• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
My dear friend is moving back to Madison for college.
So, we hung out with some of the old gang last night and played Smash again.
Too many memories, too much fun. I'll miss them until we, inevitably, come together again and put that old disk in.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
yo, pms. i remember someone was working on making mockups for a gc-fight stick hybrid, but i don't remember who it was.

am i getting dementia in my old age? or was this a thing and who was it?

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
yo, pms. i remember someone was working on making mockups for a gc-fight stick hybrid, but i don't remember who it was.

am i getting dementia in my old age? or was this a thing and who was it?
This is the only real one in existence that I know of.
Edit: There's also PCB mods that support a Gamecube mode.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
hrmmm... not what i was thinking of at all. cool then.

this is what i was thinking. literally half a gc controller, then half a fight stick, with a cstick down near where your thumb would be for flicking.

really rough, obviously. the gcc portion is mostly to scale (tried to trace around one i had at home).

also, no real way to create this at this point, just an interesting thought exercise.

cstick i feel should be modular or on some sort of movable and lockable platform, to accomodate different handsizes.

Attachments

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
i literally just found one in 5 seconds
why do you give up so easily son

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
hrmmm... not what i was thinking of at all. cool then.

this is what i was thinking. literally half a gc controller, then half a fight stick, with a cstick down near where your thumb would be for flicking.

really rough, obviously. the gcc portion is mostly to scale (tried to trace around one i had at home).

also, no real way to create this at this point, just an interesting thought exercise.

cstick i feel should be modular or on some sort of movable and lockable platform, to accomodate different handsizes.
Frankenstein. Storing that would be a pain. lmao. I do like the existing mods though. I enjoyed their thought process about the solutions they had for the c-stick and D-pad.

Edit: He posted a demo video not too long ago today actually!

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Hope you and her have a good time.
Did you get the happy ending groupon
Spa day was AWESOME! I've never felt so relaxed in various ways and areas that I didn't even know were possible. D:

And the water park was great, too. First time on a water slide and I went so :4sonic: that I tore open my

But it was tons of fun, so I ain't gonna let it get to me.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So
I want to tell Smash 4 Social about Discord.gg since @ Soul. Soul. kept talking about how we should make a S4S Skype, and I've wanted a Smash 4 Social IRC, but
"Repeatedly bringing the users of this thread to offsite discussion (Skype, IRC, etc) has been an issue. As this is considered leading users to a service as an alternative to Smashboards, it's against [Smashboard's] Ad Policy."
Which was largely instated as a result of us continually talking about some alternate form, usually after someone got infracted for poop posting.
I don't see anything I can do.

Last edited:

Soul.

So
I want to tell Smash 4 Social about Discord.gg since @ Soul. Soul. kept talking about how we should make a S4S Skype, and I've wanted a Smash 4 Social IRC, but
"Repeatedly bringing the users of this thread to offsite discussion (Skype, IRC, etc) has been an issue. As this is considered leading users to a service as an alternative to Smashboards, it's against [Smashboard's] Ad Policy."
Which was largely instated as a result of us continually talking about some alternate form, usually after someone got infracted for poop posting.
I have nothing against the rules the S4S has but when people think Skype will kill a thread that's when I hit a wall.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
So
>Wants to reduce ****posting.
>Won't let you redirect people to another place so they can ****post there.
今何をしているの?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

God damnit max I thought you already had people breaking your door down.

Why the hell aren't you teaming with Cam?
hes teaming with a luigi from florida

i waited to make sure i was going before securing a teammate

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
There is something funny about the fact what may be the worst/most popular running thread on this site is the one freaking out about having some of its traffic reduced. It may actually become tolerable over there and we can't have that.

Meanwhile at the PM section, many character boards are ghost towns while their mains Skype about them and nobody cares.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Even though I have no intention of ever joining a potential Smash 4 Social skype group, I do think it'd be a good idea, or at least shouldn't be so against the rules to talk about it. I don't ****post and never have, I much prefer the actual serious conversations we occasionally had over there.

And to think that it would kill that thread is kind of silly.

+1 Post count.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
There is something funny about the fact what may be the worst/most popular running thread on this site is the one freaking out about having some of its traffic reduced. It may actually become tolerable over there and we can't have that.

Meanwhile at the PM section, many character boards are ghost towns while their mains Skype about them and nobody cares.
I think it's fair... somewhat... maybe not actually.

I guess the amount of activity is what makes it special. Although it really does bog down the quality. Hell, the reason I'm here isn't because I play PM but because S4S ain't got no chill. You write one post and before you're done there's already 10 other posts. Chat would pretty helpful. Would it be wrong to spread a Discord through private messages?

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
Is this just a really good joke, or something serious?
If you're talking about my post and not the game, it's obviously a joke.

What is surprising is that there is a tiny community that takes this game seriously and has frame/hitbox data on certain characters and comes up with ATs and stuff like that. And it's all been relatively recent (like ~6 months).

I just thought it was pretty funny when I stumbled onto it. I just saw part of a set between Red Riding Hood and Gingy and the game has been played so little that they sometimes discover ATs as they play. lmao

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
If you're talking about my post and not the game, it's obviously a joke.

What is surprising is that there is a tiny community that takes this game seriously and has frame/hitbox data on certain characters and comes up with ATs and **** like that. And it's all been relatively recent (like ~6 months).
Yeah, the game. Like that forum isn't serious right? It's all a big joke? No? People take this seriously? I-I guess I shouldn't talk, I play Smash.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
No one would think that someone would take seriously the mobile port of SFIV because there's already a console version with more things and because you don't see anyone talking about it anywhere, but there are combo vids, there are replays in youtube, there are best moments and other compilations, there are tier lists, there are tournaments, there are teams and the official site is still going strong.

People playing any game seriously, no matter how much of a joke or whatever it is, shouldn't surprise anyone. If there's something relatively good out there, someone will take it seriously. That's a fact.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Paragon is now the second biggest PM tournaments of all time? lmao dead game?

47 (!) more entrants (at the time of writing) to tie it with the biggest PM tourney of all time.

Can we get it?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Listening to the Pranger podcast, at the part with the Fox VA being depressed over the feedback about his voice in Smash 4.

I feel kind of like a jerk now for disliking it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So
Well I did say the Smash 4 mods were a bunch of pansies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Listening to the Pranger podcast, at the part with the Fox VA being depressed over the feedback about his voice in Smash 4.

I feel kind of like a jerk now for disliking it.
If you don't like it, you shouldn't feel bad about it. However, it is sad to hear that he is depressed over it.

I personally like the voice, granted there are things I feel need fixing, but I think the voice fits Fox nicely. This is coming from someone who's only entry into the StarFox series is StarFox Assault. That was a long time ago.

Well I did say the Smash 4 mods were a bunch of pansies.
I don't think that's fair to say. The Smash 4 section is the most active section on the site, they sorta have to be strict. PM can be lax because it's not nearly as active.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Narpas sword knows his stuff. I ain't even mad.

I just had a heated half-hour debate with my mother about why the world isn't flat. Sometimes, I just can't with this woman.

Last edited:
Top Bottom