• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Type Mod For SSB4 Support Thread (My 80th Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
For my 80th post!

I wasn't too thrilled with my older support thread, so I decided to start over with this:

Project M has been claimed by a lot of people to be more enjoyable than Brawl, the game it is mod of.

After seeing how SSB4 was, I think it too needs a Project M mod of itself.

I'm gonna call it Ultimate Melee instead of Project B because I've personally liked Melee over Brawl.

Here are some ideas for the Project M Sequel:

Break The Targets returns (in Melee form, so each one would be different depending on the character you use)
More characters (I suggest Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climber (One Ice Climber this time), and one newcomer Dixie Kong (I don't know why but I thought she'd be one of the easier newcomers for Project M to make), if none of them are SBB4 DLC)
More N64/Melee/Brawl stages (If, again, none of them are DLC for the real SSB4)
More event matches
Melee Adventure Mode
DLC That Wouldn't Be In The Real SSB4 (Like Snake, Roy (Melee), or Ridley)
Better balancing of characters
More palette swaps (Why not?)
Better Multiplayer value
And everything else that made the original Project M great

Mewtwo and Miiverse Stage will still be DLC
If you want this beginning post to have explained better, please let me know. Just don't ask for characters or stages you want right now. All you gotta do is say you support this.

Please support for Project M 2!

kchamp523

Smash Cadet
Eh I don't really like the idea of this.

1. Nintendo can easily patch such an exploit now unlike Brawl.
2. What would it accomplish that Project M cannot besides maybe new Smash 4 characters?
3. People have lives so unless this really has a reason for doing so, people will not work on such a project without getting paid.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Eh I don't really like the idea of this.

1. Nintendo can easily patch such an exploit now unlike Brawl.
2. What would it accomplish that Project M cannot besides maybe new Smash 4 characters?
3. People have lives so unless this really has a reason for doing so, people will not work on such a project without getting paid.
OK, what idea WOULD you like?

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I mean, wouldn't you want more in SSB4 aside DLC? Wouldn't you want Break The Targets or Melee Adventure Mode?

Mean Green

Smash Lord
@ 3D Dillon 3D Dillon Sorry but as nice as it would be, this isn't happening. The PMDT members here on smashboards say that they're not doing it again.. at least not for free at any rate. So who would fund this project? We can stratch Nintendo off that list.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
@ 3D Dillon 3D Dillon Sorry but as nice as it would be, this isn't happening. The PMDT members here on smashboards say that they're not doing it again.. at least not for free at any rate. So who would fund this project? We can stratch Nintendo off that list.
I-Is there anything we can do to make SSB4 less disappointing?

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
OK, why don't WE pay them to make Project M 2?
Donate money to them until we reach the goal?
That's a good idea.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Except makin money in any way off of a mod or fangame, ESPECIALLY if it's without the original creator's consent is VERY ILLEGAL.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Except makin money in any way off of a mod or fangame, ESPECIALLY if it's without the original creator's consent is VERY ILLEGAL.
Well, ask him if it's ok to have his consent. Ask him if we can add Break The Targets or Melee Adventure Mode as DLC ourselves.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Okay, look. I'm assuming by "he" you mean Sakurai because he is the creator of the franchise but that...wouldn't be good enough since, in order for this to even come close to being legal we would also need permission from ALL THE CREATORS/OWNERS OF ALL THE IP'S THAT APPEAR IN SMASH BROS. And even then we would need permission from the heads of Nintendo too. like we're talkin a less than 1% chance of being supported by Nintendo, plus SEGA, CAPCOM, and NAMCO and even then that's being very VERY VERY GENEROUS. Seriously, I don't wanna sound like a huge jerk but for now at least, drop it. by the Time Project M started there was already a well established Brawl Modding community and tools readily available to make this kind of thing possible, but if there isn't even a way to mod Smash 4 consistently, and in a way that effects the games physics and game play, this isn't even possible to begin with...Maybe in a few years if we're lucky it'll be 1/10th as moddable as Brawl was but as of now this would be completely impossible for soooooo many reasons.

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Well, ask him if it's ok to have his consent. Ask him if we can add Break The Targets or Melee Adventure Mode as DLC ourselves.
You ask him, lmao.

He's talking about fundraising/employment, not profit.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
OK, block this threaad and forget all about this and wait until Mewtwo arrives to bring popular DLC demand to Nintendo so much and we'll never stop until they give up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom