• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(Project M) Stage Loading Times

Internet Coma

Smash Rookie
Ever since I have had Project M , loading into stages has been a problem.

I'm running a SDHC 16 GB card , running off homebrew, using Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: Lucky Number 7.
It is not the version of PM though, I had the vanilla Project M and it did the same
The game itself works perfectly but it is sorta of annoying to having to wait 20 seconds to get into a game.

I made a video showing it to make it clear
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP4AWAgU4fg

Now the actual video itself, the map only took 10ish seconds, which is on the shorter side, but I digress.

If anyone knows a solution or a suggestions, just hit me up!

Thanks,

Coma.

EDIT***

I actually forgot to add something!

When in stage select, if I back, the game takes about 10-15 seconds to get back to character select.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Long loading times are normal for SDHC cards. I don't remember them being quite that long though (then again, the biggest card I've used is 8gb). What do you have your card formatted as (including allocation unit size)?

The easiest solution is to get a smaller SD card. Last I checked, GameStop sells 2 GB cards for $3

Internet Coma

Smash Rookie
Long loading times are normal for SDHC cards. I don't remember them being quite that long though (then again, the biggest card I've used is 8gb). What do you have your card formatted as (including allocation unit size)?

The easiest solution is to get a smaller SD card. Last I checked, GameStop sells 2 GB cards for $3

I believe it is FAT32

I'm not quite sure about the allocation size, I would check but people are playing PM at my house at the moment.

But now that you mentioned that, it probably is the SD then.

Although, my friend has the exact same SD card (16 gb as-well) and he has no problems.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I believe it is FAT32

I'm not quite sure about the allocation size, I would check but people are playing PM at my house at the moment.

But now that you mentioned that, it probably is the SD then.

Although, my friend has the exact same SD card (16 gb as-well) and he has no problems.
Check the allocation unit size when you have time. It should be 32KB.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Hey it worked!

How does the allocating size effect the game?
I'm not too well versed in the technicalities of this, but here's what I've gathered:
The allocation unit size determines the size of the blocks of memory. This is the minimum file size you can have (even files smaller than this will be scaled to that size). On computers, you usually want to keep the block size small so you don't waste space. Smaller block sizes do mean that the data takes longer to search through (since they have to deal with more blocks). With day to day computer use, you probably won't notice any slowdown. On a Wii, however, you will.

SinusStudios

Banned via Warnings
Found this thread via Google as i had pretty much the same problem! Even after this long time :D
Thanks Sandfall Sandfall =) Was there any mentioning of this in any PM guides? It sounds like i just missed this...

Top Bottom