• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Can I ask you guys something? Why do you guys ignore me? [All 4 of you here] Even the 3 that basically go even with me, like what's the deal? Are you scared? Salty? Did I or does something about my playstyle offend you? I never intentionally tried to disrespect you, so I'm just curious if I did something and didn't realize.
I don't ignore you good sir (assuming I'm one of the 4). I think it's bad timing for me since whenever I'm free you happen to be playing someone else or I happen to play someone else before you arrive.

Edit: I usually enjoy playing peeps around your skill level. Having matches that go to the last stock where one mistake or well timed move can make or break the game are the best.

Last edited:

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Wait what? Were you asking for a match? You might want to do a new post every page.
You last post is alomst in the begining of the last page, not on this, I didn't see you, sorry.
Would you want to play?
Oh no I wasn't asking for a match and it wasn't aimed at you, it was intended for some other people.
Maybe tomorrow if you want to play then?

Edit:
I don't ignore you good sir (assuming I'm one of the 4). I think it's bad timing for me since whenever I'm free you happen to be playing someone else or I happen to play someone else before you arrive.

Edit: I usually enjoy playing peeps around your skill level. Having matches that go to the last stock where one mistake or well timed move can make or break the game are the best.
Oh ok I believe you. Just that I asked you and someone else yesterday for a match and you both just up and left the thread a few minutes later. And I think that was his 2nd or 3rd time ignoring me, so I thought maybe I accidentally did something. :(
Haha yeah I'd like to play you more because most of our matches went like that, it was awesome.

Edit2: And I see the other 3 have since left. Guess they're not gonna acknowledge me. Well thanks to you at least for responding, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Royal-X

Smash Ace
Oh no I wasn't asking for a match and it wasn't aimed at you, it was intended for some other people.
Maybe tomorrow if you want to play then?

Edit:

Oh ok I believe you. Just that I asked you and someone else yesterday for a match and you both just up and left the thread a few minutes later. And I think that was his 2nd or 3rd time ignoring me, so I thought maybe I accidentally did something. :(
Haha yeah I'd like to play you more because most of our matches went like that, it was awesome.

Edit2: And I see the other 3 have since left. Guess they're not gonna acknowledge me. Well thanks to you at least for responding, I appreciate it.
Yeah sowwy about that. I habitually lurk this thread from my phone when I'm away from home since it's always in my alerts. Except for occasional exceptions I'm usually lurking the thread just cuz during midday and actually ready to play around night.

Cooperocity

Smash Journeyman
GGs, idk how it's not fair tho. We're going through the same exact delay
i didn't mean it like that i just meant that its aggravating that i can't even show off the stuff i practice and it makes me look like a scrub lol. sorry if it sounds like im making excuses

dizzypink

Smash Lord
Can I ask you guys something? Why do you guys ignore me? [All 4 of you here] Even the 3 that basically go even with me, like what's the deal? Are you scared? Salty? Did I or does something about my playstyle offend you? I never intentionally tried to disrespect you, so I'm just curious if I did something and didn't realize.
Sorry if it seems like that. I try not to ignore people, especially people I don't often play with. I'll be finished with the matches I'm in soon I think, after that do you wanna play?

Poloflipx

Smash Ace
i didn't mean it like that i just meant that its aggravating that i can't even show off the stuff i practice and it makes me look like a scrub lol. sorry if it sounds like im making excuses
Ah, ok. Yeah, wifi can get on my nerves, I just try my best to shake it off if the connection is being silly

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
why? i didn't make him cry or anything, i just ratted him out for running away from me and spamming missiles. also how do you even know about that and why do you care?
Its called spacing which is something samus is good at. Ever tried dodging the missiles try dodging them instead of complaining about it

Last edited:

Cooperocity

Smash Journeyman
I have played him alot more than you have and i have no problem with his missiles at all
well you must have a heart of stone because im not even like that most of the time but I played like 20 games with him and by the end i was just about ready to punch a face

waygu

Smash Lord
@ U un.dead if i'm one of the lurkers that avoids (probably) i'm usually on my phone just lurking, if you see i was playing recently and still avoided i was probably straight not up to get bodied lol. most days i'll take a challenge but if i know you're better than me to the point that it's not really a close match and it's not that fun for one and agitating as **** for the other i'll avoid it

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Sorry if it seems like that. I try not to ignore people, especially people I don't often play with. I'll be finished with the matches I'm in soon I think, after that do you wanna play?
That wasn't for you, that was aimed at other people. And I should be asleep for school, I'm only up because I'm watching twitch and can't sleep from caffeine. But yeah let's play tomorrow if you're available. :)

Also wow haha so much drama.

dizzypink

Smash Lord
@ SuperMario1 SuperMario1 also on what you said earlier all i asked you was why you left and you popped off at me
We're talking about Neo right? Ugh I hate when arguments break out here. I've played Neo a lot and I don't have a problem with his style, but I'm quite hard to anger. I respect the way he plays because it takes skill to do it how he does. If he just sat on the side and shot homings and ran back and forth, it wouldn't be as impressive, but he does all sorts of platform tricks and closing techniques when you get low, and there are openings and patterns you can easily read too.
It's easy to beat Neo in theory, you just have to git gud and have good movement and shielding. Also Neo doesn't have a clue what to do if you counter pick him with someone like Zelda who can reflect super easily. I don't have a hard time at all fighting Neo as long as I keep center stage.
So before you whine about how trash someone is you should take a second to consider everything they're actually doing, all those inputs that they have to put in. I used to think spacy players were just utter garbage because their game plan consisted of making it so you couldn't do anything, but I wised up. Neo isn't just some scrub kid who camps until kill percent, he's literally sniping you. He's the best Samus I know of and I'll stick up for him any day.

