• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Smash : Japan - Seeking Regulars in Tokyo!

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 245254

If you are uninformed as of yet about Project Smash : Japan, then please take a moment to read (or skim!) this...

I am seeking Smashers of all shapes and sizes to be apart of this scene! Want to be on stream and show your stuff? Let me know. Are you in the Tokyo area (or anywhere close by that's within reasonable commuting distance)? Let me know. This is going to be supportive of English speaking players, so if you don't speak Japanese thats perfectly fine, you don't need to. I am a foreigner myself, so there is no worries.

This channel is going to be big, so right now is the time we plan to really make an impact, and you can be apart of it. Especially with the planned showcasing of Project M which will be a first for Japan-based streams. Please, if you are in the Tokyo area, even if only temporarily or for short term, post in this thread. Everyone concerned who posts here will be invited to a personal message thread, detailing all the important information such as the regular venue address, conduct, and tournament organization guidelines. The line-up includes all currently played renditions of Smash. Tournaments will likely be organized for the games that garner the most favoritism at our events.

Let's make this a rockin' Smash scene. Let's show that not all the fun goes on in the states :).

Again, please leave a post here, and you will be invited to a personal message group, with everyone I've collected from this thread for the new Smash scene in Tokyo. I will discuss the details with all of you further later on. The stream plans to go live later this month so don't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

aig1s

Smash Rookie
Made an account just to post here! Is this new smash scene PM only or are you guys playing Melee as well? I'm afraid i'm only interested in Melee D: Would be awesome to play smash again, last time was 1 year ago before I moved to Japan T_T

yat2009

Smash Rookie
Hi! I will be going to Tokyo in April and staying until July, so I would love to be a part of the scene! I play only Melee (though Project M may be ok). I really want to be involved, so I hope to hear from you soon!

Mijusuu

Smash Rookie
I will be in Tokyo from 1st to 12th of April with my friend !
So if anything is going on, we could go for it !

PS: i play melee

Last edited:

Spideymv

Smash Rookie
Hey there I'm moving to Japan in May and am looking for some people to play with. I play Wii U and Project M.

tikipower

Smash Rookie
I am going to tokyo in october to study, will stay until late novembre and I wonder if this will still be around then? I play melee and some pm, not too serious , but i believe it would be the perfect relief from my studies. Would be cool to drop by and play as we do in my hometown.

Grizzly

Smash Rookie
Hey, me and my buddy are in Tokyo right now and have all day to play smash. We are both melee players so if anybody has a setup we can rock up to then pm me.

Killablink

Smash Rookie
Hello im in tokyo until august, but there hasnt been any update about this is it still alive? I play mostly project m but dont mind too mich melee

Ice Ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceninja77
I'll be in Toyko in April for a few weeks, I would be interested in dropping by if there is an event happening! Mostly interested in Smash 4 though but still interested in the other games.

Try_Hard

Smash Rookie
I would very much like to be a part of this. I'm only in Japan until early May and living in Yokosuka. Hoping to become more competitive in Smash 4.

Salevits

Smash Apprentice
hello! european ssbm player looking to play smash! (ranked 5th in finland)

I moved to Sagamihara (very close to tokyo) 2 weeks ago and I would love to play if anywhere is possible.

aig1s

Smash Rookie
hello! european ssbm player looking to play smash! (ranked 5th in finland)

I moved to Sagamihara (very close to tokyo) 2 weeks ago and I would love to play if anywhere is possible.
Hey! Do you have a set up etc? I'm a smasher from Sweden looking for people to play with as well.

Salevits

Smash Apprentice
Hey! Do you have a set up etc? I'm a smasher from Sweden looking for people to play with as well.
I have a setup with 20XX installed. The TV I brought is really small and black and white,though:

The actual picture quality is way better than it looks in this image.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Hey Zipzo

I currently live in Hokkaido. I was wondering if there was any smash scene or tournaments up here. If you don't know... if you could just point me in the right directly, I would be grateful!

Thanks!

Salevits

Smash Apprentice
Hey Zipzo

I currently live in Hokkaido. I was wondering if there was any smash scene or tournaments up here. If you don't know... if you could just point me in the right directly, I would be grateful!

