• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Troubleshooting Guide [2.6]

BNX

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the 3.5 Homebrew Full Set zip. file, but my computer can't extract it! And then I find that I have some random download page bookmarked on the bookmarks screen of my computer for something called PMPE. The page looks similar to this one download page for a patch this youtuber talked about that was needed to get homebrew PM, or something like that, so I download that. I open it and it looks like the kind of stuff you're supposed to put on your SD card. it's Project M stuff. As I suspected, when I put that SD card in my Wii and load up Homebrew, there's a PM launcher available. So I select load, and... It takes me to the Wii's home menu... I feel helpless at this point! Please help me! I know that I'm posting this a little late, but PLEASE!!!!!!!

Cyntonic

Smash Rookie
So I decided to download Project M for my old Wii. I had absolutely nothing on it and the SD card that I own is 2GB, NOT SDHC and is unlocked.
I extracted all 5 files onto the SD card using WinRAR, safely removed it from my computer.
I booted up my Wii, put Brawl in (Which has no custom stages on it as well as any kind of save data), put my SD card in and started Brawl.
But whenever I go to the stage builder it just acts normally like the SD card with PM on it wasn't there.
I have followed tons of steps and tutorials and it just doesn't work.
I have BootMii and I formatted my SD Card to FAT32

Lord Horatio

Smash Apprentice
My gamecube controller isn't working for PM 3.6. It works perfectly in Brawl and it works in the menu that loads before launching PM, but as soon as PM loads it stops working. Do you know what's up?

DeltaX820

Smash Rookie
HELP!!!!! We have super smash bros and an SD card, but every time I put the mod on the card and launch it from homebrew, the normal intro comes up and nothing has changed except for the fact that when I open Brawl, music from K.K (the dog from animal crossing) comes up and when I click start, the stages on the normal stages screen are normal and on the melee stages screen, THERE IS A THOUSAND OF ONE STAGE! I tried every method of installing the mod but I always get the same result (EVEN WHEN I DELETED ALL OF MY SMASH PROGRESS!)! What should I do?

Top Bottom