• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So, I have PM working for me on dolphin, but I don't know how to get mods up and working. The only thing I don't think I have is that SD file. Is that what I need?

broliftic

Smash Cadet
Where do the electroware and plumber history songs come from? They're some of my favorites from the build and I want to download them.

tan(90

Smash Apprentice
That's why i changed the OP now :)

Also, I made my first shirt design! http://teespring.com/thekidisdirty please check it out if you get the chance guys!
Yay! And I think Chiptune 2 is from Cave Story. It's the outer wall theme, I think?

Also I replaced all of the .sawnd files with the original PM sawnds, and edited the common5.pac to change the pics back to normal. Other than that great modpack!

Frozen oven

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0430-8580-0975
Thank you a lot for keeping the "what is" and "what is not" tourney legal in mind. My super strict competitive friends will be on board.

Juken

Smash Ace
Do you know how to install this for dolphin? Wanna have improved graphics over wii version, and easier access. Also maybe a version combined with the 78 stage mod I mentioned in a thread I made?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Do you know how to install this for dolphin? Wanna have improved graphics over wii version, and easier access. Also maybe a version combined with the 78 stage mod I mentioned in a thread I made?
Dolphin Installation:
0. Have this build in a folder in your desktop.
0.5. Copy the "Gecko 1931" folder to anywhere of your choosing.
1. Install Winimage
2. Download This SD card maker for dolphin/winimage
3. Run the SD card maker and make a 2GB virtual SD card.
4. Put the SD card in this folder: C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.
5. Open the SD card with Winimage
6. Choose "Image" then "Inject folder" and look for the folder that contains this build's main files, the folder that you choose should have "background.png" in it.
7. Wait for it to inject and then save the virtual SD by doing file save or CTRL+S, whatever floats your boat.
8. Close Winimage and open dolphin.
9. Right click your Brawl ISO file and choose "Set as default ISO"
10. Go into dolphin's config files and then choose the "Wii" tab.
11. Check "Insert SD card"
12. Close the settings and in dolphin's main window, choose "Open".
13. Go into the "Gecko 1931" folder that you copied and select "Boot.elf".
That's it. The sd.raw file is essentially a virtual SD card, you can even mod it to your liking just like a normal one, it's how I develop my mods because you can test it easily and quickly.
For more information on hacking via dolphin, follow My video tutorial on it.

I'm gonna sticky this post to the OP so others can see it.

Juken

Smash Ace
Oh, sorry. Was used to these things only having tutorials for Wii. But is it possible for me to easily combine this witht he 78 stage mod I mentioned?

Like you said I can mod it to my liking, but do I just take the files from the mod I'm referring to and then merge it with yours, replacing any duplicate files?

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Oh, sorry. Was used to these things only having tutorials for Wii. But is it possible for me to easily combine this witht he 78 stage mod I mentioned?

Like you said I can mod it to my liking, but do I just take the files from the mod I'm referring to and then merge it with yours, replacing any duplicate files?
Do what I do for everything, try it and see the results! My build has a lot more modified misc. files that I can't remember so I just say try it.

Juken

Smash Ace
I've done as you said, but I'm still getting this error upon installing your build using your instructions. It opens as a green screen, then when I press start the error shows up...

I know I used nus to make a wad that I installed, but I dunno if that's what's causing the problem. I'll also mention that the one time I got the mod to work, it was just default brawl, but it had the Project M Theyath build logo at the beginning. Am I supposed to merge your mod with the default project M before injecting?

Juken

Smash Ace
It works now, but I'll inform you that for some reason, Diddy kong's female skin has bugged eyes. It looks like something's clipping through the pupils. Maybe it's the shades from the other skin, but it looks really weird.

NeroFerk

Smash Rookie
Um I do know know if it is your mod of the mod or the mod itself, but when I go classic mode It will freeze on vs team whatever. Only 2 people show up at a time and the last one never shows, when you restart it will stay on the pause screen and not get out of it. In boss battle if Rayquaza is after the 5th boss he will have super invincibility and super quick moves.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Project M isn't compatible with the rest of the modes in the game, most crash or freeze you in some way.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Um I do know know if it is your mod of the mod or the mod itself, but when I go classic mode It will freeze on vs team whatever.
But @ Ryztiq Ryztiq I thought the PMBR made it in 3.0 to where if you try to access those modes it takes you to the training stage instead or something to avoid it freezing like it used to?

Roze

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3437-3568-4642
Hey, which .sawnd is for Game & Watch?

Juken

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to pack this into an iso to play it on netplay, like how you would for project M on the netplay tutorial for the game?

Edit: Nevermind, I actually got it to make an iso using the same method as installing pjm. I'll see if netplay works.

Last edited:

Exor

Smash Cadet
Yo Theytah it was a blast meeting you at Shuto Con over the weekend. Thanks a ton for hanging out with us on Friday and introducing my buds and I to your build, we're all still enjoying the hell out of it!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Yo Theytah it was a blast meeting you at Shuto Con over the weekend. Thanks a ton for hanging out with us on Friday and introducing my buds and I to your build, we're all still enjoying the hell out of it!
No prob! I love spreading mod related joy around, I hated that lady that kept telling me to stop using my own setup though, not like I was disturbing any of the unused setups that were just sitting around with afk diablo games running, lol.

Exor

Smash Cadet
No prob! I love spreading mod related joy around, I hated that lady that kept telling me to stop using my own setup though, not like I was disturbing any of the unused setups that were just sitting around with afk diablo games running, lol.
Yeah man, when we went back on Sunday they even told us to stop using our own controllers on the Melee setups because there were no tournaments going on... smfh lol

Imbusioux

Smash Rookie
Hey Theytah what are the chances of you upgrading the number of stages?
I tried taking everything of your build and putting it on a 78 stage build, and it worked kinda. All the stages worked except the stage icons were behind the random and page 2 button. Also they were not sorted properly so they were squeezed into the bottom half of the screen (following the same format as your build, but with 39 stages a page)

Top Bottom