• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Wiimmfi on a broken Wii

EntropyWins

Smash Rookie
Am looking to play PM online using the Wii instead of an emulator, since my computer isn't good enough. Originally, I was using the hackless wifi safe version, but my Wii's disc reader recently broke. Does anyone know what the most reliable setup is for getting on Wiimmfi with PM using a USB loader? Not sure which loader to use or whether to go to the trouble of creating a PM iso as Dolphin users do. Also, do people think 3.6 might be easier to use for this, or is 3.5 more reliable? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

AvengingRage

Smash Rookie
NNID
Toadament
Ok, i have two options that you can use to get online with project M.
NOTE: THESE METHODS ONLY WORK WITH PM 3.5

Option 1: You will need the following:
8Gb or more Flash Drive
2gb SD Card- MUST BE 2Gb no higher.
Homebrew Channel
USB Loader
Brawl ISO

Download The Brawl ISO to your Flash Drive. I cant provide the link on This site. Then Download Project M on your SD card. Once you have done all of that, you will need to download a usb loader. Preferably USB loader gx then load up your Brawl ISO, go into Game Load, scroll down until you see private server. Pick Wimmfi.de, after that you are still in the game load option.scroll down to ocarina and press A on it until you see the hooktype VBI then turn ocarina on. Done

Option 2: You Will need the following:
8Gb or more Flash Drive
A Computer
PM ISO
Homebrew Channel
Brawl Iso
Usb Loader

First thing, You should still have the Brawl ISO on your Computer. Download the Project M ISO builder. Once you have that. Put your Brawl ISO in the same folder where you see the.bat file. The rest is pretty straight forward from there. But once you get back to the wii use the same method as in option 1 with USB Loader Gx. Except dont use the ocarina part.

Hope this is understandable.

EntropyWins

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I'll give it a try. Do both methods run the game equally well? I've heard the PM iso wasn't meant to be used on a Wii and was designed for use on Dolphin.

For method 1, I'm assuming the wifi-safe homebrew version is needed? Also, didn't 3.5 have Wimmfi built in? Why do you have to specify it in the loader settings?

Top Bottom