• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Reloading Brawl?

ADV492

Smash Rookie
I've been playing with Project M for about a week now using the hackless version even though my system is hacked. Everything worked just the same, it was perfect. I've got a load of new character skins and custom CSP's and all that business but I went ahead and did a very silly thing. I tried to customize a skin for Link myself, making his appearance closer to that of his appearance by the end of A Link to the Past. I exported the textures and changed em up with Paint Shop Pro and replaced them over the dark Link costume. Viewing the model with brawl box was fine, it looked great in my opinion, but as soon as I started up the game he appeared as he normally does in Brawl and the game froze. I removed the files and restarted but now after the Project M title screen it just reloads back to Brawl's menu. Exiting back to the title it says Brawl again. The character and stage select appear as they do with Project M and custom CSP's appear but any time a match is started it counts down and freezes. I've tried numerous ways of formatting the SD card and using the installer but it keeps doing this same thing. As far as I've seen no one else seems to have or had this problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Does the freezing happen before, during, or after the CSS?

Do any songs in your My Music freeze the game?

Have you tried defragmenting your SD card and reformatting to FAT32?

And made sure that the file directories were accurate? (For example, SD:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf)

ADV492

Smash Rookie
Freezing only occurs when a match is started. I haven't added any new music and I used the preset installer for Project M so all directories were correct. The only thing I haven't tried is defragmenting or formatting to FAT32 I'll see how that works out.

-

No go, still acts the same.

ADV492

Smash Rookie
Tried everything with the switch in both positions. All stages freeze as soon as the announcer would say "Go!" And even though the stage select screen resembles the Project M version, the stages are all Brawl defaults. Such as selecting the Metal Cavern would bring me to the Mushroomy Kingdom. I wish I had some sort of capture card to demonstrate these problems. That would be nice.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
It might be your SD card or Wii's SD card reader going bad. Try using a different Wii and/or different 2GB SD card and see if the problems are fixed.

Also it doesn't have to be a capture card, you can use a phone or a camera, or a potato for all we care, as long as we can see it.

ADV492

Smash Rookie
You know, that never even crossed my mind. I had it in my head that it had something to do with faulty programming or anything like that. But yeah new SD Card works perfectly as does my texture so thank you for your help.

Top Bottom