• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Troubleshooting Guide 3.5

Excasteal

Smash Rookie
I just redownloaded project M 3.5 after trying 3.6 (which didn't work for me) and it now takes me back to the wii menu every time I hit play. I updated it through the launcher and tried using a different SD card (both are proper 2gb standard SD cards). I am running the hackless full-set. I think the problem is that the root menu of the SD card is wrong (it doesn't match the picture) but I don't know how to fix it (where the files that should be there are).
The root of the sd card has these files:

private
projectm
boot.elf
gameconfig
info
RSEBE01.gct

I have altered nothing from the download off the project m website. The game used to work until I wiped my sd card and got 3.6, then I switched back to 3.5 and now it doesn't work. I also downloaded the media fire version that was linked in this thread, and the same thing happened (although it didnt have RSEBE01.gct file in it) - when I hit play, it returned to the wii menu. I think the main thing is that the "codes" folder is missing, though I could be wrong. What should I do?

Last edited:

E-Bits

Smash Rookie
NNID
ATX_99
3DS FC
4227-3942-6156
I'm having trouble starting the game, whenever the words and stuff appear on my screen after selecting stage builder, my screen freezes on the green and purple screen on my Wii. I've reformatted the SD card and tried a reinstall. Any ideas on what to do? Side note: Project M was working before, now it isn't.

Last edited:

Hollywoo

Smash Rookie
I need some help. I have an NTSC Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl. One 2GB SD card and the Wii Full set version of Project M. I have tried to re download Project M many times. The SD card is formatted correctly because when I try to play PM on my WiiU it works, but when I put it on my Wii the menu that says "play, Update, About, and Exit" when I hit any of the above I am forced into a black screen that sits there and won't load the game. The strange thing is when I try PM on my WiiU I can hear music on that same menu. My Wii is disconnected from the internet. I have also tried this with the project M 3.6 Beta and got similar results. is there anything further that I can do? I just got the Wii yesterday and it is very new so I doubt that the Wii is the problem. Please help I want to play PM on a game cube controller because the Wii remotes are very hard to practice tech skill with.

Red Pittoo ~ Rekt

Smash Apprentice
I have downloaded PM to an SD card and the game runs perfect until certain things happen. When trying to play training mode, I can get to the stage select, select a stage, and then the "Ready to Fight" pops up, but the stage never loads. When I play an actual versus match, I can play through the match perfectly! But when the match ends, it goes to a completely black screen and I have to unplug the back of the Wii U in order to shut the system down. When I end the match through a pause and go to the no contest screen and continue forward, it sends me to the brawl character select and after being there for a bit, it starts to make a loud noise and the only action I can take is to again unplug the back of the system. Yes, I am using a Wii U to do this but when I played past versions it worked perfect on the Wii U. But then suddenly it just started to do this so I stopped playing PM for a while. Then this latest version, downloaded with new SD, is doing the same exact thing. I have a theory that my game disk is to blame but I'm not 100% sure because I haven't used a different disk as of now. I am writing this to see if anyone has had a similar problem or knows how to fix it OR if my theory is correct. EDIT: I tried to use a different wii u and a different sd card and a different disc and it still crashes Please help if you know anything, thanks!

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
How are you loading the game? Have you tried deleting everything on the SD card and redownloading? If you're using the PM launcher, try replacing it with Gecko OS 1.9.3.1, making sure your hooktype is set to AXNextFrame. I highly doubt it's a problem with your disc; if it were, it would probably just say "the disc cannot be read" or something. The Wii U part of this is pretty unimportant, as Wii mode functions exactly the same as a Wii with a different IOS. So reply with more info/try what I suggested and report back.

PistolitaRoja

Smash Rookie
I have PM with a NSTC ISO loaded by USB Loader Gx
When match ends it freezes and y have to reboot my Wii
Also I can't pick Dreamland cuz it freezes at the beginning with a loud sound
I tried deleting custom results and touching other stuffs
As a result if I put
Ocarina: in
Return to: homebrew channel
Bloq IOS reload: Y es
VBI (default)
And Error02: Y es
I can play one match, but after that it turns to normal Brawl
I'm running out of ideas

Danyellow

Smash Rookie
when i boot up project m, everything works. but the problem is that whenever i start a match, it crashes. any ideas on how to fix it?

Top Bottom