Thanks!
Hi Jake, here's Hokkaidos SSBM twitter: https://twitter.com/hokkaido_ssbm

Japanese smashers don't really have something like local smashboards, but if you're looking for events, search the hashtag #スマブラDX_オフ会 in twitter

Last edited:

Scootyrooty

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm living in Tokyo right now and will be here for a long time while I go to school. I'm really interested in getting better at Project M and Smash 4! I have a couple of friends that would also love to get better. I'll send them here if they're interested!

StevenTheGambler

Smash Rookie
Hey there! My friend sent me the link to this page and i'm super interested! I came to Tokyo 6 months ago and i don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I'm a huge smash fan and i play every game. I'm mainly focusing on melee, project m and wii u at the moment, but i don't mind a good old 64 match. I would love to be a part of this community! I would also love to help with any of the set up, like consoles and locations! hit me up with a message!

P/s I also read the reddit thread and i'm determined to help your further your goal. I absolutely love project m, and i feel we have a huge opportunity here to create an appropriate streaming environment. I'm tired of digging through VG and clash to find project m videos. Let's not wait. Let's produce. I feel the passion, and the motivation and i'm right there beside ya.

yat2009

Smash Rookie
Is this thing even actually going to take off? It's been a few months since this thread started already.

Hi, I currently live in Tokyo and have been fairly active in the japanese melee (and the small PM scene) over the last year, going to smash fests & tournaments so have decent contact with japanese players. I currently have access to 5 CRTs in my dorm and i'm planning to run a first smashfest for melee here this saturday. (anyone is welcome hit me up!!)

Im leaving back to the UK in august but if you need the crts please let me know as you're welcome to pick them up or help transport them for the scene you are trying to build.

I'll try to help out as much as I can!

Spideymv

Smash Rookie
Anyone else running Smashfests any time soon? I would but have limited space. :/

Killablink

Smash Rookie
Hi, I currently live in Tokyo and have been fairly active in the japanese melee (and the small PM scene) over the last year, going to smash fests & tournaments so have decent contact with japanese players. I currently have access to 5 CRTs in my dorm and i'm planning to run a first smashfest for melee here this saturday. (anyone is welcome hit me up!!)

Im leaving back to the UK in august but if you need the crts please let me know as you're welcome to pick them up or help transport them for the scene you are trying to build.

I'll try to help out as much as I can!
If you're still running pm at all or know anyone im interested!

Mokukiridashi

Smash Rookie
I'm currently in Edogawa, in/near Tokyo, if there is any group of melee players meeting up please contact me.

Hey guys, dont know if you know but there is going to be a Japanese melee national/regional in tokyo on the 9th of august. The more the merrier so sign up if you wanna come! Amsa, shippu and more will be there so itd be good to test yourself against japans best!

http://battlegateway.wix.com/official#!8thtaikai/c1m5b

sign up document is the link on the bottom, & you only have to fill in the first two questions which are:
1 Handle and
2 email address

Hope to see you there!

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Melee player from L.A./San Diego/Hawaii here! Gonna be in the Tokyo area until December, definitely down to smash! Unfortunately I can't make it on the 8th, but if everyone meets up please let me know! Gonna have a lot of time for melee in August!

LINE ID: georgetracy

Thanks!1

SuperSunshine21

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperSunshine21
Living in Tokyo, don't have a Gamecube though, and haven't played Melee in years (got Sm4sh on 3DS) so I'm a scrub but would love to get my ass beat every weekend if possible.

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellas.
Im in Tokyo for about a week or so and im looking for some smash 4 players here. I only have a joystick on me so I will have to visit one/some of yall. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Holeymeister

Smash Rookie
I'm situated in Adachi, and would love to get involved with the melee community here. Let me know of anything that goes on around Tokyo!

FertileSquirtle

Smash Rookie
I just moved to Tokyo and I would love to play some PM!
Is this still a thing? If so, can someone please give me the information?

nassart972

Smash Rookie
Going to be in Tokyo in early October. I couple of smash plays will happen to be with me. Let me know if there is anything regular over there please and thank you.

CitizenSnips5

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'll be living right outside Tokyo (Shin-Urayasu) for the next 7 months, would love to play some Smash 4 with locals and just meet the scene. My Japanese is quite basic, but hoping to improve while I'm out here! Definitely let me know if anything is going on in the Tokyo area!

Top Bottom