• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Dott

Smash Ace
Ggs @ Dott Dott ! Those Roy dittos were fun!

Any tips you can give me?
In general, you should practice your readsm because you weren't using them, and that's one of the most importants things in a match.

More grabs, specially when you're running to your opponent. You were running and attacking instead of run and grab, but don't always use one of them, use both.

Dont try to counter your opponent ehen he's doing a combo, always go away from him.

Learn how to DI

Use the wavedash to keep you in a safely distsance and enter in he's danger zone, for example dashdance+wavedash+ grab.

Practice your combo game and don't always trust only in your instincts, i saw you were doing that a lot.

Whatch videos of people playing your character and see what are they doing, try to learn those things and adapt to your playsyle.

Always play for fun!

I think that's all.

Yeah, those Roy matches were really funny!

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Great games man! Those were all super hype! You rock with Ganon/Falcon btw.

Hey, are there any tips you can give me?
GGs, @ paxinchristo paxinchristo . Ganon is my main and I just play Falcon on the side for funsies.

You need to work on pressuring your opponent. Most of the time when you were close to me, I felt relatively safe. That should not be. You are Lucario. Everything is safe on shield because you can just cancel it into either a side-b or a down-b.

Also work on your dash dance. The purpose of it is to dash in and out of your opponents range without being hit and baiting out a laggy move from them like an aerial, grab, or dash attack.

Mix up your edge game a bit. You would use the same ledge option every time: grab ledge -> ledge hop -> down-b. If I had REALLY wanted to destroy you, I would have started doing reverse wiz kicks to punish you.

Work on your combo strings. Add a little variety.

This is a little guide that I made sometime last year. I made this when I actually played Lucario a bit.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lucario’s Cancels:

1. Jab or Dash Attack -> Tilt -> Smash -> Special

2. Aerial Attack -> Special

3. Up Smash -> Jump

Any attack can be followed up with any attack from later in the cancel series; thus it is possible to go directly from a jab to a smash or a special.

Basic Combos:

1. Dash Attack -> Forward Tilt/jab(s) -> Any Smash -> Up/Down Special
1.5. Dash Attack -> Forward Tilt/jab(s) -> Up Smash -> Jump -> Special/Aerial

2. Dash Attack -> Forward Special

3. Dash Attack -> Down Special -> Turn Around -> Repeat or use different combo

Combo 1 should be used most of the time considering the fact that it does the most damage and that the others are combos used to penetrate you opponents shield. Combos 2 and 3 should be used to fake out you opponent or on opponents that instinctively shield grab most dash attacks. Also, feel free to deviate from these combos. Lucario is not meant to be a predictable character that can be depended upon to use the same combos every time. Be creative. Make you own combos.

Follow-ups:

Most of the time, after you execute a combo, you opponent will be pushed to far away from you for you to execute yet another combo. To fix this, all you must do is use either your down-special or you up-special which serve as excellent follow-ups to almost any combo, but to use these correctly, you must have at least one aura charge to cancel the move into an attack to continue into whatever combo you deem necessary. If you opponent is launched upwards, all you must do is jump > up-special > cancel into a aerial attack or special. Most of the time your opponent will be caught off guard because he did not expect you to be able to follow him up so high. And, if he is high enough, he should be really easy to KO since he is so close to the blast line. This, however, may not be the case on stages with really high blast lines like Dreamland.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Keep in mind that this was quite a while ago, so I might have been wrong about a few things.

Last edited:

Reivax

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1032-2112-0077
In general, you should practice your readsm because you weren't using them, and that's one of the most importants things in a match.

More grabs, specially when you're running to your opponent. You were running and attacking instead of run and grab, but don't always use one of them, use both.

Dont try to counter your opponent ehen he's doing a combo, always go away from him.

Learn how to DI

Use the wavedash to keep you in a safely distsance and enter in he's danger zone, for example dashdance+wavedash+ grab.

Practice your combo game and don't always trust only in your instincts, i saw you were doing that a lot.

Whatch videos of people playing your character and see what are they doing, try to learn those things and adapt to your playsyle.

Always play for fun!

I think that's all.

Yeah, those Roy matches were really funny!

You look to know a lot how to play, can we play some day?
Add me please, I want to play, my code is:

0518 - 6022 - 0177

Top Bottom