• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Patt Edition: Development Permanently Discontinued

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Do you have an updated changelog for 3.02-04?
I do. Some time this week I am going to go through my pack and update that section of the OP. Hang tight! It's draining to go back and change everything back haha. It was all characters and I changed 3 stages. That's the TL;DR as of now.

Allecat

Smash Rookie
Pat, you are the best, I haven't had this much fun with smash in ages.

I already found a minor bug, but its nothing major. The Zora skin (its on Roy I believe) and the skin right after it, have the CSP's switched. So when you choose the Zora, you get the other guy, and vice versa.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Pat, you are the best, I haven't had this much fun with smash in ages.

I already found a minor bug, but its nothing major. The Zora skin (its on Roy I believe) and the skin right after it, have the CSP's switched. So when you choose the Zora, you get the other guy, and vice versa.
Glad your having fun man! I'll make note of that! Please keep up with the feedback! :)

Allecat

Smash Rookie
Are there any special Giga Bowser skins anymore?
I realized the giant Caterpie (used to be the final smash of N64 Bowser skin) is gone.

I ran through a couple other Giga Bowsers, and they all just look like recolors now (I remember some had different horns, or no horns at all), although I didn't get around to checking if Dry Giga Bowser was still there.

Is there a technical reason they aren't in the hack anymore? (I remember back when I first downloaded this, holding R for the Giga Bowser easter egg would cause the game to freeze)

Also, I found that Abra's skin over Roy is kinda weird in that its TINY, like, poison mushroom size. Bummer cause Abra's one of my favorite Pokes.

One last thing, wondering if its possible to alter items in this pack, because I saw a Pokeball hack that re skins all Pokeball Pokemon with new Pokemon, but retain their effects, like instead of Snorlax using Body Slam, Wailord does it instead. I just thought it looked kinda cool.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Are there any special Giga Bowser skins anymore?
I realized the giant Caterpie (used to be the final smash of N64 Bowser skin) is gone.

I ran through a couple other Giga Bowsers, and they all just look like recolors now (I remember some had different horns, or no horns at all), although I didn't get around to checking if Dry Giga Bowser was still there.

Is there a technical reason they aren't in the hack anymore? (I remember back when I first downloaded this, holding R for the Giga Bowser easter egg would cause the game to freeze)

Also, I found that Abra's skin over Roy is kinda weird in that its TINY, like, poison mushroom size. Bummer cause Abra's one of my favorite Pokes.

One last thing, wondering if its possible to alter items in this pack, because I saw a Pokeball hack that re skins all Pokeball Pokemon with new Pokemon, but retain their effects, like instead of Snorlax using Body Slam, Wailord does it instead. I just thought it looked kinda cool.
I suspected that. No, no there isn't any reason specifically except they must have gone away while I was upgrading versions. I'll get the giga bowser skins back either in my next patch or next full version.

I know abra is small. That's just the way it is sadly. I'm going to leave him on for now because finding skins that don't freeze over Roy is hard enough. If I find a size mod or a better model in general he will be the first to leave.

Items are doable. I've done them before. I found that they caused a lot of unnnececesary instabilities though d so I kept them off. I don't know if ill be adding items back in. You may see them in a future release.

Thanks for your constant feedback man!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Congrats on "Having the biggest pack out there!" *finds 72 stage custom build*
It's not about how many stages there are it's about the work that goes into it. I haven't seen anyone have a completely filled character roster that are all original and no recolours. It takes great things from great packs and makes it accessible to the Everyman. It's not a tourney pack but it's one that opens up the world of modding to people in a way that's complete and un-intimidating. But, because your comment is valid, I will change the name to "one of" to avoid confusion. Thanks for the feedback. Aside from that what did you think of my pack? Find any glitches? :)

Sawyer

Smash Rookie
So freeze log from the matches i've played so far:

Mudkip + n64 Bowser skins = Freeze on character select screen

Cloud Skin for Ike + Sora skin (roy) for training room = freeze at end of match.

Normal Squirtle + Master Chief Skin for Snake on Ridley's level = Freeze at end of Match.

Normal Ness + Normal Bowser + Pokemon stadium = Freeze on stage select.

Normal Mewtwo + Bowser Skin (Dedede) + Training Room = Freeze at end of match.

