• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Smash Attac ERROR!

bigheadfrankie

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2921-9306-9934
When i open my custom .pac file it says "bad pointer list size," what do i do?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
You shouldn't post the same thread in three different boards, someone will get to it eventually wherever you put it. (replying to this one, since this is the correct location - PSA is relevant to Brawl in general, not just PM.)

anyway, nobody can possibly help you if you don't give us any details. What file did you use? What did you try to do with it?

Last edited:

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
// Calculate the length of each important segment in the file.
long lHeader = 0x40;
long lPartitionHeader = 0x20;
long lPartition1 = ReadWord(fstream, lHeader + 0x4);
long lPartition2 = ReadWord(fstream, RoundUp(lHeader + lPartitionHeader + lPartition1, 0x20) + 0x4);
long lDataHeader = 0x20;
long lData = ReadWord(fstream, 0x64);
long lPointerList = ToWord(ReadWord(fstream, 0x68));
long lObjectPointerList = ToBlock(ReadWord(fstream, 0x6C));
long lExternalPointerList = ToBlock(ReadWord(fstream, 0x70));
long lNameList = lPartition1 - lDataHeader - lData - lPointerList - lObjectPointerList - lExternalPointerList;

// Check each segment length against the size of the file.
if (lPartition1 > fstream.Length) throw new Exception("Bad partition 1 size.");
if (lPartition2 > fstream.Length) throw new Exception("Bad partition 2 size.");
if (lData > fstream.Length) throw new Exception("Bad data size.");
if (lPointerList > fstream.Length) throw new Exception("Bad pointer list size.");
if (lObjectPointerList > fstream.Length) throw new Exception("Bad object list size.");
if (lExternalPointerList > fstream.Length) throw new Exception("Bad external pointer list size.");
if (lNameList > fstream.Length) throw new Exception("Bad name list size.");
fstream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);

PSA will only tell you that if the moveset file header is saying there is more pointers than there actually is. I can't tell you how to fix it unfortunately, but if your receiving that error, something along the road corrupted your file. It would make it easier for others to help you if you give some more information, like where you got this file and if you made edits what they were, as well as what program you used to make said edits

Top Bottom