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
@ U un.dead if i'm one of the lurkers that avoids (probably) i'm usually on my phone just lurking, if you see i was playing recently and still avoided i was probably straight not up to get bodied lol. most days i'll take a challenge but if i know you're better than me to the point that it's not really a close match and it's not that fun for one and agitating as **** for the other i'll avoid it
It's cool, so you know I had fun playing you. Only times I don't have fun is when I'm playing people that obligate you to not lose, you know people who try to disrespect or taunt a lot. At that point playing is just a chore... Any other time I'm having fun, trying to improve and learn what I can, even if I'm sure I'll win, or lose.

Edit:
He's the best Samus I know of
Nah, I'm the best Samus in this thread. :)
But I don't spam as much as Neo, I usually limit my spamming and fight in the fray more.

Edit2:
well you must have a heart of stone because im not even like that most of the time but I played like 20 games with him and by the end i was just about ready to punch a face
What would you do if you were in a tourney? You can't be mad at someone for using their character well. If they're not taking damage while you are, they're doin it rite.

Last edited:

Cooperocity

Smash Journeyman
We're talking about Neo right? Ugh I hate when arguments break out here. I've played Neo a lot and I don't have a problem with his style, but I'm quite hard to anger. I respect the way he plays because it takes skill to do it how he does. If he just sat on the side and shot homings and ran back and forth, it wouldn't be as impressive, but he does all sorts of platform tricks and closing techniques when you get low, and there are openings and patterns you can easily read too.
It's easy to beat Neo in theory, you just have to git gud and have good movement and shielding. Also Neo doesn't have a clue what to do if you counter pick him with someone like Zelda who can reflect super easily. I don't have a hard time at all fighting Neo as long as I keep center stage.
So before you whine about how trash someone is you should take a second to consider everything they're actually doing, all those inputs that they have to put in. I used to think spacy players were just utter garbage because their game plan consisted of making it so you couldn't do anything, but I wised up. Neo isn't just some scrub kid who camps until kill percent, he's literally sniping you. He's the best Samus I know of and I'll stick up for him any day.
wutever, everyone is making a bigger deal out of it then what actually happened anyway. i just don't like losing by getting juggled off stage by missiles over and over again. I also never raged and called him trash i just complained that he kept doing the same thing no matter what stage or character i chose, but if that's enough to have everyone team up on me and make a big deal out of nothing then fine. i also never wanted this to become an argument, i moved on right after i played him but apparently people are still traumatized by it

Last edited:

dizzypink

Smash Lord
wutever, everyone is making a bigger deal out of it then what actually happened anyway. i just don't like losing by getting juggled off stage by missiles over and over again. I also never raged and called him trash i just complained that he kept doing the same thing no matter what stage or character i chose, but if that's enough to have everyone team up on me and make a big deal out of nothing then fine. i also never wanted this to become an argument, i moved on right after i played him but apparently people are still traumatized by it
Sorry, arguing is my [TRIGGER]

waygu

Smash Lord
@ Cooperocity Cooperocity i think its more friends standing up for friends - even when mario1's being nice it usually doesn't have a super sweet tone just to warn you so take the tone you precieve him to have with a grain of salt
and as someone that got mad when playing neo i get it but just try to be respectful man, if you get mad it's on you you know? gotta try to see it as playstyle differences and instead of say **** it you gotta come at the situation differently.
if you're really not about it and are done again just try to be respectful dude. there's been a match or two i almost broke my controller over and just said ggs and logged off lol

dizzypink

Smash Lord
@ Cooperocity Cooperocity i think its more friends standing up for friends - even when mario1's being nice it usually doesn't have a super sweet tone just to warn you so take the tone you precieve him to have with a grain of salt
and as someone that got mad when playing neo i get it but just try to be respectful man, if you get mad it's on you you know? gotta try to see it as playstyle differences and instead of say **** it you gotta come at the situation differently.
if you're really not about it and are done again just try to be respectful dude. there's been a match or two i almost broke my controller over and just said ggs and logged off lol
Why do I feel like I'm starting to do that to you? 3= It seems like it's getting harder for you to play me.

GmJn

Smash Ace
I didn't get too salty over missiles and I play Ike. You know how hard it is for Ike to get through a missile cancel wall? Kinda tough, but you just have to adjust.

GmJn

Smash Ace
I can understand his feelings though, don't attack him too much over something said in a salty moment, no harm no foul.

Cooperocity

Smash Journeyman
we were playing and out of no where he left the lobby so i thought he lagged out, so when i asked why he left he replied with "Because i can, got a problem with it?" there really isn't anything you can say to convince me that was him "being nice", but i know you're trying to stand up for him

Last edited:

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Anyone else wanna play? Waygu's finished for the night. @ U un.dead has first dibs!
I need to try to get some sleep so I can stay up late tomorrow. Should be home around 3:30 though if that's a good time for you.

@ Cooperocity Cooperocity there's been a match or two i almost broke my controller over and just said ggs and logged off lol
lmao
I can play people like Paradoxium and BlueZone who wreck me, without getting mad. But then I go offline I play Subspace and Classic on intense and blow a fuse. Like that ****'s really infuriating and cheap af sometimes.
Earlier in Classic on like my 4th try, which was going perfectly, my 2nd team fight was Fox. Before killing even 1/10 they killed me twice and ruined my perfect run... wanted to bite the joystick off and throw my controller through the TV. :glare:

Top Bottom