Normal Lucario + Normal Bowser + Hyrule = Freeze on stage select.
Build 3.02-04

Last edited:

Allecat

Smash Rookie
It appears that the Demise Skin for Ganondorf is missing his CSP. Demise has the Green Ganon CSP if I remember correctly. (Just shut my Wii off for the night)

Randy Butternubs

Smash Cadet
Loving the zelda skins. The moves on the angewoman are a bit wonky but still effective and thats all I care about. I mostly just use toon zelda anyway and now Midna....and totally batman snake. Thats my new fav. Keep it up dude. can't wait for the fixes and the next one.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
It's not about how many stages there are it's about the work that goes into it. I haven't seen anyone have a completely filled character roster that are all original and no recolours. It takes great things from great packs and makes it accessible to the Everyman. It's not a tourney pack but it's one that opens up the world of modding to people in a way that's complete and un-intimidating. But, because your comment is valid, I will change the name to "one of" to avoid confusion. Thanks for the feedback. Aside from that what did you think of my pack? Find any glitches? :)
Well, I haven't found anything yet, as I haven't updated yet ._. But I'll let you know! I understand, however. Most of the packs I see have too many stages and not enough skins. Putting in the Smash 3 skins doesn't count, either. I wish there were more packs like this.

Puklin

Smash Rookie
So I switched over to using NFreaks stage pack because I really like his stage choices a lot. Sorry but for a little while I'll be using this one :( Releasing a pack with just that stage selection screen takes more time than you think sorry! I'll repost the old link to 3.0.2-02 for you.

You wouldn't. If you want the stages only go talk to NFreak, or google Brawl CEP :)

What your seeing is remnants of TheytahK's pack. I merged his, NFreaks and my packs and came out with this so there are issues with the music selection screen. The music selection screen, and those stages, show TheytahK's stages and not NFreaks (what I'm currently using). If I get around to it I will edit that but no one really looks at the music selection screen enough for me to warrent immidiate changes sorry!

Agreed!

I've finally finished the graphic design of over 200 characters! MY GOODNESS! I'm applying them to the the UI now and after some tests, and some stage fixes, -04 will be ready!!!

Ok, i know it must be a lot of trouble, keep up the good work, i would love to see more great skins!
note: we need travis touchdown on IKE <3

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
So freeze log from the matches i've played so far:

Mudkip + n64 Bowser skins = Freeze on character select screen

Cloud Skin for Ike + Sora skin (roy) for training room = freeze at end of match.

Normal Squirtle + Master Chief Skin for Snake on Ridley's level = Freeze at end of Match.

Normal Ness + Normal Bowser + Pokemon stadium = Freeze on stage select.

Normal Mewtwo + Bowser Skin (Dedede) + Training Room = Freeze at end of match.

Normal Lucario + Normal Bowser + Hyrule = Freeze on stage select.
Build 3.02-04
Hey just went through these and could not recreate any of the freezing you talked about. I will test on a wii later but for now try formatting your card and replacing my hack onto it. Thanks!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
This is by far the best Project M mod I have seen. It even has Android 18, in her best outfit too.

Only thing lacking is no Michael Jackson over Snake. And the Melee menu song is gone. :'c

Ronald McDonald over Falcon would be nice too, just because that has been a classic for years.

I would replace some of the faux-SSB4 stages with some of the better 64/Melee stages you cut or altered, in their original form. Untouched stages should also feature the original default song rather than custom music. Other than that this is now my go-to mod.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
This is by far the best Project M mod I have seen. It even has Android 18, in her best outfit too.

Only thing lacking is no Michael Jackson over Snake. And the Melee menu song is gone. :'c

Ronald McDonald over Falcon would be nice too, just because that has been a classic for years.

I would replace some of the faux-SSB4 stages with some of the better 64/Melee stages you cut or altered, in their original form. Untouched stages should also feature the original default song rather than custom music. Other than that this is now my go-to mod.
The older version definitely had ronald mcdonald over falcon. I didn't know he got rid of that.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
My mistake, Ronald is there. Don't know how I missed him. I guess my only real requests are Michael Jackson and the Melee Menu song. And if you have it in your heart please restore some of the N64 stages to their original forms.

