• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I did exactly the same on dolphin 4.0-5396 but it still doesn't work...
EDIT: I'm a noob and forgot to check "Insert SD card" (facepalm)
EDIT 2: Nope, still not working.
Most likely IOS 36 installation failed, try reinstalling.

(From: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-updated-first-post-how-to-play-brawl-project-m-etc-unofficial)
First, open NUS Downloader.

*If you're using a Nand backup of a Wii in which you use GeckoOS, you probably don't need to do this step.
GeckoOS will ask for IOS 36 if you need to do it.

1. Click on database>IOS>0000000 100000024 - IOS 36>latest version.

2. Make sure "Pack WAD" is check marked and click "Start NUS Download!" You can click the floppy disk to choose a save destination.

3. You're done with NUS Downloader. Close it and move on.

-Dolphin settings-

Now let's open Dolphin. Once again, follow these simple steps:

1. Right click Brawl's banner and set it as default iso.

2. Click "config". In this menu, click on "Wii" and make sure "Insert SD Card" is check marked.

3. Go to the "Tools" drop-down menu and select "Install Wad." Find the IOS 36.wad you just created with NUS Downloader and install it.

All you need to do now is click on Open, find that GeckoOS folder I told you to keep around and open its boot.elf or boot.dol file. After this, you'll get a warning message from Dolphin. You can ignore this with no problem or disable it altogether by unchecking "Use Panic Handlers" under the interface tab in the Config menu.

When GeckoOS loads up, just select "Launch Game" and your mod should load up. There's an issue in which GeckoOS fails to use the File Patch Code correctly. If it happens to you often, This is easily fixed by going to GeckoOS' "Config Options" and changing the "Gecko Hook Type" to "AXNextFrame."
You can try out other hooktypes, but this one seems to work without issues. It may have some slight graphic issues at times, but it's nothing major.

Last edited:

xGYARA

Smash Rookie
Most likely IOS 36 installation failed, try reinstalling.

(From: (link))
First, open NUS Downloader.

*If you're using a Nand backup of a Wii in which you use GeckoOS, you probably don't need to do this step.
GeckoOS will ask for IOS 36 if you need to do it.

1. Click on database>IOS>0000000 100000024 - IOS 36>latest version.

2. Make sure "Pack WAD" is check marked and click "Start NUS Download!" You can click the floppy disk to choose a save destination.

3. You're done with NUS Downloader. Close it and move on.

-Dolphin settings-

Now let's open Dolphin. Once again, follow these simple steps:

1. Right click Brawl's banner and set it as default iso.

2. Click "config". In this menu, click on "Wii" and make sure "Insert SD Card" is check marked.

3. Go to the "Tools" drop-down menu and select "Install Wad." Find the IOS 36.wad you just created with NUS Downloader and install it.

All you need to do now is click on Open, find that GeckoOS folder I told you to keep around and open its boot.elf or boot.dol file. After this, you'll get a warning message from Dolphin. You can ignore this with no problem or disable it altogether by unchecking "Use Panic Handlers" under the interface tab in the Config menu.

When GeckoOS loads up, just select "Launch Game" and your mod should load up. There's an issue in which GeckoOS fails to use the File Patch Code correctly. If it happens to you often, This is easily fixed by going to GeckoOS' "Config Options" and changing the "Gecko Hook Type" to "AXNextFrame."
You can try out other hooktypes, but this one seems to work without issues. It may have some slight graphic issues at times, but it's nothing major.
Nothing seems to work. If i press "Launch Game" I still get the error, If I try to change gecko hook type, it automatically hangs my dolphin. I hate to say it, but I think I will never be able to play.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Nothing seems to work. If i press "Launch Game" I still get the error, If I try to change gecko hook type, it automatically hangs my dolphin. I hate to say it, but I think I will never be able to play.
Try the latest edition of Dolphin and install the latest version of Gecko, make sure to load Gecko1931>HBC>Boot.elf if you load Dol>Main.Dol it might appear to load but it will hang upon trying to load anything. It might be your problem but if that doesn't work I'm not sure what to tell you but make sure you are using NTSC/USA brawl cause PAL doesn't work.

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
ive already done the above sucessfully: merged 3.5-1 and the CEP 6.5m from the kc:mm thread. in the thread libertyernie gives intructions on what to replace to keep character portraits and such. his instructions work. If you'd like to wait, i should have 3.5-2 with the CEP up in less than 30 days from now.
Hey, no rush, but I am just wondering how progress is coming?

