• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
With regards to character skins, there a a few skins that are fun, but... have shrunk the character in size and caused an imbalance in tourney play in quite a few matchups and I've noticed players venting frustration about it during my last tourney. (I mentioned this before.)
So far I've noticed:
-Baby Bowser
-NES Style Mario
-Blue Pokemon Pikachu
-and more I cant remember
I'm not asking you to remove the small skins, but if you were to ever replace a skin in 3.5 I'd start with all the mini characters. but if their hit/hurtbox could be identical to the original models, that would be very good toward making the characters aspect of 3.5 more viable for tourneys. Im going to take some time and compare all original skins with their alternates to see if there are other size issues (too big or too small).

-I really appreciate you offering to bring the CSS back to stock (would be nice to have the pixel art character images with no text version :D) as it will fix the issue with having to unplug controllers to disable a character. And once the creator fixes the Pillar CSS please bring it back (we all love it).

Also with regards to a tourney viable SSS, I appreciate you offering to make it without the CEP so that the Random selection will work. But, before you do that please test and see if you get the Brawl Stage Manager trick to work with the CEP and IF so then please release detail how to do it so I may be able to do it in my current build. (or you could offer the files individually as an option for those who want Random Stages to work, or not. Like you gave options with Triforce Ganon). If the Random doesn't work with CEP then I'll try to come up with a list for a stock CSS for page 1 and 2 using widely accepted PM tourney stages including some of the great custom stages in 3.02-11b and any in the future 3.5 build.

And so far thats all I've wanted to add. IF you plan to replace some skins or stages with new ones please try to post a teaser list so we may all offer our suggestions because it'll help if I knew if you were adding other tourney viable stages.

Thanks for reading my wall-o-text and for showing up in the stream earlier today! Looking forward to 3.5!

Nomzr

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something, would it be possible to simply import the models and character portraits into vanilla Project M by simply taking a full download of PM, your pack, and moving the respective files over to vanilla PM and replacing the already existing ones? Would this work? If so, what would I replace and what would I need to look for?

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
My friends and I have so much fun with your build, Patt. Thanks for the awesome collection of mods!

MarillMau5

Smash Rookie
I just thought of something, would it be possible to simply import the models and character portraits into vanilla Project M by simply taking a full download of PM, your pack, and moving the respective files over to vanilla PM and replacing the already existing ones? Would this work? If so, what would I replace and what would I need to look for?
Its very doable, What you need to do is take Patts Pf/Fighters folder and replace it over Vanilla Project M, then you need to open Patts Common5.pac and take the base folder inside of all the potraits and extract it and import it into Vanilla Project M's Common5.pac. (it wont be 100% unless you can find where the mini faces are in the common5pac) This would just work nicely over the character select not in game where he added the faces.

OR you can just place all of vanilla project M's files over patts except the common5 pac and pf/fighters section.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Its very doable, What you need to do is take Patts Pf/Fighters folder and replace it over Vanilla Project M, then you need to open Patts Common5.pac and take the base folder inside of all the potraits and extract it and import it into Vanilla Project M's Common5.pac. (it wont be 100% unless you can find where the mini faces are in the common5pac) This would just work nicely over the character select not in game where he added the faces.

OR you can just place all of vanilla project M's files over patts except the common5 pac and pf/fighters section.
Awesome, thanks.
Common 5 also holds my stage information so if your trying to do the vanilla stage amount things may get wonky! But give it a try! I got into modding by running into freeze after freeze and finally figured it out! Have fun :)

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
I Need Help I Have everything (I Think) Downloaded I put it in my wii with no hacks on it and it didn't work AT ALL

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
I Need Help I Cant Download it I downloaded it do the sd card u put it in my wii WITH No Homebrew no geeko no NOTHING And it didn't work do I have to download homebrew/geeko to get it to work

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If it's not working at all, check that:
* You're not using a PAL (EU/Aus/NZ) version of Brawl
* The SD card is unlocked (the switch on the left isn't pulled down)
* The SD card is formatted as FAT

Last edited:

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
Nvm Ill Test That PAT Thing out for myself How do i make sure the sd card has like the FAT Or whattever thing on it

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
1. stop double-posting. If you have something to add to a post, edit it.
2. If you bought your game in Europe, Australia, or New Zealand, it's most probably PAL. To be sure, check the disc, and PAL will be written on it. If not, you're good.
3. To check if the SD card is formatted correctly, check the card's Properties (right-click it in the file manager). In the "General" tab, "File system" should be "FAT32". If not, you need to reformat it. Right click -> Format... -> make sure "File system" is FAT32. This will wipe the card, so make sure you back up your files first.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Check the SD card properties. Some cards (such as PNY ones) are labelled as 2 GB, but are actually 4 GB.
(why do they do that anyway? Is it a genuine error, or do they expect to benefit from it somehow?)

Last edited:

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
Okay But Also When you put replay's on the sd card dont they only save to 2gb cards or can 2gb cards with actoly 4gbs work? And where do i check to see the gb's it has on it

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Check the SD card properties. Some cards (such as PNY ones) are labelled as 2 GB, but are actually 4 GB.
(why do they do that anyway? Is it a genuine error, or do they expect to benefit from it somehow?)
I encountered this and I reported it to the walmart manager so they dont order that stock anymore, i was furious after 8 pairs i bought were like this. jaja

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
No But how do i tell if it is a 2gb card with 2gigs or a 2gb cards with 4gs And Dosent project m ONLY Work with a 2gb card?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Last edited:

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
I Dont see anything for how many gigs it has because there are already things on it Want me to say all the files that are on the sd card and you can see if this is like right or not

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
@ PokemonBattler523 PokemonBattler523 Does it freeze at stage builder or doesn't it just doesn't work at all?

@ Patt Anderson Patt Anderson , Can I make a suggestion? Can you add emerald skins at the actual Emerald slots for your build? Even though this is more of a gimmick idea, but being able to select Emerald skins would be cool. (Then I better start preparing for the Idea itself.)

Last edited:

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
No It Just Stays On Stage builder No Stages In There at all It just sits there like 'HEY GUYS MAKE A STAGE ON ME" Even when the sd card is in there

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
But Do you need to know what is on the SD Card because dont know and 2 Was it like that for you but you had to just sit there and wait for like a minute or 2 on stage builder for it to load

Last edited:

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
But Do you need to know what is on the SD Card because dont know and 2 Was that like that for you but you had to just sit there and wait for like a minute or 2 on stage builder for it to load
Yeah. You should check with the .rar to make sure you got everything. "Insert your SD card after giving brawl a good 15 seconds and then wait another 15 seconds before launching stage builder." is also
is a another method for the problem you're having.

Waiting for a min (or a 2, I don't know) and inserting your SD Card on Brawl after giving Brawl a good 15 second are the 2 methods to solve your problem.

PokemonBattler523

Smash Cadet
NNID
toonlinkfan
How Do I Check The .RAR? What I Have On The SD Card Is Apps Codes Private Project M Backround boot.elf and gameconfig

Last edited:
Top Bottom