• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unlocked - oh boy...

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
What have I been doing? I don't really know myself anyway... HEEEEREEES FUNKY!
Kcmm wasn't be a bit janky. I feel confident in the sites stability now. Be sure to download it, recolor it, mutilate it to your hearts desires. @ Nefnoj Nefnoj @everyoneelse

DIRECT LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s0n8423wx7eiaj2/Funky Kong 3.5.rar

KCMM LINK
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207051
Oh my gosh TOCK KNOCK tagged me I feel so special...
Thank you! THAT COSTUME'S BEAUTIFUL!!

I was looking at its file... "Box01"... "Plane03"... "GeoSphere01"... Mate, you usin' 3DS Max, aren't ya?

Last edited:

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Oh my gosh TOCK KNOCK tagged me I feel so special...
Thank you! THAT COSTUME'S BEAUTIFUL!!

I was looking at its file... "Box01"... "Plane03"... "GeoSphere01"... Mate, you usin' 3DS Max, aren't ya?
Yeah I hope that doesnt kill the magic for anyone. I'm human too!

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Funky is delicious! Someone make bunches of recolors already!

Also... I would like to ask, do you mayhaps take alt costume requests? I have a few I'd like to PM you if so.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
its official; tocks funk is better than previous funk. all my friends approve (especially fans of the original bro kong...should have a unique surfing taunt ;P)

also just a quick shout out, if anyone capable of yoshi retexturing can help me out, i just made a thread on my current 3.5 woes. feel free to lend a poor plumber a hand! <3

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Yeah I hope that doesnt kill the magic for anyone. I'm human too!
Ha, that's inspirational since you're my favourite modder, I use it as well! Are there any guides or tips you recommend for beginning hackers but long-time-ish modelers? (Especially in terms of polygon limit) I started making a hack, but it got a bit glitchy and I didn't care nor know enough to fix it. It was a costume for Roy resembling Roy Koopa, I'm a bad man.

Last edited:

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Ha, that's inspirational since you're my favourite modder, I use it as well! Are there any guides or tips you recommend for beginning hackers but long-time-ish modelers? (Especially in terms of polygon limit) I started making a hack, but it got a bit glitchy and I didn't care nor know enough to fix it. It was a costume for Roy resembling Roy Koopa, I'm a bad man.

I would always start with lower poly basic shapes. Its easy to get overwhelmed by a really hi poly object. So basically build by addition not subtractiong you'll have more control of the shape that way.

You should learn how to use the cut tool. (not as in Cut and paste) It helps make faces and vertexes manually and it an easy starting point with low poly objects.

Also you need to learn the difference between editable meshs and editable polys. You'll have to convert your object between the 2 occasionally.

Also learn about the remove function through right clicking on an editable poly it goes hand and hand with the cut tool. You shoudl use it to remove unwanted edges and verts.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
This is my domain Nano! You're welcome to love me too. :GCStart:

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I have a question about one of the Project M Unlocked characters: James McCloud, what inspired the palette colour? I'm trying to make a costume for Falco that resembles his appearance in Star Fox Adventures, any tips would be handy, haha!

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
The jacket hue was inspired by many of the old star fox 64 pics like this one. Interesting thing though is most pics in starfox 64
feature james mccloud with darker fur and less saturated ears than fox. By default this makes him look older. The yellow scarf is from the command design because after all it is the command design of fox, but most of it is inspired from 64 misc art even though it is inconsistent with the game at times.

Glasses color are that of real aviator shades Instead of solid black. It's such a distinct feature it needs to stand out on its own with no corresponding colors on the costume.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
The jacket hue was inspired by many of the old star fox 64 pics like this one. Interesting thing though is most pics in starfox 64
feature james mccloud with darker fur and less saturated ears than fox. By default this makes him look older. The yellow scarf is from the command design because after all it is the command design of fox, but most of it is inspired from 64 misc art even though it is inconsistent with the game at times.

Glasses color are that of real aviator shades Instead of solid black. It's such a distinct feature it needs to stand out on its own with no corresponding colors on the costume.

One thing you could've added to your James skin was a notch to Fox's left ear.

Also, are you planning on making any more costumes soon, or are you working on the Mummy Lucario?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
I'm currently rimlighting your Minish Cap Toon Link for Smash 3C stuff (I already fully did your Wii R.O.B. and James McCloud, btw), and is it intentional that it has an obscene amount of materials and shaders? Several of the materials share names, and several others reference textures that aren't actually present in the file. I'm guessing those might be leftovers from when you were making it, and that I could probably delete them (or at least not bother to rimlight them), but I'm still a relative newcomer to materials and shaders and such, so I'm not sure if that is indeed the case.

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently rimlighting your Minish Cap Toon Link for Smash 3C stuff (I already fully did your Wii R.O.B. and James McCloud, btw), and is it intentional that it has an obscene amount of materials and shaders? Several of the materials share names, and several others reference textures that aren't actually present in the file. I'm guessing those might be leftovers from when you were making it, and that I could probably delete them (or at least not bother to rimlight them), but I'm still a relative newcomer to materials and shaders and such, so I'm not sure if that is indeed the case.
Yeah I may have got lazy and forgot to remove some bloat. Try your hand at removing what you don't think you need and save a lot of backups. And of course, Good luck!

TOCK

Smash Apprentice

follow me on smashboards if you want to catch this costume when it drops.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I love how you did the CSP. When I was doing mine, I was originally going to do the same pose. Then I realized that Roy already has a CSP in Smash Bros. for the 3DS and Wii U so I copied it, heheh. What' s the model from?

Also, should be titled "Project M Unlocked - oh Roy",

huehuehuehue

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey @ TOCK TOCK ! I was having a problem, I tried installing James McCloud to 3.6. I put it over his white costume, which I put over the black costume. However, when I highlight Fox, my Wii freezes with that all too familiar bweebing sound. It taunts me. You wouldn't happen to know what's up, would you? The format of my CSP is CMPR, if that has anything to do with anything.

Top Bottom