Also, I cannot for the life of me find Goku in there, and I thought I remembered reading that he was one of the skins. I only see Gogeta over Falcon. Who is Goku over?

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
For everyone, how is the music going for you guys? does it break or glitch out sometimes on the wii? Any skins messed up or glitchiness! I'm waiting for this weekend to start applying fixes so I would like a crowd sourced bug list!

My mistake, Ronald is there. Don't know how I missed him. I guess my only real requests are Michael Jackson and the Melee Menu song. And if you have it in your heart please restore some of the N64 stages to their original forms.

Also, I cannot for the life of me find Goku in there, and I thought I remembered reading that he was one of the skins. I only see Gogeta over Falcon. Who is Goku over?
Goku is gone because I couldn't find a decent skin so I found half of Goku and put him in haha. Also can you please tell me what you mean by default N64 stages? And I don't know about having Michael Jackson. To me.. That just doesn't sit right. As per the melee song I can for sure add that for next time!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
For everyone, how is the music going for you guys? does it break or glitch out sometimes on the wii? Any skins messed up or glitchiness! I'm waiting for this weekend to start applying fixes so I would like a crowd sourced bug list!

Goku is gone because I couldn't find a decent skin so I found half of Goku and put him in haha. Also can you please tell me what you mean by default N64 stages? And I don't know about having Michael Jackson. To me.. That just doesn't sit right. As per the melee song I can for sure add that for next time!
Just make sure when you add the Melee music you do not cut the N64 menu song either! Both of those are too classic to abandon. As for Michael Jackson, I just feel like he is the ultimate joke character. When I use him at parties people unfamiliar with Brawl hacking are astounded. I would say the Smooth Criminal over Snake skin is as crucial as Ronald McDonald. I am sure you could find a way to make it work (so long as you keep the EVA and Boba Fett costumes I do not really care what you cut).

I just played through the mod and made a list of things that were iffy. Hopefully this helps you out in some way...

- I do not think there should be two different Crash Bandicoot skins. Do not get me wrong, I am the biggest Crash Bandicoot fan I know. But people only want to see classic Crash. The Crash of the Titans skin over Luigi is simply a wasted space.
- Delfino Plaza plays over Ryoshima Coast for some reason, and the music selection screen is basically impossible to navigate, so I would just put a more appropriate song over that slot. Speaking of which, just put it in another slot and bring back Delfino Plaza, as that is one of the better Brawl stages.
- The icon for Namek is way too dark. You might also want to consider adding the daytime Namek stage, or at least one other Dragon Ball stage considering how many skins you included (I think models for the Time Chamber/Archipelago exist).
- Especially for classic songs like Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone, you should just restore the original 16-bit music. People would much rather hear that than OCRemix style tracks, considering it is a throwback stage akin to Mushroom Kingdom. I also would just not touch the music on Project M Green Hill Zone, it is perfect as is (unless you want to replace the Sonic 3 song with the 16-bit version, or add "Can You Feel the Sunshine"/"Living in the City" in over one of the crappy post-Dreamcast Sonic songs). I would also considering cutting the third Sonic stage, because it seems like overkill, the rings look very unprofessional and Chemical Plant Zone is clearly the better option.
- Some of the stage icons have sharp/square corners and are not rounded
- Ganondorf still has his green portrait in place, despite the fact that slot has been filled with an alternate costume
- The new Game & Watch sound effects are a little irritating and out of place. I would bring back the old sounds we are all used to, as they appeared in the previous two games.
- The black from the eyes of Raichu basically end up enveloping his entire face. This is a problem with the skin, as other mods I have played also have this issue. I would find an alternate Raichu costume.
- Find a decent Young Link skin? Then we will have pretty much everyone.

Alright, now Stage specific issues...

PMPE Stages:

- Cut the Mega Man stage. The background looks it is sourced from a JPEG (it probably is) and is completely unprofessional.
- Cut Brawl Galaxy. This is a really fun stage to play on but not only is it not viable for competition (something I have no problem with personally) it also slows down the game to a screeching halt.
- Cut Cool Cool Mountain. This stage is a great idea but it runs way too slow/induces way too much lag and is not an accurate representation of the N64 world.
- Cut either SR388 or Norfair. They are far too similar to take up two separate slots. At the very least do what you did with Corneria/Sector Z.
- Cut Castlesky. It is an unnecessary clone of Castle Siege and we already have more than enough competitively viable stages, we do not need a new one that looks identical to another stage that is already included.
- Cut Bowser's Castle. I would hate to see this go but unfortunately it also runs into lag issues and is way too slow. If you can find a version that reduces the number of lava particles that would probably run a lot smoother.

