• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M or any Smash Mods not loading

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
We could use a bit more information.
When exactly happened directly before the game froze? (Selected stage builder, launched the game with Gecko OS, etc)
What method are you using? Homebrew, Hackless, Riivolution?
Did you use the installer, or did you do it manually?
What kind of SD card are you trying to use? (SDHC, Storage Size, etc)
Have any brawl modifications ever worked in the past?

Until we know these things, we can't really do much about helping you out.

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
We could use a bit more information.
When exactly happened directly before the game froze? (Selected stage builder, launched the game with Gecko OS, etc)
What method are you using? Homebrew, Hackless, Riivolution?
Did you use the installer, or did you do it manually?
What kind of SD card are you trying to use? (SDHC, Storage Size, etc)
Have any brawl modifications ever worked in the past?

Until we know these things, we can't really do much about helping you out.
Ok.

The game freezes after I boot it.

Im using wifi set, riivo.

Manually, i use an SDHC.

P:M and Brawl - have worked in the past

Mithost

Smash Ace
Locked in a safe floating in the Atlantic Ocean.
SDHC has a history of having iffy support for Wii hacks. It's widely known that 2GB non SDHC cards are the best for this kind of stuff. Riivolution has more variables and less support when compared to Gecko OS, so you will have a lot less problems with Gecko. Both programs can be booted through homebrew (and both can be installed to the wii menu), so making the switch shouldn't prove difficult.

retro23j

Smash Rookie
Im having the same problem as well. I first downloaded the hackless wii zip on my mac, transferred the files to my sd, booted up the game, went to stage builder as soon as it came up it froze. So trred it from my other laptop, downloaded the installer, booted up the game again, froze at the stage builder part. I dont have any custom stages loaded, no save files what so ever, regular 2gb sd card, not sdhc. not connected to wiiconnect24. Dont know what im doing wrong.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Im having the same problem as well. I first downloaded the hackless wii zip on my mac, transferred the files to my sd, booted up the game, went to stage builder as soon as it came up it froze. So trred it from my other laptop, downloaded the installer, booted up the game again, froze at the stage builder part. I dont have any custom stages loaded, no save files what so ever, regular 2gb sd card, not sdhc. not connected to wiiconnect24. Dont know what im doing wrong.
Make absolutely sure that there are no custom stages on your Wii OR on your SD card. A fresh Brawl save will install 3 custom stages by default, so make sure you catch those too.

The easiest catch-all solution for most problems like these after ruling out issues with the SD card (check your Lock switch?) is to simply reformat it as FAT32, unzip the files to the SD card, and try again.

retro23j, it sounds like you're doing everything right, so just double-check everything and try again.

Top Bottom