• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: TUSSLE - An infinite Smash Bros with any characters you can imagine!

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Hey quick question, which part of the engine am I meant to click on to get into the complete thing? I can't seem to find it whatsoever.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
If you've downloaded it from the website, there should be a main.exe that'll run the game. To get the most recent version, you can download and extract the zip from GitHub into the same place and overwrite everything it needs to and it'll run. Currently, a GitHub API change has broken the updater, and I haven't had the time to come up with a new solution.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
If you've downloaded it from the website, there should be a main.exe that'll run the game. To get the most recent version, you can download and extract the zip from GitHub into the same place and overwrite everything it needs to and it'll run. Currently, a GitHub API change has broken the updater, and I haven't had the time to come up with a new solution.
No, I mean what do I do to get into the modification application, you know, to be able to put in my stages, characters, CSS, etc.?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
That's really it? What about the changing of the character's attributes, their hitboxes, etc?
I need to do that too, right?
It's a bit involved to make a character, but I've posted a couple of "getting started" posts on the website to get you started, but the visual character builder is nearly complete if you'd like to hold off on creating the fighters for a bit and work on sprites or something in the meantime. Sprites should be PNG files, with a single animation being a single row of sprites, with a fixed frame width across all sprites. I'll try to get the Zero character creation streams up on Youtube soon, so you can see the process in action.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
It's a bit involved to make a character, but I've posted a couple of "getting started" posts on the website to get you started, but the visual character builder is nearly complete if you'd like to hold off on creating the fighters for a bit and work on sprites or something in the meantime. Sprites should be PNG files, with a single animation being a single row of sprites, with a fixed frame width across all sprites. I'll try to get the Zero character creation streams up on Youtube soon, so you can see the process in action.
Oh thank you, that would be so wonderful! I want to make sure I can see my characters built up in the game. But hey, are there circular hitboxes or square hitboxes?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Rectangular hitboxes, but you can "lock" several hitboxes together that will behave as if they were one single hitbox, in case you need a more odd shape.

Last edited:

Kollin

Smash Rookie
Stumbled on this looking for 3DS mods (Why is there not a Wii U/3DS workshop?) and I LOVE it! I've already began compiling a folder of victory tunes and franchise logos for it. XD

Something I haven't tested out yet, is there or will there be controller support?

EDIT: I'm dumb, lol. Tried the game with my Logitech F310, resulted in a crash when I went into gamepad settings but I assume that's an in-development feature?

Last edited:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Stumbled on this looking for 3DS mods (Why is there not a Wii U/3DS workshop?) and I LOVE it! I've already began compiling a folder of victory tunes and franchise logos for it. XD

Something I haven't tested out yet, is there or will there be controller support?

EDIT: I'm dumb, lol. Tried the game with my Logitech F310, resulted in a crash when I went into gamepad settings but I assume that's an in-development feature?
It should be working, but I think I might have left out a null check somewhere. Would you mind posting your error log? I can fix it real quick so you can use your controller.

Kollin

Smash Rookie
Alrighty, here're the two crashes I've encountered so far...

This one occurs when I try to enter the gamepad settings menu, doesn't matter which mode my controller is switched to.

This one occurs when I hold the shield down and let it fully deplete.

Last edited:

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Alrighty, here're the two crashes I've encountered so far...

This one occurs when I try to enter the gamepad settings menu, doesn't matter which mode my controller is switched to.

This one occurs when I hold the shield down and let it fully deplete.
Okay, both should be fixed on the most recent update. GitHub recently changed the way their API works and broke the auto-updater, and I haven't managed to figure out a better way yet, so you'll have to update manually.

Go to the GitHub repository page, and click on the green "Clone or Download" button, and click on "Download Zip". Once you have the download, extract it to your current install directory, overwriting files. Once that's done, when you run main.exe, it should run the new code. Note that if you've made any changes to Hitboxie or any other files, they'll be overwritten, so back them up if you have!

DESE

Smash Rookie
Interesting! It's like mugen but in Smash World. Will follow and testing your great work.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So what's all done in terms of coding, however? Is there coding for things such as Star KO's, Screen KO's, etc? The usual Smash stuff? And will there be plans to add things outside of Smash as code, such as Aerial Dashing (from MvC), Wall Running (similar to grounded running), Wall Climbing (from Brawlhalla), etc.?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Most of the smash mechanics are in mechanically, but lacking visuals. As for non-smash mechanics, there's a few we have like moonwalking, and a few we want to add like a new system for Ultimate Attacks, but things like airdashing and wall climbing could easily be added in on a character-by-character basis.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
That is an amazing thing, I can't wait to see what the mechanics would be like when they're successfully pulled off! Though I might be able to integrate them into the current builder via some coding, yes?

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
That pretty much sums it up, Larry. I myself will look into this once they think that they're completely satisfied with their work.

Zephandrypus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zephandrypus
3DS FC
2896-1247-7822
I've always wanted something like this! I really look forward to creating characters in the future.

A few characters I plan to make:
  • A lich, the creature in my picture. He has the power of necromancy, or death magic.
  • Elise from League of Legends. Basically, can transform between a giant spider and a half-spider half-human.
  • Source characters like Chell, Gordon Freeman, etc.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Sweet! will you be adding multiple keys for the same move, as well? Like L and R for shielding

Top Bottom