• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Rapid_Cher

Smash Ace
NNID
PM1723-9875-4071
That is correct haha
Damn you and your zelda. I want you to feel my words cursing you deep into the depths of your marrow.
I couldnt take any more losing and I'm going to go ahead and say zelda is OP in 3.5;)
Aside from my stale predictable ganonry and g&w, what was i doing wrong and what were you doing right to always mangle me?

Drsms

Smash Cadet
Damn you and your zelda. I want you to feel my words cursing you deep into the depths of your marrow.
I couldnt take any more losing and I'm going to go ahead and say zelda is OP in 3.5;)
Aside from my stale predictable ganonry and g&w, what was i doing wrong and what were you doing right to always mangle me?
If you think she's OP now you should've seen her in 3.02. I think a lot of what it is is just the terrible lag in the add on. Both of our play styles would be completely different if we were offline. Other then that I would say you spam just a little too much. It works great in the beginning but as we continue to play match after match I learn the patterns of your moves and can get reads a lot easier. For longer sets you need to be able to change your style so it doesn't become predictable. Zelda is good for this because she is two characters in one. Although my sheik is pretty awful online it forces the other player to adapt to a completely new way of fighting. And if I feel they learned my sheik I just switch back to Zelda. It can lead to some pretty salty matches haha.

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
If you think she's OP now you should've seen her in 3.02. I think a lot of what it is is just the terrible lag in the add on. Both of our play styles would be completely different if we were offline. Other then that I would say you spam just a little too much. It works great in the beginning but as we continue to play match after match I learn the patterns of your moves and can get reads a lot easier. For longer sets you need to be able to change your style so it doesn't become predictable. Zelda is good for this because she is two characters in one. Although my sheik is pretty awful online it forces the other player to adapt to a completely new way of fighting. And if I feel they learned my sheik I just switch back to Zelda. It can lead to some pretty salty matches haha.
In 3.5, I feel like Zelda's MO is space control and zoning. Her side-b can basically trap you or keep you where she wants you. The key is making sure to not get trapped and/or breaking her zone and not letting her set up.

Top Bottom