Project M Stages:

- Restore Project M training stage, that was a great practice space.
- Cut Skyloft. I have always experienced terrible lag and slowdown on it. I am sure you could replace it with an equivalent Zelda stage that runs better anyway.

Brawl Stages:

- Again, I am really making the case for restoring Delfino Plaza. It is a fantastic stage and I miss playing on it.
- Cut New Pork City. It is pretty much a waste of a slot at this point, even if edited to be a competitive stage. The same could be said about Spear Pillar.
- Either cut Warioware entirely or replace it with the original stage, Micogames intact. It only makes sense as a 'party' non-tournament stage, and the Project M version is pretty dull considering there are so many other stages like it.

Melee Stages:
- BRING BACK MELEE FINAL DESTINATION/BATTLEFIELD. I cannot stress this enough. These two stages are a huge part of Smash history, and it does not feel like Smash without at least one of them (the Classic Expansion Pack has a fantastic version of Melee Battlefield).
- Restore Big Blue. This may not make a lot of sense to people but the new stage is claustrophobic, far too zoomed in, and the original Big Blue is a casual party staple.
- Restore Rainbow Cruise. You can keep the Mario 64 stage you put over it, but casual Smash just feels lacking without this stage.
- Bring back Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World). This is a very fun stage to play on.
- Revert to the original music to Yoshi's Story. It is almost blasphemy to replace the music on a Melee stage.
- Bring back Onett.
- Restore Mushroom Kingdom, as the new variant looks unprofessional and also results in a number of graphical glitches (including invisible players).
- If Brinstar is causing issues I would also just leave it in its original place.

N64 Stages:

Now, here is where I take the biggest issue I think. Most of the HD retextures simply are not up to the standard of the rest of these stages. Also, part of the charm to playing these stages is to witness the classic 64-bit graphics and relive old memories, not to play on scrappily made modernized versions. I would highly recommend just replacing all of these with the versions available in the Classic Expansion Pack, but let me go into detail.

- Peach's Castle. This stage was a mess from the get-go. I honestly would just consider cutting it. It is the worst arena in the entire series, save New Pork City. Not only that, but the version you used makes certain costumes invisible.
- Mushroom Kingdom. Maybe it was just me but something felt off about the version you used, although it very well might be the same one available in the Classic Expansion Pack. It looks like there is some kind of smoothing over the sprites though, which blur the image.
- Yoshi's Story/Island. I do not understand why you would alter the very layout of a classic stage. This should be reverted to the original, graphics included, because that was the key appeal of the stage, it actually looked like you were playing Yoshi's Story.
- Kongo Jungle. The same as the above could be said for this. The new textures are simply ugly, and the N64 textures honestly looked a lot higher resolution, not to mention closer-matche the SNES source material. The new flat sprites just seem wrong/of poor quality.
- Hyrule Castle. This actually looks fine, but the darkness of the background almost makes it look an entirely new stage. Also, is that a stage builder background? If so I would just kill it entirely. Just stick with the original. It will load faster too.
- Saffron City literally looks like it was made in Adobe Illustrator. These are some BAAAAAAD vectors, and when I say bad I mean just awful. I would revert this to the original models, as the "HD" pack simply kills the Pokémon aesthetic.
- Dreamland. I see what they were trying to do here but it looks digitized and spotty. Also, using the Green Greens tree when you already have Green Greens as a stage makes zero sense. Revert to the N64 classic ASAP.
- Brinstar. Maybe it is just me but it looks like the background is not only new but in fact lower-res than what was used in the N64 version.
- Sector Z. I like the dual stage concept but unfortunately this sometimes results in invisible players. I would just split them in two, even if that seems redundant.
- Metal Caverns. As much as I enjoy the Melee song the N64 music is too good to cut. I would just include them both. Also, the new textures seem to induce longer load times, especially considering all of those excess off-screen models in the map. Just stick with the Project M version.
- Consider bringing back the 64 Final Destination/Battlefield/How to Play Stages, just for the novelty of having them I guess.

