• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Super Smash Sunday: Round 2 Results - November 10th, 2013 - Walnut, CA

Zolom

Smash Apprentice
Thank you all for being so patient. Without further adieu, here are the results for Super Smash Sundays: Project M - Round 2!

Singles:
1: Fly Amanita
2: DEHF
3: DSF
4: Aer0
5: WiR K9
5: OkamiBW
7: Heysuess
7: Mach
9: KP
9: Ripn
9: Disqo
9: Raqu
13: IPMan
13: GMI
13: 3 Years
13: KiraFlex
17: Humble Dojo
17: Ham
17: Zolom
17: Aggro
17: Ipunchkids
17: Usopp
17: Royal
17: Scott Pilgrim
25: Amass
25: Darth
25: DZen
25: Flying Tortoise
25: Zman
25: Mac
25: CT Tyrant
25: CFP
33: Kdash
33: Sure Y Not
33: Obrien
33: Pelor
33: Phillip
33: Asitwaswritten
33: Dodger
33: Dburr
33: Lazy
33: Leon
Link to Bracket

Doubles:
1: PMBR (OkamiBW & Fly Amanita)
2: Shark Kings (DSF & CT Tyrant)
3: Too Sexy (Ripn & Aer0)
4: KP & Larry
5: Melee Salt (Scott Pilgrim & Mach)
5: Yes Chef (Royal & 3 Years)
7: Aggro & KiraFlax
7: Az
9: Obrien and Cruz
9: Lazy & Asitwaswritten
9: Darth and Usopp
9: Forever Midtier (Raqu & Pelor)
Link to Bracket

With those posted, there are many thanks and shout-outs to be had. First and foremost, once again a great thanks to go out to the Super Arcade and their staff for hosting our tournament. Without their help it certainly wouldn't be possible. They made our stream happen and went far beyond that, staying open nearly a full 2 hours past closing just so we could finish our crew battle. A thanks to all attendees, for staying fun, respectful, patient, supportive, and understanding throughout the tournament. I am so incredibly proud of our community, its simply something I cannot say enough.

A shout out to some folks who directly helped out the general flow of the tournament. Corey Fields (Mach), David Lee (Humble Dojo), and Kenny Kong (Kdash). These individuals are always at the ready to make sure what needs to happen at the tournaments gets done in a quick and very efficient manner.

An extra special shout-out to Armando Gonzalez of the Super Arcade staff for taking good care of our stream as well as the overall venue and tournament experience. Not only did he ensure the best quality and efficiency of the stream itself, but he saw to it that all of the stream viewers were happy and content with the chat and what they were watching and hearing. Keeping our community mature, respectful, and all around fun is of great importance to me, and he did a terrific job portraying just that.

A major shout-out to all the Sandy Boys (each of you know who you are, Aer0, Ripn, 3 Year, Royal) for always putting on a good show, supporting all other players, showing great interest in the community itself, and always willing to assist in whatever needs to be done.

A 600+ viewer (first stream!) shout out goes to Adam Oliver (Strong Bad) and anyone else that encouraged others to watch our stream and support our community. A shout out to Jeremy Westfahl (Fly Amanita) and Rob Schueller (Okami) for consistently showing up to our tournaments, (and taking our money!) providing SoCal PM with prestigious names, for always keeping a friendly face, and always willing to give their support.

A shout out is definitely earned by Cameron Thompkins for providing his insight into the matches and giving the stream watchers some great commentary. He not only made matches fun to watch, but really worked with our other commentators.

A shout out to the folks from Arizona for coming out and providing us not only with some wicked competition, but for pulling in a second stream, and recording another entire half of our matches. I look forward to working with all of you again.

Finally, and I can't stress this enough, I huge thanks/shout out/AWESOME goes to every attendee and every fan of our SoCal PM community. A community simply isn't a community without each and every individual. Setups were aplenty and support was always offered. Thank you all so, so much for showing such a genuine interest in what we are building.

Overall, the tournament was a great success. Friendships were made, relationships were built on, matches were heated and fun, and support was found on every set up. On my way out of the building I am bombarded with "thank yous" and support from every player, and my gratitude for that is more than you know. Thank you.

Keep an eye out for the next (3rd) tournament at the Super Arcade in Walnut, CA! I am Zolom and I am prepared to answer all your questions, take all your requests, hear all your advice and support, and more so than all and ever, pelt you with as many arrows as I possibly can. As a single request, I ask that all players commune with one another, practice and get those fingers at the ready, and bring your A-game to our next installment. I surely will be!

Top Bottom