• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

PoeticMonkey

Smash Ace
@Jesus+1 Those were some GGs. Thanks for the practice.

Can any body spar for me. My first live tourney is coming up this Sat. I need some training. No funny business.

@ RipxWizho RipxWizho , you worthy adversary you, can we 1v1 instead? at least while waiting for dubs players?

Last edited:

PoeticMonkey

Smash Ace
ggs lol. try not to do that many getup attacks and tilts/smashes. you're not incredibly fast but that's not a bad thing. keep on working.
I've at least one person that has said to me - "Try not to [blank] so much." [blank] being just about every move in the game.

So let's open up the conversation to anyone. What percentage of attacks should a player perform in a match including but not limited to:
  • move | %
  • Aerials
  • Tilts
  • Smashes
  • Specials
Any input is apreciated.

ant363

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4300-9683-8797
FC: 5074-0619-7233 You host, please.
I just really hate how everybody is at least 100 times better than me at project m and when u lose to ice climbers as Lucas? Its when you know gg tho ur too good join MLG or something

Smash_Senpai

Smash Journeyman
I've at least one person that has said to me - "Try not to [blank] so much." [blank] being just about every move in the game.

So let's open up the conversation to anyone. What percentage of attacks should a player perform in a match including but not limited to:
  • move | %
  • Aerials
  • Tilts
  • Smashes
  • Specials
Any input is apreciated.
It all depends on the character you're playing. Just keep in mind that if u smash over and over, no matter what character, you'll get punished

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman

• move | %
  • Aerials
  • Tilts
  • Smashes
  • Specials
Any input is apreciated.
XX%
XX%
XX%
Up Smash
Blaser only.

infestx

Smash Journeyman
I just really hate how everybody is at least 100 times better than me at project m and when u lose to ice climbers as Lucas? Its when you know gg tho ur too good join MLG or something
Hey, just saying, when I came here I absolutely sucked. I got bopped every game and that was because I didn't know anything about facing real people. All I did for practice was play against CPUs and combo them, and thought that was enough for me to be relatively good. I was dead wrong. You have to learn a lot of things if you want to be good in smash, and the only way to learn some of those things is to practice against other people, not by yourself. Keep it up, you'll be better than me in no time.

infestx

Smash Journeyman

• move | %
  • Aerials
  • Tilts
  • Smashes
  • Specials
Any input is apreciated.
Any move can fit into the "Try not to [ ] so much" category. If you use one move excessively, your opponent will take note of htat and use it against you. If you spam or use a move that is relatively punishable a lot of times, you're going to get punished because your opponent will react to it as they've already seen you do it a dozen times before. If you're on the ledge and all you do it get-up attack, they're going to notice it. If you're in the neutral and you always approach with a fair, they're going to notice it. The only way to counter this is to mix things up. If you have different options, go for it. Sometimes the best option is the worst option because your opponent knows you're always going to go through with it.

Rags

Smash Ace
Everyone reaches that point eventuallY. Some more than once. You're not alone, use it to make yourself get bette, because you will get better.

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just saying, when I came here I absolutely sucked. I got bopped every game and that was because I didn't know anything about facing real people. All I did for practice was play against CPUs and combo them, and thought that was enough for me to be relatively good. I was dead wrong. You have to learn a lot of things if you want to be good in smash, and the only way to learn some of those things is to practice against other people, not by yourself. Keep it up, you'll be better than me in no time.
This is way more true that you think it might be, the first time I player with someone Project M, it was a massacre
... 10-1 by at least 3 persons in the same day. The next one I face Infestx and he told me almost everything I was doing wrong with almost every character I played with.

After a while of playing more, finding Mario so ****ing awesome, learned how to Falco, and learned matchups by losing and learning, I think I'm way better that I was the first time I was were.

So... keep it up.

infestx

Smash Journeyman
@ Smash_Senpai Smash_Senpai I'm about to steal your opponent you okay with that or you gonna give him your FC
Ayyy so who wants to fight me?

Last edited:
Top Bottom