NEVER CUT ANDROID #18

Also, please be on the lookout for Goku (and Kid Goku) if you can; those skins are crucial to any mod.

Your work is incredible and I cannot thank you enough for putting out the first truly decent Project M mod. Again, remember that simplicity is key. Try to stick to the fundamentals and you should have a stronger package than anyone else on the scene.

Edit: Also, the Kirby facial texture appear to be off. I am not sure if it a "SSB4" costume or not but it clearly looks sourced from a JPEG and white-ish digitization is visible on his face during battle. I would just wait for Smash Bros. 3 to finish their model or just revert back to Brawl Kirby.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Just make sure when you add the Melee music you do not cut the N64 menu song either! Both of those are too classic to abandon. As for Michael Jackson, I just feel like he is the ultimate joke character. When I use him at parties people unfamiliar with Brawl hacking are astounded. I would say the Smooth Criminal over Snake skin is as crucial as Ronald McDonald. I am sure you could find a way to make it work (so long as you keep the EVA and Boba Fett costumes I do not really care what you cut).

I just played through the mod and made a list of things that were iffy. Hopefully this helps you out in some way...

- I do not think there should be two different Crash Bandicoot skins. Do not get me wrong, I am the biggest Crash Bandicoot fan I know. But people only want to see classic Crash. The Crash of the Titans skin over Luigi is simply a wasted space.
- Delfino Plaza plays over Ryoshima Coast for some reason, and the music selection screen is basically impossible to navigate, so I would just put a more appropriate song over that slot. Speaking of which, just put it in another slot and bring back Delfino Plaza, as that is one of the better Brawl stages.
- The icon for Namek is way too dark. You might also want to consider adding the daytime Namek stage, or at least one other Dragon Ball stage considering how many skins you included (I think models for the Time Chamber/Archipelago exist).
- Especially for classic songs like Green Hill Zone and Chemical Plant Zone, you should just restore the original 16-bit music. People would much rather hear that than OCRemix style tracks, considering it is a throwback stage akin to Mushroom Kingdom. I also would just not touch the music on Project M Green Hill Zone, it is perfect as is (unless you want to replace the Sonic 3 song with the 16-bit version, or add "Can You Feel the Sunshine"/"Living in the City" in over one of the crappy post-Dreamcast Sonic songs). I would also considering cutting the third Sonic stage, because it seems like overkill, the rings look very unprofessional and Chemical Plant Zone is clearly the better option.
- Some of the stage icons have sharp/square corners and are not rounded
- Ganondorf still has his green portrait in place, despite the fact that slot has been filled with an alternate costume
- The new Game & Watch sound effects are a little irritating and out of place. I would bring back the old sounds we are all used to, as they appeared in the previous two games.
- The black from the eyes of Raichu basically end up enveloping his entire face. This is a problem with the skin, as other mods I have played also have this issue. I would find an alternate Raichu costume.
- Find a decent Young Link skin? Then we will have pretty much everyone.

Alright, now Stage specific issues...

PMPE Stages:

- Cut the Mega Man stage. The background looks it is sourced from a JPEG (it probably is) and is completely unprofessional.
- Cut Brawl Galaxy. This is a really fun stage to play on but not only is it not viable for competition (something I have no problem with personally) it also slows down the game to a screeching halt.
- Cut Cool Cool Mountain. This stage is a great idea but it runs way too slow/induces way too much lag and is not an accurate representation of the N64 world.
- Cut either SR388 or Norfair. They are far too similar to take up two separate slots. At the very least do what you did with Corneria/Sector Z.
- Cut Castlesky. It is an unnecessary clone of Castle Siege and we already have more than enough competitively viable stages, we do not need a new one that looks identical to another stage that is already included.
- Cut Bowser's Castle. I would hate to see this go but unfortunately it also runs into lag issues and is way too slow. If you can find a version that reduces the number of lava particles that would probably run a lot smoother.

Project M Stages:

- Restore Project M training stage, that was a great practice space.
- Cut Skyloft. I have always experienced terrible lag and slowdown on it. I am sure you could replace it with an equivalent Zelda stage that runs better anyway.

