• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
@Odds_ you look so good wtf

in other news i started playing heroes of the storm and it's surprisingly good given my dislike of blizzard balancing

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
shoutouts to reddit getting btfo
shoutouts to snapzu if youre looking for a new place to actually talk about things in calm manner

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
@ FPSWalrus FPSWalrus

How goes your elswording career?
To be honest, playing with you was a gateway drug. After playing with you I got back with some guild members I've been with since 2012.... and alot of them have moved to league. I had the balls to finally man up and level my character... to 69 (kek) and get a nice S rank for PVP.
I haven't downloaded it yet on this laptop but I probably will soon because I want to try Lu/Ciel.
Thanks Saito.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
i haven't played elsword in forever but i've been considering getting back into it because dfo isn't cutting it, sadly

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
i haven't played elsword in forever but i've been considering getting back into it because dfo isn't cutting it, sadly
Don't do it.

That game is awful and I don't know why I'm still playing it.

To be honest, playing with you was a gateway drug. After playing with you I got back with some guild members I've been with since 2012.... and alot of them have moved to league. I had the balls to finally man up and level my character... to 69 (kek) and get a nice S rank for PVP.
I haven't downloaded it yet on this laptop but I probably will soon because I want to try Lu/Ciel.
Thanks Saito.
You should of quit while you had the chance.

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Don't do it.

That game is awful and I don't know why I'm still playing it.
either:

a) you put money into the game for avatars and you don't want that money to be wasted,

b) you have a lot of friends who still play the game and you find it worthwhile to interact with them, or

c) secretly you find the game fun as hell, it's just badly designed and every time something comes out you want to just quit but you remember why you started and it's fun anyway

for me it's mostly a) and slightly c).

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
god, biased/uninformed/generally ****ty commentary on my sets is so insufferable
especially when it's a set I lose. Those are the ones I go back and watch the most, sometimes dozens of times, to identify issues I've made that have let me be opened up either in neutral/over extending punishments/etc, and having to hear the same awful commentary over and over and over and over is terrible. Sometimes I just avoid watching that video more than a few times, which is a bad idea if I want to learn but ugh
And as I'm typing this I realized I could just mute the video and play some music ffs why didn't I think of that earlier

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
god, biased/uninformed/generally ****ty commentary on my sets is so insufferable
especially when it's a set I lose. Those are the ones I go back and watch the most, sometimes dozens of times, to identify issues I've made that have let me be opened up either in neutral/over extending punishments/etc, and having to hear the same awful commentary over and over and over and over is terrible. Sometimes I just avoid watching that video more than a few times, which is a bad idea if I want to learn but ugh
And as I'm typing this I realized I could just mute the video and play some music ffs why didn't I think of that earlier
i actually stopped listening to all commentary in any smash game around the release of 3.5 because i lost interest in hearing people talk about the game because it's generally not insightful and if i want insight these days, i'd rather send footage to character mains and hear their input

that and you can only hear the same thing about the same characters so many times

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
i actually stopped listening to all commentary in any smash game around the release of 3.5 because i lost interest in hearing people talk about the game because it's generally not insightful and if i want insight these days, i'd rather send footage to character mains and hear their input

that and you can only hear the same thing about the same characters so many times
We had recent commentary at one of our more stacked events (TPT II) where on every one of my sets, several times, the commentator said something to the effect of "ROB used to live to 200%, but now they nerfed his weight and you can see he's not living to 200%".
Like, okay, ROB lost two points of weight. It makes virtually no difference. He dies maybe 5% earlier off the sides? He survives even longer vertically thanks to his fall speed increase lol, probably by like 10-20% depending on the move. And generally speaking it decreases crouch cancel percents by less than 2%, equally insignificant. But he just kept bringing it up and citing (almost praising) the change as if it was relevant.
I honestly don't know why the change was made, not that I care, it seems like it basically doesn't matter; even most throws don't gain a single frame of reduced endlag on ROB from that.

Last edited:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
@Vashimus saw Inside Out
Good movie, standard when it comes to Pixar quality of being well put-together and stuff.

Makes me wanna watch their legendary 6 or whatever they are.
Finding Nemo da bess.

@ DrinkingFood DrinkingFood I always watch with sound off if the commentary isn't top-notch within the first minute.
I don't watch vids often, so I don't really recognize anyone or know who's good, but generally you'll get more out of it with sound off the first time through anyway, can always turn it on if you're going for round 2-whatever you do.

Cheese was hard.
Exploded because I made it too high.
Stayed up until... 3 hours ago to finish it cooking on low heat.

Turned out great.
Tastylifecheesecakemaking

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Should I just buy the newest expansion of Starcraft or should I get all 3. The only thing I get out of the earlier ones is the story :/
The story is bad-ish compared to SC1, especially the presentation.
Source: I played all them many times and muh opinion.
The gameplay is also inferior to Brood War in many, many ways, but it's different in that SC2 is proportionally more macro oriented, but has about the same absolute amount or less of important strategy / macro decisions to make, yet FAR, FAR less important micro decisions to make. Having a good macro will take you much farther than having comparable micro, so comebacks of the sort of well-micro'd scourges vs science vessels or the complex positional game of tanks vs a 'toss ground army are incredibly rare.
It's comparable of Melee to Brawl. Maybe not quite so bad.
But there's Starbow, the PM of Starcraft, :D

Side note on other RTS: Planetary Annihilation is actually a decent gameplay game now, and Company of Heroes 2 is getting the Brits soon. Lol Grey Goo.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
c) secretly you find the game fun as hell, it's just badly designed and every time something comes out you want to just quit but you remember why you started and it's fun anyway
A bit of C for me. The base / foundation makes it a very fun and unique game, but I get the feeling that they believe that the only they will ever make money is to make every new character far more powerful than the other ones, which can eventually lead to a boring PvE where most, if not every boss's existence was to become a damage sponge (oh, and super armor its way out too, I guess).

