• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project New Challenger (Smash 4 Custom Miis & Stages)

So you've probably seen me hanging around here, offering to do composition work on several fan games. Not today. Here I begin my personal project, Project New Challenger. With the Miis getting more attention than ever with the EVO ruleset in flux, it's the perfect time to launch this system of custom stages and Mii Fighters to make characters that were previously lost in ballot into fully realized Smash 4 Fighters.

Here's the lowdown- Traits, movesets, customs, and even in some occasions equipment will be used to make Mii Fighters that are super-accurate to the source material, and downloadable on Miiverse with the occasional custom stage to go with them.

Currently in the works are two characters that got official Mii Fighter costumes- King K. Rool and Inkling. There's plenty of other ideas in mind, but if you want to request ideas for custom Mii Fighters and stages, you can add them to this thread.

(Either way, from the sound of Sakurai's latest interview, it seems like we'll be getting most of these characters in a Smash 5.)

It has begun! A K. Rool showcase video has been posted to YouTube.
K. Rool will be available on Miiverse around Sunday, I'm still not very sure how to make it available since this build was a 3DS import. Next up is my personal ballot vote- Isaac from Golden Sun, complete with a Venus Lighthouse stage!

I don't know how to link stage posts on Miiverse... help? Venus Lighthouse is finished and ready to be uploaded, and Isaac is nearly finished.

Top Bottom