Brawl Stages:

- Again, I am really making the case for restoring Delfino Plaza. It is a fantastic stage and I miss playing on it.
- Cut New Pork City. It is pretty much a waste of a slot at this point, even if edited to be a competitive stage. The same could be said about Spear Pillar.
- Either cut Warioware entirely or replace it with the original stage, Micogames intact. It only makes sense as a 'party' non-tournament stage, and the Project M version is pretty dull considering there are so many other stages like it.

Melee Stages:
- BRING BACK MELEE FINAL DESTINATION/BATTLEFIELD. I cannot stress this enough. These two stages are a huge part of Smash history, and it does not feel like Smash without at least one of them (the Classic Expansion Pack has a fantastic version of Melee Battlefield).
- Restore Big Blue. This may not make a lot of sense to people but the new stage is claustrophobic, far too zoomed in, and the original Big Blue is a casual party staple.
- Restore Rainbow Cruise. You can keep the Mario 64 stage you put over it, but casual Smash just feels lacking without this stage.
- Bring back Yoshi's Island (Super Mario World). This is a very fun stage to play on.
- Revert to the original music to Yoshi's Story. It is almost blasphemy to replace the music on a Melee stage.
- Bring back Onett.
- Restore Mushroom Kingdom, as the new variant looks unprofessional and also results in a number of graphical glitches (including invisible players).
- If Brinstar is causing issues I would also just leave it in its original place.

N64 Stages:

Now, here is where I take the biggest issue I think. Most of the HD retextures simply are not up to the standard of the rest of these stages. Also, part of the charm to playing these stages is to witness the classic 64-bit graphics and relive old memories, not to play on scrappily made modernized versions. I would highly recommend just replacing all of these with the versions available in the Classic Expansion Pack, but let me go into detail.

- Peach's Castle. This stage was a mess from the get-go. I honestly would just consider cutting it. It is the worst arena in the entire series, save New Pork City. Not only that, but the version you used makes certain costumes invisible.
- Mushroom Kingdom. Maybe it was just me but something felt off about the version you used, although it very well might be the same one available in the Classic Expansion Pack. It looks like there is some kind of smoothing over the sprites though, which blur the image.
- Yoshi's Story/Island. I do not understand why you would alter the very layout of a classic stage. This should be reverted to the original, graphics included, because that was the key appeal of the stage, it actually looked like you were playing Yoshi's Story.
- Kongo Jungle. The same as the above could be said for this. The new textures are simply ugly, and the N64 textures honestly looked a lot higher resolution, not to mention closer-matche the SNES source material. The new flat sprites just seem wrong/of poor quality.
- Hyrule Castle. This actually looks fine, but the darkness of the background almost makes it look an entirely new stage. Also, is that a stage builder background? If so I would just kill it entirely. Just stick with the original. It will load faster too.
- Saffron City literally looks like it was made in Adobe Illustrator. These are some BAAAAAAD vectors, and when I say bad I mean just awful. I would revert this to the original models, as the "HD" pack simply kills the Pokémon aesthetic.
- Dreamland. I see what they were trying to do here but it looks digitized and spotty. Also, using the Green Greens tree when you already have Green Greens as a stage makes zero sense. Revert to the N64 classic ASAP.
- Brinstar. Maybe it is just me but it looks like the background is not only new but in fact lower-res than what was used in the N64 version.
- Sector Z. I like the dual stage concept but unfortunately this sometimes results in invisible players. I would just split them in two, even if that seems redundant.
- Metal Caverns. As much as I enjoy the Melee song the N64 music is too good to cut. I would just include them both. Also, the new textures seem to induce longer load times, especially considering all of those excess off-screen models in the map. Just stick with the Project M version.
- Consider bringing back the 64 Final Destination/Battlefield/How to Play Stages, just for the novelty of having them I guess.

NEVER CUT ANDROID #18

Also, please be on the lookout for Goku (and Kid Goku) if you can; those skins are crucial to any mod.

Your work is incredible and I cannot thank you enough for putting out the first truly decent Project M mod. Again, remember that simplicity is key. Try to stick to the fundamentals and you should have a stronger package than anyone else on the scene.

