• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Project M] Strange Errors When Using Gecko codes (DVDLowRead : _BufferOut == 0)

Wooggle

Smash Apprentice
I recently wrote a gecko code for Brawl in the following format
C2XXXXXX 00000002
AAAAAAAA BBBBBBBB
60000000 00000000

The code works perfectly in Brawl and there are no problems, but when I try to use it in Project M, I get one of two errors. The first is a popup that appears at this screen which says "DVDLowRead : _BufferOut == 0" which proceeds to crash the game and the second is that the code works fine, but the CSS is messed up with only the brawl starting characters unlocked.
I doubled checked the memory addresses that the code affects, and everything is identical in Brawl and in Project M, so I have no idea what is causing the errors.
Also, if I insert the code by manually branching using a few lines 04XXXXXX code, it works perfectly and there are no problems.

Note: I am using Dolphin and I have no idea what would happen on a real console
I am using an iso that I built by following this guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/proj...ay-setup-optimization-guide-3-5-ready.346700/
Does anyone know why these errors are happening or what they mean?

Last edited:
Top Bottom