It is also unfortunate that most of the active / passive skills aren't tweaked to fit it's PvP mode (with the execption of a few, like Meditation for EMs), which can lead to some very skewered matchups or stupid situation, such as those moves that can lock on you from fullscreen like Dread Chase, etc.

However, I haven't played the game in a while, therefore I have no idea of there are any changes that could potentially pull me back.
(Besides, DFO still got me on lock)

In other news :

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
either:

a) you put money into the game for avatars and you don't want that money to be wasted,

b) you have a lot of friends who still play the game and you find it worthwhile to interact with them, or

for me it's mostly a) and slightly c).
It's none of those. It's the fact that it's elsword and we can't leave.
I left once. Left for a year total. Saito invited me to play again. I relapsed.
d.)the drug is too stronk

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

So can we have the Shadow Assist Trophy replaced with Obama?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
aaaand, just got signed up for calc III. hopefully the rumors of it being simpler than calc II are true.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Something like c.

Great stuff, but ****ing holy **** these devs don't know how to balance anything.
Even the new content while it is usually worse jank than 3.0 PM; it isn't even half as bad as the biggest problem to plague NA; lag in the arena.

I don't care how overpowered the new classes are, the skill differences in elsword vary far more than that of smash despite having characters whose matchups could probably be worse off than vbrawl ganon vs metaknight. So regardless of that you can still win.

But this game cannot be reasonably called fun half of the time when about 70% of the people you fight have bad enough lag where they just phase through your attacks.

I don't even secretly enjoy this game, I ****ing love it.
But if people didn't have dial up connections when playing, or didn't resort to cable pulling, I'd really enjoy it and only criticize it for it's awful balance and the companies cash shop decisions.

A. That company's marketing strategy is so disgusting that to this day I still haven't spent a cent on the game. People have given me kching though. But I won't even support a game that literally gives players a significant advantage in pvp for $9 (skill slot B) and $8 (Magic Necklace)

B. I don't have any friends in elsword ;_;

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
hey i just wanted to say, its been two years since i started playing pm, with 2.6, and i really want to thank the PMDT for giving us such an amazing game for the fans of smash, i can say without doubt this is my favorite version of any smash (and the update just keep making it better and im pretty sure we can expect huge updates in the future making greater the gap of how much i prefer this one over all others). just yesterday i was over at a friends house basically playing PM with 4 others all day long, this has given so many hours of fun and enjoyment so again, thank you PMDT/PMBR!! for everything you have done for the community!!

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well, someone posted their tournament on my tournament thread...

Sm4shers >_>

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Something like c.

Great stuff, but ****ing holy **** these devs don't know how to balance anything.
Even the new content while it is usually worse jank than 3.0 PM; it isn't even half as bad as the biggest problem to plague NA; lag in the arena.

I don't care how overpowered the new classes are, the skill differences in elsword vary far more than that of smash despite having characters whose matchups could probably be worse off than vbrawl ganon vs metaknight. So regardless of that you can still win.

But this game cannot be reasonably called fun half of the time when about 70% of the people you fight have bad enough lag where they just phase through your attacks.

I don't even secretly enjoy this game, I ****ing love it.
But if people didn't have dial up connections when playing, or didn't resort to cable pulling, I'd really enjoy it and only criticize it for it's awful balance and the companies cash shop decisions.

A. That company's marketing strategy is so disgusting that to this day I still haven't spent a cent on the game. People have given me kching though. But I won't even support a game that literally gives players a significant advantage in pvp for $9 (skill slot B) and $8 (Magic Necklace)

B. I don't have any friends in elsword ;_;
yeah some of that might actually be lost on me in terms of my overall experience because i've been more of a pve rather than pvp guy for a very long time when it comes to mmos...i was building battle seraph specifically for pvp though so i get where you're coming from (the loop was broken when i played)

the marketing strategy is terrible but i'll admit i still bought some avatars because goddamn they were cute

no friends in elsword? i'd play with you if i started up again even though i'm a scrublord ;w;

Bazkip

Smash Master
Is there a download of the 3.6 stock icons anywhere? I can only find downloads for the 3.5 icons. Could rip them myself but I imagine someone must have done it already, no?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
yeah some of that might actually be lost on me in terms of my overall experience because i've been more of a pve rather than pvp guy for a very long time when it comes to mmos
Good luck friend, they've changed PvE heavily as well recently.

It's a lot tougher than it used to be so you best be ready to bring your A game.
and Accuracy stones.
Lots and lots of accuracy stones.

no friends in elsword? i'd play with you if i started up again even though i'm a scrublord ;w;
:>

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Good luck friend, they've changed PvE heavily as well recently.

It's a lot tougher than it used to be so you best be ready to bring your A game.
and Accuracy stones.
Lots and lots of accuracy stones.

:>
one of my friends told me about the changes and i'm actually happy about them because the whole reason i wanted to stop in the first place was because despite liking pve, it got so boring really quickly once i just started auto-partying my way through the game =w=

<3

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
I got into an argument with the melee-loving version of bleck on melee hell today

it's been a bad day for ya boy
Why does anyone i find on /smashbros or even /melee always have that kind of ****ed up attitude? Like seriously. It's a fast ass game if you know how to use it, but it isn't some kind of gold for you to say it's better than something everyone can win.

Also CLASSES ARE OVER AND GOT A B+ TOTAL ON MY GRADES. Time for some Costco.

Last edited:
Top Bottom