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Hey, no rush, but I am just wondering how progress is coming?
No gonna lie, the last 2 weeks ive started a new job and my time and energy has been focused on making sure i learn my duties and stuff. I would like to say that i have time on the weekends to work on this but I've been decompressing from being new to my job. The stress is going away fast though, as I get more used to it I will be able to restart progress and finish 3.5-2.

Shadowespio

Smash Rookie
How come you got rid of the previous alternate skins like Alphonse, Mickey, Chao when they were already completed and running in game. The newest version doesn't show those characters for me so I think you need to update the link t the newest version because it's not linking me to this version

IonescoBasco

Smash Rookie
Yo, shouts out to Patt for all his work over the last year or so and answering so many questions.

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
Call me crazy, but does anyone on this site still have PMPE for 3.01? I still have a liking for many of the additional stages placed within that version which I cannot seem to find in the current one.

Mystic Fang

Smash Rookie
Hello! I am quite curious on how I would go about replacing some of the skins (nothing against you Pat, just don't like Mickey being in there) using the Dolphin setup. The game runs fine, but I just want to change some of the textures.

Solstar82

Smash Rookie
Hello! I am quite curious on how I would go about replacing some of the skins (nothing against you Pat, just don't like Mickey being in there) using the Dolphin setup. The game runs fine, but I just want to change some of the textures.
same here.i'd like to know how to add stages and skins,since a lot of them have been unexplicably cut and i'd like to add them back or add some brand new

Shadowespio

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have the old file, the one with Alphonse on it, and the one with the sonic characters, I want to play with that version

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I for some reason can not get the hackles version to run. I play with my Smash group who has not hacked their Wii yet so hackles just takes time and for some reason. Once its extracted, it doesn't seem to recognize anything. Stage Builder is just there chillin'

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Mr. Wang

Smash Cadet
NNID
beards101

Current to: November 16, 2014 12:54PM PST
Everything is uploaded! Let me know in the comments what you think or if you find any bugs. Errors when trying to download are fixed by disabling Adblock temporarily.

Here's a video demonstration!

Project M 3.5
Custom Menu/Icons/Music/Characters/Stages

Works with:

NTSC Hackles Wii
NTSC Hacked Wii (requires manual installation)
Gecko OS
Dolphin Emulator

This is a compilation I have gathered of the coolest character models and UI updates and placed them over top the awesome Project M 3.5. I did none of the modeling, I only gathered the models. It doesn't freeze (or it shouldn't ;)), and all the CSP and BP's were custom fitted by me. This serves as a great spring board for any new or veteran brawl hacker to put their own characters/stages in. It is not WiFi safe.

Each character has a different model with each of its costume changes. Characters are still balanced to Project M 3.5, but the different textures allow for any player to choose from hundreds of different characters. (Please note that I don't change movesets and all movesets are balanced to the most recent version of Project M 3.5)

Please report any strange behaviour or glitches you find to this forum page! It helps!

Enjoy!

Hackless Wii Installation (WII/WIIU Video Tutorial):

Download the Hackless Wii Zip
Get an SD card.
Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked removing any files that may be located on the card).
Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
Put ALL the files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
Put SD into wii
Start up brawl
***Make sure all custom stages are deleted from console and card***
Go to stage builder
Gecko should activated within a few seconds
If freeze occurs and you can't back out of stage builder pull the power cable and try again (don't worry nothing bad happened)
On gecko screen hit press A without changing options
If wiimote turned off and did not turn back on you are probably using a wii motion plus inside remote. These are known to not work well so use an old wiimote.
Pack should say hype blah blah
Start screen should have Patt Anderson logo
If you cannot select lower half of the pillar CSS characters you did not follow these instructions correctly so add ALL the files in!

Ready to fight!

Note: If your songs glitch mid gameplay, remove all songs from the SD card and then re-add them back. Works for me!

Root of SD should look like this:

Homebrew Installation (PC Tutorial)

Dolphin Installation (MAC/PC Video Tutorial):
- Download the digital sd card
- Download the boot.elf

- Rename sd(WAHTEVER IS IN HERE).raw to sd.raw and place that sd.raw in (for windows)

C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.

- Open dolphin emulator
- Right click your Brawl ISO file and choose "Set as default ISO"
- Go into dolphin's config files and then choose the "Wii" tab.
- Check "Insert SD card"
- Download THIS file
- Go to Tools/Install WAD
- Go through process (should be really fast)
- Close the settings and in dolphin's main window, choose "Open".
- Go to the boot.elf you downloaded and hit enter
- Enjoy!

