• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

N00B64

Smash Cadet
ok, I feel like an idiot for asking this because it is probably something really simple, but I've already wasted 5 hours trying to figure out how to do it.

I was wondering what file I have to open and which sub-file I have to replace with my custom logo to have it appear in the bottom middle of the screen like in picture above. (the big APEX 2014)

thank you for your time

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Some of the stages including Skyloft, Hyrule Castle 64 , Fountain of Dreams, vs Bowser don't work for me. Its just comes up as a big black background and the characters are just walking on top of an invisible stage. Also Corneria 64, MewTwos Stadium , Autumn Falls froze the game.

I am current going through all the stages to see which ones don't work.
You need the correct module files.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
ok, I feel like an idiot for asking this because it is probably something really simple, but I've already wasted 5 hours trying to figure out how to do it.

I was wondering what file I have to open and which sub-file I have to replace with my custom logo to have it appear in the bottom middle of the screen like in picture above. (the big APEX 2014)

thank you for your time
make an image with the same dimensions and replace the current logo with it using CMPR encoding

Kyle Strand

Smash Cadet
NNID
soccer_tennis11
I am currently trying to get the build to work, but have no success. I have deleted most of the songs and redownloaded it multiple time, but still have had no success. I can get through the stage builder fine, but it reverts back to the brawl settings. I open the character screen and it looks like the PM set-up, but still in brawl.

Kyle Strand

Smash Cadet
NNID
soccer_tennis11
I am currently trying to get the build to work, but have no success. I have deleted most of the songs and redownloaded it multiple time, but still have had no success. I can get through the stage builder fine, but it reverts back to the brawl settings. I open the character screen and it looks like the PM set-up, but still in brawl.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
make sure you don't have over 1.8 gb of data on it, as even though itll fit on the card 1.81 is usually around the limit

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
yes they are, I've installed it on countless systems so I know the problem isnt the build :/

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Ok, so Im trying to use the build, but the thing collapses along the way. The menu starts out fine, and so does the CSS. But after I choose a stage, the music isnt correct. The stage is fine. So I decide to quit the battle to see whats wrong. The no contest screen/victory screen is brawls (Whitish background, and not the Project M Chilling Room) The menu stays the same, but the music goes back to brawls. I choose the stage start the match and everything has been reverted back to brawls original form. Then the game freezes.....

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Ok, so Im trying to use the build, but the thing collapses along the way. The menu starts out fine, and so does the CSS. But after I choose a stage, the music isnt correct. The stage is fine. So I decide to quit the battle to see whats wrong. The no contest screen/victory screen is brawls (Whitish background, and not the Project M Chilling Room) The menu stays the same, but the music goes back to brawls. I choose the stage start the match and everything has been reverted back to brawls original form. Then the game freezes.....
Does the music sound somewhat speed up?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
try defrag

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I meant which image is it, what is it called and which subfolder in while file is it in.
Open up common5.pac via projectm/pf/system
Open sc_selmap_en
Open MiscData[20] then Textures(NW4R)
File is bg_icon at the bottom

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
and in default P:M which doesn't have a file named that in that any subfolder of commen5?
Sorry, just edited my previous post just in case someone else reads it.

Open up common5.pac via projectm/pf/system
Open sc_selmap_en
Open MiscData[20] then Textures(NW4R)
File is bg_icon, all the way at the bottom of the folder

Last edited:

Kyle Strand

Smash Cadet
NNID
soccer_tennis11
Still can't get the build to work properly. I can load it through stage builder, but it always looks like brawl and freezes on the character select screen. I have already tried deleting songs to free up space and redownloading the whole thing, but with no success

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
If you're using a usb loader then i have no idea if itll work, since I didn't build it to support that.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
It's unlocked. I have also tried it with no songs to see if it was the size issue, but that wasn't it
How are you installing it? Are you just taking everything from the zip and extracting it into a blank SD or are you overwriting the vanilla 3.02 PM at all with this build? Can also try defragging the SD card, Theytah has links just above these posts on how to do it.

Last edited:

Kyle Strand

Smash Cadet
NNID
soccer_tennis11
How are you installing it? Are you just taking everything from the zip and extracting it into a blank SD or are you overwriting the vanilla 3.02 PM at all with this build? Can also try defragging the SD card, Theytah has links just above these posts on how to do it.
I have been just transferring the files from the zip to a blank sd card. I have also tried the defragging and formating

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
try following the instructions in the OP
You mean these?
Installation Instructions:
  1. Download the pack.
  2. Get a 2GB SD card. (Size doesn't matter if you have homebrew.)
  3. Format that SD card.
  4. Put all files inside the .zip that you downloaded into the SD card.
  5. (Only if Needed) Delete some songs to free up space. (Check the songlist to know what you're deleting, songs are stored in "projectm/pf/sound/strm/")
  6. (Optional) Defrag your SD card.
  7. Ready to play!
Ive pretty much done all of this, and I have no clue why it isnt working. Ill just redownload the build and see what goes down.

Boltr24

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same problem as SuperMii3D, I've tried to defrag my SD Card but windows won't let me, I've formatted it, download the dev build and the current one and tried them independently of one another, but to no avail as no matter what whenever I launch the game through the Gecko launcher provided it boots up regular brawl.

But all I really wanted from this build was the costumes for characters. How would I go about transferring them to another build?

Edit: NVM I've found out how to change some skins. Sucks that I couldn't get this to work because the rest of it looks pretty sweet as well

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Cj

Smash Rookie
When I downloaded the build and placed it on to my sd card, it loaded but then told me that I need 4.38 mb to download the rest of the build. So I was wondering if you could tell me about some files I might have to delete so it can fit and work right still. (My sd card is 2gb and has nothing else on it)

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Yo the camera on Clocktowerville is all messed up. I had to fix this mid-tournament. Just thought you should know it needs updated. It's completely unplayable.

Last edited:

Kyle Strand

Smash Cadet
NNID
soccer_tennis11
I finally got the build to work. I didn't know that naming the sd card something related to Project M would mess up Project M, but Im happy to have got the build to finally work

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Yo the camera on Clocktowerville is all messed up. I had to fix this mid-tournament. Just thought you should know it needs updated. It's completely unplayable.
Which version did you download? I've fixed that camera issue a while ago.

Top Bottom