• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Troubleshooting Guide 3.5

Gokuthe3rd

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jingle_Bells3
3DS FC
1375-7727-0742
Ok so I followed the steps on the video on Smash Academy and I downloaded the nohomebrew file. I'm trying to get Project M 3.5. I have the copy of brawl and the SD card is ready. At first Exception DSI kept happening (Which for anyone else having that problem just turn off wifi settings for the wii) Now it works. However, after every match I have, when the "This Game's Winner IS:" thing is supposed to happen the screen just goes black and I can't play. Please help me!

Gokuthe3rd

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jingle_Bells3
3DS FC
1375-7727-0742
You should let everyone know what you did to figure it out, to help future people who might have the same problem.
Oh well for me, the main problem was that I was trying to play a single match but I had two controllers connected, the one I was using was a gc controller and there was a wii remote also connected as I was trying to play against a lv 9 cpu. I simply disconnected the wii controller and it worked fine except for a couple freezes. I hope this helped.

Claytonic

Smash Rookie
I am having trouble playing Project M. When I go to stage builder, it eventually goes to the screen that says Play, Update, etc and at the top of the screen has a scrolling message saying connecting.... I can't move the cursor on this screen and in a few seconds it goes to a black screen with text on it saying some exception has occurred and freezes.

Funny thing is I was able to get Project M up and running once before and played it with no problems for a couple hours. But that was only that one time.

Can anyone help me?

I am using 2GB SD card on Wii U. I've reformatted the card, restarted, tried putting the SD card in on the Wii mode menu, tried it in the Brawl Title screen, on the Brawl main menu....

Claytonic

Smash Rookie
Wow, that fixed it. Thanks! Little annoying I'll have to erase my wireless internet settings on my wii u every time I want to play this.
Wish my old wii still worked so I could have a separate dedicated machine for it.
Thanks!

Sergio Maldonado

Smash Rookie
When i try to enter to proyect m, i click play and it send me to the wii system menu.
anyone with the same problem?

MaxThunder

PM Support
When i try to enter to proyect m, i click play and it send me to the wii system menu.
anyone with the same problem?
http://i.imgur.com/qXYCP7x.png Check through this...

Wow, that fixed it. Thanks! Little annoying I'll have to erase my wireless internet settings on my wii u every time I want to play this.
Wish my old wii still worked so I could have a separate dedicated machine for it.
Thanks!
if you don't wanna delete the settings you can set up a connection that doesn't work and switch to that to play PM...

Yung_Echo

Smash Rookie
I'm having a problem with getting project m to work on my wii. I downloaded the hackless fullset and put it on my sd card, but when I put it into my wii and start stage builder... nothing happens. I have all custom stages deleted, the sd card is formatted to fat32, and I even did an entire reinstallation of the files onto my sd card. One thing I did notice is that after taking the sd card out of my wii is that there are loads of new weird files in the codes and private folders. Also, there is nothing in the project m folder. I'm sure this means that something is going wrong, but I can't tell what. Can anyone help me?

MaxThunder

PM Support
I'm having a problem with getting project m to work on my wii. I downloaded the hackless fullset and put it on my sd card, but when I put it into my wii and start stage builder... nothing happens. I have all custom stages deleted, the sd card is formatted to fat32, and I even did an entire reinstallation of the files onto my sd card. One thing I did notice is that after taking the sd card out of my wii is that there are loads of new weird files in the codes and private folders. Also, there is nothing in the project m folder. I'm sure this means that something is going wrong, but I can't tell what. Can anyone help me?
Have you tried downloading it again?..

delphi116

Smash Rookie
trying to setup PM on my friends wii, downloaded the homebrew setup but it just sends me back to the system menu when I try to play it. I think it's because the wii isn't updated to 4.3 (it's at 4.2). However, when I try to update it I get the 32004 error (internet is fine, disabled update blockers). any ideas?

