• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Yes, 2 good 4 me
Your Mario kept up. You play him a lot better than your other characters, a lot like zard and Wolf for me. I feel like I only won because of SD's.

I feel like my game play is very scripted, same pressure, same follow ups, same approaches, same neutral.

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
Your Mario kept up. You play him a lot better than your other characters, a lot like zard and Wolf for me. I feel like I only won because of SD's.

I feel like my game play is very scripted, same pressure, same follow ups, same approaches, same neutral.
Ggs from earlier

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm back! I have a new tag and some new characters. Has anyone seen waygyu? He was my usual training partner before i went to stay with my boyfriend for a month. I can play later today, but I got some stuff to take care of first. I'm just getting used to the average lag that comes with wifi and I'm kinda back into the timing of everything.

Drsms

Smash Cadet
anyone on?
Really nice games dude they were intense. Some of the best games I've had on wifi by far. I've never played a good Samus before haha. Those walls of missiles were on point. Thanks for the games

NEO!

Smash Lord
Really nice games dude they were intense. Some of the best games I've had on wifi by far. I've never played a good Samus before haha. Those walls of missiles were on point. Thanks for the games
Ggs nice games. Tough zelda. Play u again soon

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Ggs nice games. Tough zelda. Play u again soon
Question... Do you think that standing in one spot and spamming missiles is going to work offline? I seriously hope not. For your own sake, I'd suggest dropping that behavior. I tried my best to avoid them but only so much you can do in that vicious lag. Of course it was easier when I had my own missiles, but...

Last edited:

NEO!

Smash Lord
Question... Do you think that standing in one spot and spamming missiles is going to work offline? I seriously hope not. For your own sake, I'd suggest dropping that behavior. I tried my best to avoid them but only so much you can do in that vicious lag. Of course it was easier when I had my own missiles, but...
Dude whats your problem? We had a good competitive smash session and you are going to complain? It was a not a laggy connection and I dont stand in one place firing missiles. No one can win that way. You have a tough lucas and also a very good samus. You were spamming missiles yourself too so whats your deal. Samus players need to band together learn from each other...GGs anyways

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
I can play. 0174-1013-2303
GGs, you stomped me bad. It was mostly just the lag that doomed me, I kept missing L cancels, and on Ganon of all people. Great combo potential with Falcon, I've never seen someone nail stuff you do.
We should play once I get a little more used to playing online again, I'll be way more apt in dittos then.
Btw, I'm just getting into spacies, is there any way I can make my Fox feel as good as my Falco? I'm great with both when I play in person, but the lag brings out my bad qualities with both of them and I actually have a harder time mechanically with Fox.

Last edited:

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
GGs, you stomped me bad. It was mostly just the lag that doomed me, I kept missing L cancels, and on Ganon of all people. Great combo potential with Falcon, I've never seen someone nail stuff you do.
We should play once I get a little more used to playing online again, I'll be way more apt in dittos then.
Btw, I'm just getting into spacies, is there any way I can make my Fox feel as good as my Falco? I'm great with both when I play in person, but the lag brings out my bad qualities with both of them and I actually have a harder time mechanically with Fox.
Thanks! Yeah, lag can be a pain to deal with but once you play in it for a while, it gets easier with every attempt.

Honestly, playing spacies online is really hard. Lag can throw off your timing sooo much. The way I play spacies online (well, the way I play online in general) is that I ignore the visual timings I see on screen (because they are delayed and therefore inaccurate) and mostly rely on offline muscle memory to make my character move the way I want. Also, I've played wi-fi for many years to where I can learn to wait through the lag spikes instinctively before imputing more moves, that comes with time. There's not much else I can say other than keep practicing. I hope that was somewhat useful!

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Thanks! Yeah, lag can be a pain to deal with but once you play in it for a while, it gets easier with every attempt.

Honestly, playing spacies online is really hard. Lag can throw off your timing sooo much. The way I play spacies online (well, the way I play online in general) is that I ignore the visual timings I see on screen (because they are delayed and therefore inaccurate) and mostly rely on offline muscle memory to make my character move the way I want. Also, I've played wi-fi for many years to where I can learn to wait through the lag spikes instinctively before imputing more moves, that comes with time. There's not much else I can say other than keep practicing. I hope that was somewhat useful!
Thanks, everything is useful at some point. I've played online for a while too and know what you're talking about, the problem is that I just came back after a month of playing in person on CRTs and I have an LCD at home. That just compounds and makes me seem even more out of practice, not to mention I entirely developed my spacies in that month of time.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Thanks, everything is useful at some point. I've played online for a while too and know what you're talking about, the problem is that I just came back after a month of playing in person on CRTs and I have an LCD at home. That just compounds and makes me seem even more out of practice, not to mention I entirely developed my spacies in that month of time.
Well before yesterday, I hadn't played P:M wi-fi in 9 months, lmao. I just came back home from college and I had left my Smash set up and CRT back home so Smash didn't distract me. I feel your pain lol

dizzypink

Smash Lord
So I actually made a mistake and apparently I can stay another hour or so. Anyone else wanna play? I'll play off characters with you #TheKmanOfSmash but I don't wanna get so strongly boned any more than I already have XD

trati

Smash Ace
it was so much fun playing u nice ganon
So I actually made a mistake and apparently I can stay another hour or so. Anyone else wanna play? I'll play off characters with you #TheKmanOfSmash but I don't wanna get so strongly boned any more than I already have XD
gg

ThatBubbaSpike

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, eventually I will get a Wii U soon...so later on today better get some rounds in with me before then!!!

PM FC: 5031 - 1126 - 3578 :falco::lucario::lucas::mario2::wolf::sheik::dedede::falcon::sonic::zerosuitsamus:

(Not at home at the moment)

Top Bottom