CURRENT PROGRESS FOR -1
Characters
- - - -
Sorted Through All Characters and chose “best ones” only a few were lost!
Removed Smash 3 Link due to freezing (all other smash 3 characters up to date, will update more in the future)
Kept a few new PM Alts
Character list will be up soon
Stages
- - - -
Remove Orpheon for Pokefloats
Remove flat zone 2 for Gunbound
Remove skyloft for Bell Tower
Remove pictochat for Dive To The Hour

UI
- - - -
Changed CSS
Added PMPE Logo
Updated Random Switch
Updated Music Selection screen

Songs
- - - -
Gunbound
R04 Entering Gunbound
Q04 Before Battle
W14 Battle Theme 1

Pokefloats
D04 Vs. Trainer
D08 Bicycle Ride
D07 Vs. Champion
D06 Technomon
D09 Johto Theme
D10 Kanto Theme

Bell Tower
W03 Pokemon Remix
W26 Initial Battle Remix

Dive To The Heart
R02 One winged angel
R10 Savage Frolic
R11 Rage Awakened
R15 Above the Rising Falls [Hollow Bastion] (OC ReMix)
R16 Night of Fate
R17 Enter the Darkness
R13 Guardando Nel Buio
R06 Having A Wild Time
W20 Deep Anxiety

KNOWN GLITCHES
- None
STATUS
- UPLOADING

Still need to add CSPs for PM Alts into IMGUR. Going to double check roster tomorrow, but it's roughly all up to date.
Mario

- - - -
Luigi
- - - -
Peach
- - - -

Bowser
- - - -

Yoshi
- - - -
Wario
- - - -
Donkey Kong
- - - -
Diddy Kong
- - - -
Captain Falcon
- - - -

Olimer
- - - -
Wolf
- - - -
Fox
- - - -
Falco
- - - -

Zero Suit Samus
- - - -
Samus
- - - -
Zelda
- - - -

Sheik
- - - -
Link
- - - -

Toon Link
- - - -
Ganondorf
- - - -
Mewtwo
- - - -
Lucario
- - - -

Pikachu
- - - -
Jigglypuff
- - - -
Squirtle
- - - -
Ivysaur
- - - -

Charizard
- - - -
Pit
- - - -
Marth
- - - -
Ike
- - - -

Roy
- - - -
Lucas
- - - -
Ness
- - - -
Ice Climbers
- - - -
Meta knight
- - - -
King DeDeDe
- - - -
Kirby
- - - -
ROB
- - - -

Mr. Game and Watch
- - - -
Snake
- - - -
Sonic

SSS PAGE 1
SSS PAGE 2

Gunbound
R04 Entering Gunbound
Q04 Before Battle
W14 Battle Theme 1

Pokefloats
D04 Vs. Trainer
D08 Bicycle Ride
D07 Vs. Champion
D06 Technomon
D09 Johto Theme
D10 Kanto Theme

Bell Tower
W03 Pokemon Remix
W26 Initial Battle Remix

Dive To The Heart
R02 One winged angel
R10 Savage Frolic
R11 Rage Awakened
R15 Above the Rising Falls [Hollow Bastion] (OC ReMix)
R16 Night of Fate
R17 Enter the Darkness
R13 Guardando Nel Buio
R06 Having A Wild Time
W20 Deep Anxiety

Menu
W30: 8 Bit Melee Theme
X01: 8 Bit Smash 4 Theme
X02: PM 3.5 Theme
X03: Smash 4 Theme

Why did u make luffy an alternate costume for marth?

Dan Daniels

Smash Cadet
Hey since the Pack is now permanetly discontinued, can y'all still be able to download it into your sd cards?

BenTheTeenTitan

Smash Rookie
i have a question that im sure quite a few people might want the answer to:
Project M has announced that the PAL version is almost complete, so when it is and released, will it be possible for Patt Edition to get a PAL version as well? :o

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Here's some of the replacements of CEP Expansion stages I've made so far (let me know if you have any thoughts): added Theytah's Rainbow FD for PM 3.5 over FD, it's a hybrid of the Rainbow FD from Melee 20XX Training Pack and PM's FD. Both forms of Castle Seige have been replaced with 2 forms of Dive to the Heart (the old 3.5-1 version with Dracula's Castle's platforms, and the wider, flat version). and the How To Play stage under that was replaced with the Moving Skyloft stage (i know its not tourney legal but its beautiful, has many moving phases and is great chaos fun in FFA).