Edit: Also, the Kirby facial texture appear to be off. I am not sure if it a "SSB4" costume or not but it clearly looks sourced from a JPEG and white-ish digitization is visible on his face during battle. I would just wait for Smash Bros. 3 to finish their model or just revert back to Brawl Kirby.
First off... Holy cow thank you so much for such in depth feed back! I agree with a lot of what your saying. I sourced the stage list entirely from NFreak's pack and so haven't had much time to remix the stages. The dark Namek stage, and the Okami stage were both put in because in the pack I was using Delfino and a few others froze and it was a rush fix to avoid soft freezing. For the next iteration I am going to pull out the stages I like from N-Freak and just put the CEP in. I agree with you, smash isn't smash without the classic stages and I am not a fan of HD anyways. So stages will come and your opinion will be noted! Furthermore, songs will be added in once I can lock down the stage list. So changing certain songs of stages that work will come later but they will come! I agree with most everything your writing. My pack is not meant to be a tournament pack. It's a party pack hands down. That is why I want to remove a lot of the tourney ready stages (though I will remove peach's castle and New Pork City.. I hate New Pork). Character wise, I hate double characters too! (Did you notice there are two Android 18's?) There are still more refinements to make but the stages and characters you referenced are great! We are definitely on the same wavelength in regards to content.

Okay! Your comments will be saved for later reference for sure. Look forward to -05! Hopefully I will find time soon.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
First off... Holy cow thank you so much for such in depth feed back! I agree with a lot of what your saying. I sourced the stage list entirely from NFreak's pack and so haven't had much time to remix the stages. The dark Namek stage, and the Okami stage were both put in because in the pack I was using Delfino and a few others froze and it was a rush fix to avoid soft freezing. For the next iteration I am going to pull out the stages I like from N-Freak and just put the CEP in. I agree with you, smash isn't smash without the classic stages and I am not a fan of HD anyways. So stages will come and your opinion will be noted! Furthermore, songs will be added in once I can lock down the stage list. So changing certain songs of stages that work will come later but they will come! I agree with most everything your writing. My pack is not meant to be a tournament pack. It's a party pack hands down. That is why I want to remove a lot of the tourney ready stages (though I will remove peach's castle and New Pork City.. I hate New Pork). Character wise, I hate double characters too! (Did you notice there are two Android 18's?) There are still more refinements to make but the stages and characters you referenced are great! We are definitely on the same wavelength in regards to content.

Okay! Your comments will be saved for later reference for sure. Look forward to -05! Hopefully I will find time soon.
Just a note: Remove N64 Peach's Castle, not Melee's hahah. And new music is good, just don't replace any of the classic N64 or Melee songs. I actually really like Dark Namek/Okami. And the Hidden Bridge stage. Those all seem like keepers. If you can get Delfino to work that would be fantastic.

I did not see the second Android 18, where is she? I only saw Android 17 over Falco. I honestly would be down for two different Android 18s over different characters though, not gonna lie.

I just played through the default costumes and the Super Smash Bros. 3/SSB4 decolorized skins look really good. Just fix the digitization on the Kirby skin by reverting it to Brawl Kirby or replacing it when SSB3 release their version of Kirby.

The only thing that needs to be changed ASAP are the default costumes for Charizard, Meta Knight, Samus, and Snake, and I think you might know why. Charizard is the clone from the first movie, and while that would be a great costume it makes way more sense as an alt than the main. You don't want to cut the real Charizard! Maybe put it in place of the skeleton costume? Meta Knight has a black costume with a cracked skull, the classic look (or whatever SSB3 end up making) should be the main instead. Your new Samus skin appears to be cell shaded. The original was fine and colorful, I would just revert it or make this an alt costume, maybe both but definitely the former. And finally, Snake. I like this new costume a lot. But you can't just cut the Brawl costume completely! At least give us the option.

I forget if I mentioned this or not but you should make Melee Fox from the Project M his default skin, like they did to Wario.

Thank you for being so receptive, this is easily on its way to becoming my go-to Smash Bros. game!

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Just a note: Remove N64 Peach's Castle, not Melee's hahah. And new music is good, just don't replace any of the classic N64 or Melee songs. I actually really like Dark Namek/Okami. And the Hidden Bridge stage. Those all seem like keepers. If you can get Delfino to work that would be fantastic.