MaxThunder

PM Support
I tried the other download link, and the same thing happened as before.
that is really weird... is your internet connection really unstable or something?..

trying to setup PM on my friends wii, downloaded the homebrew setup but it just sends me back to the system menu when I try to play it. I think it's because the wii isn't updated to 4.3 (it's at 4.2). However, when I try to update it I get the 32004 error (internet is fine, disabled update blockers). any ideas?
the launcher doesn't work on 4.2 so you'll either have to update (if you can't do that through internet you can check if you or someone you know have a game released after the 4.3 update, or you can look up how to update through homebrew... not sure how safe the latter is, though...) or use a alternate launcher such as gecko os...

jraft15

Smash Rookie
I am struggling to get Project M working. Every time I boot it up it takes me to the launcher and after about 5 seconds it tells me "Exception (DSI) Occurred". I have a 2gb sd card, I've done multiple reinstalls to the root of the sd card, even when I turn off my internet and press play, it loads Brawl. The weirdest thing of all is that Project M was working fine about a week ago. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

MaxThunder

PM Support
the DSI exception should be fixed by disconnecting from wifi... as for it loading brawl, are you sure you've installed PM correctly?.. and your card isn't locked, right?..

jraft15

Smash Rookie
Yeah, i have rsbe01.gct in the codes folder which is in the root of the card

Last edited:

jraft15

Smash Rookie
No, but the weird thing is that project m was working fine a few weeks ago on this sd card. @ MaxThunder MaxThunder One thing I should also mention is when it loads Brawl from the launcher, the character select screen is messed up. (Ex: there are 2 Warios, there is Squirtle, Charizard and Ivysaur and the Pokemon Trainer is still there). Whenever you start up a match the game crashes.

Last edited:

MaxThunder

PM Support
No, but the weird thing is that project m was working fine a few weeks ago on this sd card. @ MaxThunder MaxThunder One thing I should also mention is when it loads Brawl from the launcher, the character select screen is messed up. (Ex: there are 2 Warios, there is Squirtle, Charizard and Ivysaur and the Pokemon Trainer is still there). Whenever you start up a match the game crashes.
ok the sd card is definitely not being read properly so i'm guessing it went bad... that can happen sometimes... you will probably have to get a new one...

ncw14

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble getting Project M 3.5 to work for my Wii. When I go into Stage Builder, Project M boots up fine. I click play and once its gets past the website and to the part where it says loading in the bottom right corner the screen goes white and my Wii starts making a strange sound and seconds later I get the message "An error has occurred please press the eject button and remove the disk. turn the wii console off and refer to the manual." Im using a 2gb SD card this has happened multiple times. I have re-downloaded the Hackless Wii version multiple times and reformatted the SD card multiple times. I'm not sure how to fix this issue.

yourwifeandkids

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2036-6894-1918
So far I have my Wii hacked and everything set up just right. I've been playing 20XX off of SD for quite a few months, but I've run up against a wall as far as getting Wii backups to run from USB.

- I'm using WiiFlow to boot GC games from SD, and (failing) to boot Wii games from USB. All WADS and CIOSs on my Wii are up to date, etc.
- I have a 32 GB Sandisk USB drive with Brawl and PM on it. They are both formatted to .wbfs, and I formatted the drive beforehand with WBFS manager.
- When I try to boot either brawl or PM from the USB, it hangs, then the wii decides it wants to boot from disc instead. Either I have no disc inserted and it hangs forever, or I have Brawl inserted and it just boots vanilla Brawl.
- I get a white loading bar at the bottom of the screen when it loads from disc.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Last edited:

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Don't really know if I should make a thread (this the right place for this?). Playing PM on dolphin (laptop) with the community netplay build. In debug mode, the z button still activates grabs/aerials even though it shouldn't. I am trying to make a frame data thread and this is putting a hamper on things. Is there a known solution to this?

Dan.FoxTrot

Smash Rookie
NNID
dangerousAviator
hello! im having trouble playing project m 3.5 online on my wii. my friend was able to do it so i tried my hand but i had the short end of the stick. i have updated through the launcher and "installed" the add on, "official pm wifi add on". now when i select the online option, it says "Error Code: 60000". any help?

Top Bottom