I agree with you on stages to replace, good thinking! I'm "considering" leaving the CEP fairly stock aside from the stages you mentioned. As for what stages I'll replace them with, idk yet aside from the ones i've mentioned above. Possibly with Omega versions of Brawl/Smash4 Stages that are out, or others that I'll mention in this thread. I kinda want to go the "tourney viable" route but then again I want to look back at what Patt used last time and bring some custom stages back if people have an interested in them returning. I want to have some that are nice tourney viable versions of old favorites, (like Omega Hyrule Temple) while keeping the cool Patt Anderson flavor of creative custom stages like Hidden Bridge, Bob'omb Battlefield, etc.

since the random stage select bug was 95% fixed (only the trophy stage and Termina Bay from Page 2 are bugged still, so I'll ask about a fix)... I think with just ONE build we can make it work "For Fun" and also "For Glory", which is amazing since since much less work for me on my end. ALSO, the controller unplugging issue is fixed since there's no pillar CSS, so that's great for drop-in/drop-out situations.

I did love to see Icicle Mountain back but upon playing on it the blast zones do need to be pushed out a bit, its a shame as its lots of fun for the kids to play in.

I have the old 3.02-11b build and i'll get some screenshots of the SSS and post them at the end of this post (along with the current CEP for 3.5-2 for comparison) for all to see and so ya'll can mention any stages you'd like to see return.
3.02-11b Page1:

3.5CEP Page1:

3.5CEP Page2:

3.02-11b Page2:
Hey, just wondering if you have made any progress. Really looking forward to your pack!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
No gonna lie, the last 2 weeks ive started a new job and my time and energy has been focused on making sure i learn my duties and stuff. I would like to say that i have time on the weekends to work on this but I've been decompressing from being new to my job. The stress is going away fast though, as I get more used to it I will be able to restart progress and finish 3.5-2.
Ignored my last post actually. I would just wait until 3.6 is released before putting in any more work. The alt stages thing might give you a lot more room for more custom stages.

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Ignored my last post actually. I would just wait until 3.6 is released before putting in any more work. The alt stages thing might give you a lot more room for more custom stages.
I actually read your post but was at work so I couldn't reply. I'm slowly getting back into scanning through brawlvault for getting all the skins fixed and updated for PMPE, I'm even collecting extras that I can add once cBliss it ported to 3.6. I'll continue to collect stages that can be fun and or competitive for PMPE as well. I'll hopefully be able to port all those things into 3.6 within a day or two, since I've been saving all the source files for all the content I've been adding so far to the build.

The Alternate Stage Loader is something I REALLY wanted, and once that, the stage expansion, and cBliss are working, this could be the best PMPE build ever!

Last edited:

zombillano

Smash Rookie
Is some way to get this patch into a wbfs game? I mean, to just download it and play it, without putting anything into the sd card

Last edited:

josway

Smash Rookie
Yes sir! All you do is put the files on an 2GB non SDHC SD card, insert it into wii, start up Brawl, and go to stage builder. The code should run from there. There is a read me in the file that goes into greater detail :)
Hey Patt, I recently downloaded your edition of project M and followed the steps to install and run, but as soon as I open stage builder the loading logo runs for a while then continues to the stage builder screen. Is there anyway you could help me out?
I downloaded version 3.5, formatted the 2GB SD card to FAT32, reinstalled the extracted files onto the SD card and still the game will not open.

disturbedfan65

Smash Rookie
NNID
xXMLG_SHREK420Xx
Hey! I couldn't find Spider-Man under the Sheik costumes even though the imgur album doesn't say it was removed. Was it removed or did I not download something?

Boardwalk

Smash Cadet
i have a project m iso that i run through cfg usb loader. how would i go about getting the patt edition?? should i still just put it on a sd card?

luckydearly

Smash Rookie
hey all, just posting about this mod and how cool it is, I tried to play this on Dolphin and followed every step though the music is either missing or it plays some songs sped up (such as the main theme and Meta Ridley fight) and no custom themes.

trying to figure out how to get them to work, any help would be appreciated

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out when I made a custom iso and the music worked

Last edited:

Cyctorn

Smash Rookie
hey all, just posting about this mod and how cool it is, I tried to play this on Dolphin and followed every step though the music is either missing or it plays some songs sped up (such as the main theme and Meta Ridley fight) and no custom themes.

trying to figure out how to get them to work, any help would be appreciated

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out when I made a custom iso and the music worked
What'd you do to get it working?

Emp_Fade_

Smash Rookie
whenever I download PMPE 3.5-01 OR THE 3.5-11 something close to that it always says when I go to extract that theres no archive or it says the file is formatted wrong or damage like whats up with that any help

cdokk13

Smash Rookie
Project M 3.6 is a go! So excited for development on this, pm me if you want help - I did quite a bit of work modding stages, music and characters in a previous version. Legggooooooo!
Development is not dead. Although at this point I am waiting for 3.6 to drop before releasing, since a 3.5 release would be obsolete quick.

Top Bottom