I did not see the second Android 18, where is she? I only saw Android 17 over Falco. I honestly would be down for two different Android 18s over different characters though, not gonna lie.

I just played through the default costumes and the Super Smash Bros. 3/SSB4 decolorized skins look really good. Just fix the digitization on the Kirby skin by reverting it to Brawl Kirby or replacing it when SSB3 release their version of Kirby.

The only thing that needs to be changed ASAP are the default costumes for Charizard, Meta Knight, Samus, and Snake, and I think you might know why. Charizard is the clone from the first movie, and while that would be a great costume it makes way more sense as an alt than the main. You don't want to cut the real Charizard! Maybe put it in place of the skeleton costume? Meta Knight has a black costume with a cracked skull, the classic look (or whatever SSB3 end up making) should be the main instead. Your new Samus skin appears to be cell shaded. The original was fine and colorful, I would just revert it or make this an alt costume, maybe both but definitely the former. And finally, Snake. I like this new costume a lot. But you can't just cut the Brawl costume completely! At least give us the option.

I forget if I mentioned this or not but you should make Melee Fox from the Project M his default skin, like they did to Wario.

Thank you for being so receptive, this is easily on its way to becoming my go-to Smash Bros. game!
Okay! Your comment is saved for the future. The ones who speak the loudest usually get what they ask for.

Allecat

Smash Rookie
Personally, I really really like Cool Cool Mountain and Vs Bowser even if they sorta lag, they're actually two of my favorite stages :'(

My friends and I never were too bothered with them

Everything else posted by Schavira I agree with.

Randy Butternubs

Smash Cadet
alright which is the sound file for space jam on final destination? A friend of mine and I have made our own song and decided that one must go. it just doesnt fit against the regular music in our opinion anyway. And its annoying. No freezes or anything on my end though. Still loving the menu music though.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I'm pretty sure you have heard this already, but the character select images are mixed and matched everywhere. I tried to pick the Zora person with Roy, and I got what appears to be...Grimmjaw? Also, you should use some of Angelglory's sound files. Here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=104 I still don't know how to link directly to files, but they're pretty easy to find. I suggest using the PM Crusade announcer and some of the new sound effects for DK, Bowser, and others. One last thing: He has some pretty big stages, so you should use those.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Last edited:

Allecat

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure you have heard this already, but the character select images are mixed and matched everywhere. I tried to pick the Zora person with Roy, and I got what appears to be...Grimmjaw? Also, you should use some of Angelglory's sound files. Here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=104 I still don't know how to link directly to files, but they're pretty easy to find. I suggest using the PM Crusade announcer and some of the new sound effects for DK, Bowser, and others. One last thing: He has some pretty big stages, so you should use those.

Looking through that link, I agree on some of his maps. Cookie Country and Milky Way Meadow look like awesome big maps.

schavira

Smash Journeyman
I dunno I was thinking everyone outta have a dry character. I think its neat if not weird.
It only makes sense for Dry Bowser (or if you want to put a Dry Bones skin over, say, Squirtle). Dry Sonic does not exist! That costume slot could instead be occupied with a completely unique character, not just another skeleton. An all-skeleton Smash mod seems...pretty boring.

PKMN Trainer Cj

Smash Rookie
For -05 with there be a patch or a new download? P.s. I love your build, I haven't had anything wrong with it so far!

EDIT* I've noticed Ike's cloud costume has glitched up eyes

Last edited:

Black Fonz

Smash Rookie
Politely requesting a few skins to be added(of course I dont expect you to add all of them but some of them would be appreciated ,
-Infernape over fox(only one exists)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24682
-Neliel over marth
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29739
-Dr.Stein(Soul Eater) over Ike
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24022
-Marina from Mischief Makers over Peach
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25270
-Michael Jackson over snake
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34343
-Dark Samus Wii U skin(Possibly replacing the other one)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35865
-Iron Fist over Captain Falcon
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23966
-Excalibur Sonic
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36428
-Jigglysaur(Optional because I know some people might deem it ****ty)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=24377
-Colonel Sanders(Complements Ronald Mcdonald)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33628

Top Bottom