• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
As much as I'd like to, probably not, a weekend in toronto, even with housing, is pretty expensive for an unemployed student.
Ah I hear you, its pretty costly for me to get down there regularly too, just its probably less. Plus the weather lol

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
*just finished playing online on the 3DS* Me too. I ****ing hate it. >_>

And yet I'll never play PM online or with other people because no matter how good I get, I know I'll get destroyed and that's just no fun to me. At least I can actually figure out how characters work in PM, though. I haven't the slightest ****ing clue how people can move so fast in such a slugfest like Sm4sh.

Then again, I'm just salty because I was having pretty even matches most of the day until I played someone else and lost every match with the last one being against my own main. Completely rekt by a 16 year old.

I really should actually practice at Sm4sh. Too bad I don't feel the urge to now that the Wii U version is out.
You should play pm netplay, it turns you into a reading god

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Muh smash bunduru finally came in. I can finally let my friend go home and stop using a wii u pro.

IT'S TIEM.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Oh **** lol, dunno if I can do a trip to Montreal, got assignments and stuff due the monday and tuesday. Then theres the factor of money and god knows i cant make that happen

I'll watch the stream if anything

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Speaking of tournaments in Canada, I wonder if The Come Up might have a PM side event. I just realized I'm going to be in Toronto the same weekend that's happening, I guess I'll go lol.

@ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax find out if that's a possibility and then come fite me.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I forgot to mention this last week but can we please just stop a moment to appreciate the fact that on the stream of DYFWI, an Apex 2015 esport national qualifier, we had a player named Slamitinmeoniichan face off against a player named Sempaineverpullsout?
W h a t

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Speaking of tournaments in Canada, I wonder if The Come Up might have a PM side event. I just realized I'm going to be in Toronto the same weekend that's happening, I guess I'll go lol.

@ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax find out if that's a possibility and then come fite me.
I'm going to that for Smash U, but I'll ask Joe if that can happen cause we need to Ganon ditto

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
VOD plz I must hear the commentary on slamitinmeoniichan vs senpaineverpullsout
http://www.twitch.tv/showdowngg/b/589216017
Around the 1:10 mark.
Tafo and I think Zhu are commentating.

At one point
Tafo: This is interesting. If you have an unbreakable wall and an unstoppable force, then what happens? But then this guy is openly willing to be broken into and the other guy is the one breaking in, sooo...

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
http://www.twitch.tv/showdowngg/b/589216017
Around the 1:10 mark.
Tafo and I think Zhu are commentating.

At one point
Tafo: This is interesting. If you have an unbreakable wall and an unstoppable force, then what happens? But then this guy is openly willing to be broken into and the other guy is the one breaking in, sooo...
My comp has been out of service for months at this point, so I'm on mobile. Is there a YouTube link? Or can I really not watch vods on the twitch app?

Vashimus

Smash Master
Played Smash 4 and PM for hours

The GC controller really does make a helluva difference. It's just sooo much fun (especially 8 player Smash) and the game is gorgeous as ****. Not gonna go serious with it, but I'd definitely play it again.

Kinda minor, but you can charge Smash attacks with the C-stick now by holding the stick rather than letting it go.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
My comp has been out of service for months at this point, so I'm on mobile. Is there a YouTube link? Or can I really not watch vods on the twitch app?
There isn't a youtube link, and you can't watch vods properly on your phone. I was thinking about uploading it though lmao

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Played Smash 4 and PM for hours

The GC controller really does make a helluva difference. It's just sooo much fun (especially 8 player Smash) and the game is gorgeous as ****. Not gonna go serious with it, but I'd definitely play it again.

Kinda minor, but you can charge Smash attacks with the C-stick now by holding the stick rather than letting it go.
I'm not sure how 8 player Smash is fun, not that I've played the game yet

C-stick to Z was easy enough, You now lost the ability to know you're getting a Smash frame perfect (beyond them coding it badly to apply direction input in the air or whatever)

... What did I just...?
Thanks Japan

No wait, this is a good video saying what I've been trying to say. Hatsune Miku and stuff are all evil.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
We put a lvl 9 cpu luigi into our melee weekly bracket for funsies
he took a set in winners
I don't know how to feel about this.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Getting OR later today. Work prevented me from getting it today. Can't wait to wreck **** with Sinnoh Pokemon in Hoenn. Last good gen in my honest opinion. Played Smash 3DS and hate the game play. Smash Wii U is still so damn sluggish, and I'm convinced the Big N may patch out more AT in the future. No thanks.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Holy **** classic is so tedious
**** that roulette
**** the Master doge

i'm just here spamming DK dsmash through all my matches and got myself 8 custom moves in one run, LOL. Proud of myself

The game is hella sexy, and I'm not sure what the issue with the c-stick is. Only bad thing is dtilt out of crouch if you c-stick down instead of dsmash (which you shouldn't do in this game, lol)

Wii U pro is a good controller, but not a Smash controller. I won't be getting serious til I get my hands on an adapter.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
The game is super fun, the Smash Tour game is actually hilarious and fun to play with 3 others and it surprised me honestly.

Still getting use to the gameplay style in this versus PM. It's tough but manageable, but it's still only the first/second day of playing so we'll see. And I also fear the removal of ATs because "user-friendly" and it kinda sucks. However, we still have those pivot-tilts out of dash so maybe all is not lost. I wonder if anything remarkable was found with controller changes.

With 50 plus characters there's bound to be some sort of Zap Jump thingy.

EDIT: Guys Smashville is a stage ... RIGHT?! PLEAAAASE

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
oh god that ME!ME!ME! video is addictive as ****, all those colors and music holy ****

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
wolf is ridiculously fun holy ****. i've been going back and forth with monk in wolf dittos and we just keep reverse four stocking each other. most fun i've had in a while. my hands are starting to hurt lol. #SpaceAnimalLife

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Why doesn't every character have a super low landing lag aerial like Shulk and Mario (and a couple others)? SHFF Nair with Shulk is so insanely fun to do and sooo good. I did SHFF Nair x2 into Fair (probs not true, don't care lol) and I'm like, I could get used to this. The changes to Ike's DTilt are hella nice as well. Just wish some stupid junk was removed (like all C-Stick jank and rolls).

Top Bottom