact, a gold shockwave surrounds Mac and the target, similar to Barbara the Bat’s attack.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but what about the people who only want one texture replaced and are happy with all of the movesets?

Revven

FrankerZ
Yeah, but what about the people who only want one texture replaced and are happy with all of the movesets?
You can't have a whole character replace just a texture, it doesn't work like that. As you see, you'd need two .pacs of the same character and because the game only loads one .pac (and there is only one .pac of that specific character for the moveset) you won't be able to have Mario playable while you have Little Mac on your SD Card. That's why people are hoping for PW's Clone Engine to be successful so that you COULD add more characters much like his stage expansion code.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Back to work!
Overdrive, we can work on it together, as i said, i need people for this project.
Now i'm going to add new animations

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Ok new problem: If i fix the TransN, it freezes in Brawl.Any idea?
My idea is hex the file and swap some data.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Sure.I did it many times with the models.
It crashes only when i do this to a model that has ExtraBones (by using the bone adder)
Problem solved! I'll swap the model to Pikachu, that has the same TransN index as Little Mac's.
Anyway...Alternate colours FTW

bleyva

Smash Ace
very awesome, good work

just out of curiosity, is he gonna be kept the same size he was in brawl? seemed a bit too tiny to me

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
Wow, it works with Mario's animations on his model without glitches? Could you also release that version, without moveset please?

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
no, i don't plan on releasing it, since the mario's animations works fine, but they make mac look like a deformed ******
Just wait boys,i will not release this until i have staff and i've fixed all the things (like the TransN)

joem3693

Smash Apprentice
thats cool does he look ok over pikachu with his animations or does he look different like he does on mario?

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
HUGE UPDATE! Little Mac finally walks right!
the problem was: If you change the names of the bones when you've add some extrabones, i dunno why, the game crashes, but if you change the name before using the bone adder, no crash for you!
BAD thing? now Little mac animations are glitchy.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
nice little mac colors hmm i think orange or yellow would be a cool color pallette for little mac ^^

Manikku

Smash Rookie
NNID
Manikku
Nice work. I'd love to see some colors based off of characters of the Punch-Out! series, or Mike Tyson. :p
Are these ones resized versions?

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
No, they aren't resized.
For the colour, these are the basic team-compatible alt colours, maybe in the future i'll make textures like Von Kaiser,Glass Joe etc

Top Bottom